40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• Winston1717
    Options
    Almost out of the club but do not feel like it in any way.
  • NomadicFlame
    Options
    I'm 46... where do I sign up?

I'm trying to change my knackered old body into something reasonable before its too late to do so. Mostly I'm doing this with Insanity.
  • PJ64
    PJ64 Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    My 20's I was fit & crazy, in my 30's fit and busy being a new Dad, in my 40's started out fit, then a major accident, then multiple operations, got lazy, gaining weight & feeling like crap, so at 48 decided to do something, now 49 coasting into 50 and feeling great. I'm NOT one of those who says "Feeling better now than I did in my 20's" or "50 is the new 30" because that's BS. I'm just trying to feel the best I can for as long as I can!
  • princessofredrock
    princessofredrock Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Welcome to all the new faces!

Everyone is doing such great work I don't know where to start or what to say! lol

How about.... YOU ARE ALL AWESOME! ; )

I am all done at the dentist and working today and tomorrow. Hoping to get another Zombie Run in either tonight or tomorrow! Been lifting 2 days a week now! woo hoo! Even been jogging around the office at work instead of walking! Lots of rain today though and the last 5 pt's of the day all came in at once! weeee got em all done and now time to go!

Catch ya later cool kids and keep rocking it!

Chelle
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,987 Member
    Options
    What is a "zombie run"???

The capris I haven't worn since day one of this trip can BARELY be done up. That's it. Face-stuffing ends here and now. Diet begins, anew....
  • Adrianachiarato
    Adrianachiarato Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Here I am! Friends welcome! :flowerforyou:
  • FunkenWagnel
    FunkenWagnel Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    What is a "zombie run"???

The capris I haven't worn since day one of this trip can BARELY be done up. That's it. Face-stuffing ends here and now. Diet begins, anew....
    It's a runner's app that I haven't tried but sounds really awesome:) When I get some $$, I'll be trying it out.
  • NomadicFlame
    Options
    Zombie Run is an App for smartphones (iOS or Android). It is used to encourage you to run by having "zombies" chasing you in the app and a commentary about you being in a Zombie Apocalypse world. The app seems to work by monitoring your position and speed and if you don't increase speed when you hear the zombies, they catch you and you lose.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Thanks! I'm not a runner, so have no awareness of runner-apps.

Sitting in the San Diego airport....travel days are long, boring, tiring. Here we go....
  • princessofredrock
    Options
    Not really a runner either but am learning! I am using the 5k training app. works you up from nothing to running 5k! Yes hearing that growl in your ear makes you run! lol
  • Sarahsw9
    Sarahsw9 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Made the mistake of looking along my body while in plank position this morning - eek!
    All I could see was saggy belly skin hanging down. A timely reminder of what I'm doing this for, I suppose, but tbh I could have lived without it!
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday Morning cool kids!

Welcome to all the new cool kids! princessofred said it right - "you are all awesome!"

Beeps - safe travels!

Crazy weekend. Super busy, but I got it all done. I arrived everywhere I was supposed to be about a half hour late, but I made it! And, I also fit a 6 mile run and some major housework / laundry and baking in there! It's amazing what one can get done while moving in overdrive. I did sleep in this morning, so this half hour late thing continues. :laugh:

three more days of my reset to go. I am officially down 10lbs as of this morning. What that means is I am now right back where I started when I first joined MFP. :tongue:
  • princessofredrock
    Options
    Happy Monday cool kids!

Sarah I think we all could have done without the extra baggage we have or did have at some point! lol The good thing like you said is that it reminds us why we are here and why we are exercising! So look for the improvements and the positive things you are doing for yourself now, not just the negative things! ; )

Beeps- travel sucks! lol Glad you are back home though!

Sil- So glad you had a good weekend, and you certainly deserve to sleep in a bit! ; )

Have a great day and Hit It Hard cool kids!
  • NomadicFlame
    Options
    Made the mistake of looking along my body while in plank position this morning - eek!
    All I could see was saggy belly skin hanging down. A timely reminder of what I'm doing this for, I suppose, but tbh I could have lived without it!

Do Insanity... repeat the look. You'll see a different result.

...there will be sweat pouring from where you used to have skin hanging :)
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    sdereski - it's always a GOOD DAY when weight is down 10 lbs.....don't worry about the rest of it, lol!

princessofred - Hi! Travel went fine - uneventful, which is always good! Am back at work, today. It's going to be a busy day, and I'm happy to see all my co-workers!

I'll do bodyweight work-outs the next 3 days....best I can manage right now. Then I start my 3-week forced break. But, my calories are going to be well-controlled. I entered a "challenge" on another forum to keep me honest.
  • Sarahsw9
    Options
    Thanks Princess - I know there is less there than there was before so I have hope that it will go one day!

Nomadic - How hard is Insanity on the knees? I'm doing 30DS at the moment and my knees are just about coping.
  • KellySue67
    KellySue67 Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    Good Monday morning!! I got in another trail walk yesterday. I walked more than 3/4 of it, but not the whole thing. Today was a gym day. Did some lifting and treadmill. I was feeling tired this morning and almost didn't go, but I am glad I pushed on!

Welcome to all the new people!

Beeps glad to see you made it home safe and sound.

I am only working three days this week and am off on Thursday and Friday to spend time with my little man!! He turned 8 months old last Friday! He's growing so fast! He actually has his first tooth also! School starts next week and my daughter goes back to work so we will be back to having Jake at the house two days a week. Looking forward to seeing him more regularly!

Have a good day all!
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    Thanks Princess - I know there is less there than there was before so I have hope that it will go one day!

Nomadic - How hard is Insanity on the knees? I'm doing 30DS at the moment and my knees are just about coping.

I did Insanity for 3 weeks, and Nomadic is right, you will have sweat pouring off you like you wouldn't believe, however, it killed my knees (and I don't have knee issues) so quit it. I'm a runner and the knee soreness was starting to worry me.
  • Sarahsw9
    Options
    Thanks for that. I wouldn't call myself a runner but I do jog three times a week. Maybe Insanity is not for me just yet!
    The zombie run app sounds fun though - I might give that a go...