40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,995 Member
    Options
    I managed a shower last night....so, I do feel better today. My husband soaped my hair and body and I held a wash-cloth over my eye. I am SO UBER-PROTECTIVE of my eye, it isn't even funny. Weird.

Tomorrow is next surgery - can't wait until it's over and then REAL AND FULL RECOVERY can begin.

While I don't relish the DOMs that will come with my return to the gym later this month....at least, I'll know that, when I'm there, it also means I'm well on my way to "recovery" - and THAT is VERY MEANINGFUL to me!
  • KellySue67
    KellySue67 Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    Beeps- good luck with your surgery tomorrow. I'll be thinking of you.

Rest day for me which is really good cause I am super tired today. I may cancel my evening activities so that I can relax at home. It all depends on how the rest of the afternoon goes.

30 DS dvd for me tomorrow instead of the gym. My hubby has an early morning Dr. appointment so there won't be time. I will get there on Saturday for sure!
  • princessofredrock
    princessofredrock Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I am glad you are seeing the future Beeps! You will keep on rocking it!

welcome bac2 and chaelaz! Love being over 40! lol Age is only a state of mind! ; )

My mini goal for this week is to be able to do 2 chin ups! I am half way there! lol

Should be picking up our camper Friday and using it this weekend too! Will be a different experience. I am used to camping, but the whole trailer thing is new! Lots to learn!

Happy HUMP DAY! Cool kids! Keep rocking it! xoxo

Chelle!

Oh and any newbies or oldies lol that want solid support feel free to add me! ; )
  • princessofredrock
    Options
    btw the pic was last nights sunset! ; )
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    KellySue - YAY for 'rest days'....you have a plan on what to do tomorrow and Saturday, so it all seems to be very good.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    princessofred, that photo is AWESOME! I love late summer sunsets here - TOO BEAUTIFUL for words!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    princessofred - that means you're already doing 1 chin-up - HOW AWESOME!

Getting from 1- to 2- will be WAY tougher than, for example, getting from 9- to 10-....because, you're actually having to expend 100% times the effort. By the time you can do 9-, you only have to expend a little more effort to get to 10.

Anyway, you're on track to go get this - I'M TOTALLY JEALOUS!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Let's ...
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Roll ...
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    This...
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Thread!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Welcome to the 40+ club. If you'd like some motivation or some support, for meeting your fitness/nutrition goals into your 40's and beyond, then THIS is THE CLUB FOR YOU!!
  • caramelgyrlk
    caramelgyrlk Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    I took a 90 minute boot camp and boxing challenge on Labor Day and It took my breath away and I almost hurled also. I really do not mind being 42, however, I really wished I had been this persistent about working out in my 20's, perhaps I would be rock solid now. I will keep fighting until I get there.
  • WhataBroad
    WhataBroad Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    hey, I am 40+ and very cool... how did I not know about this club!! =)

caramel, I hear ya. I was diligent in my 20's, it was my 30's that I revolted!! This is a fight worthy of hurling.. stay strong!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    caramel - doesn't matter what you did before or where you were at. You can FIRMLY provide the necessary discipline to be in a WAY BETTER BODY a year from now! You got this!!

WhataBroad - hey, I totally want to know the 'history' behind your handle, lol!!!
  • princessofredrock
    Options
    Checking in for the roll............... lol YAY!
  • WhataBroad
    WhataBroad Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    hey Beeps =) I wish I had some awesome story but really... Broad is my last name! :happy:
  • GREENXOXO
    Options
    Welcome to the 40+ club. If you'd like some motivation or some support, for meeting your fitness/nutrition goals into your 40's and beyond, then THIS is THE CLUB FOR YOU!!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Well, Broad, that still works as a "story" - welcome to the "club"!
  • RM10003
    RM10003 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Whoohoo, we rolled it!

Did my usual sculpt class this morning and was very happy to be able to make it through without dropping below 10 lbs for my heavies. I know that isn't all that heavy, but until recently I haven't been able to make it through things like shoulder presses at that level, so it's progress for me. Don't know if it's allergies (ragweed season?) or just today's early start, but I have been so exhausted all day today. Gotta try to get to bed a little earlier this evening.

Beeps, good luck tomorrow! And Chelle, what a beautiful sunset!