40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• JamericanBoy
    JamericanBoy Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Also 47 and in the best shape I have been in at least 10 years. Getting better everyday!
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,995 Member
    Options
    Hi to the 2 x 47-year-olds who posted in here, today!

I did get an hour-long walk in, today. So, that was nice - it was sunny and warm outside. And, my paralegal was kind enough to make a "crock-pot lasagna" for today...she didn't want to buy me flowers, so she made me FOOD!

I took a "pass" at the lunch-hour (because I had my regular ol' salad), but I'm off to an evening function, so I had my slice of crock-pot lasagna instead of any supper-time foods.

She's such an AMAZING cook....and I am FOREVER turning her "down" because of my diet. Today, I thought, "she worked hard to say "welcome back from surgery" - you can partake!"

I logged it and still came in under my total for today!
  • ladymm40
    Options
    Hi,

So can anyone join this thread?

I am 41 and just getting back on the weight loss wagon. Looking for some friends and support.

Thanks

Mary
  • RM10003
    RM10003 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Hi cool kids!

Of course anyone can join, ladymm40--welcome! Post away!

Definitely hubba hubba on the bikini pics, Princessofred! And crockpot lasagna sounds awesome, Beeps. I am going to have to find a good lower fat lasagna recipe one of these days.

Went for a little walk today at lunch and then hit a Pilates class at the office gym this evening. I used to do Pilates regularly at a studio nearby but fell off the wagon for a few months until going to the spa for a week and doing it every day. It's not a huge calorie burn, but it really is such a huge help for my back--the sciatica/nerve-related stuff in my foot definitely lightens up when I do it. So it's time to get back into it.
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    Finally got back on here and the new thread is already on Page 3!

Ran an 8 mile road race on the weekend. I did that race about 27 years ago and at a much quicker pace. It was still a nice run and enjoyed the day thoroughly!

Am super busy with the wedding prep - it is this Saturday!! May not be on here for a while, but am hoping to get some sort of workouts in, even if it is dancing and walking.

Beeps - haven't read through the thread, but am hoping your second eye surgery went well and you are now on your way to complete healing!

Have a great day kids.
  • KellySue67
    KellySue67 Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    Lasagna-mmm! It's one of my favorites when the weather gets cooler. I actually have a good make-over recipe from Taste of Home that has poultry Italian sausage and lean ground beef in it, as well as a sauce that you make on your own. It is really yummy and easier on the calories.

It is dark and rainy here today- lots of thunder and lightening. I would have preferred to walk outside, but not in that. Did 30DS DVD instead. It's a good work out, but just not my favorite thing to do. I also got to spend part of my morning with my little sweetheart, Jake. He is getting so big and is just the cutest ever! It is hard to leave to come to work when he is at the house!

Today is also my wedding anniversary. 19years! Seems like yesterday sometimes. No big plans tonight since I have to work until 6:00. We are going out to dinner with my parents on Saturday.

Sdereski- have a great time with the wedding. My younger daughter is getting married in November. It is going to be a very small wedding with just immediate family- she and her fiancé had a big wedding planned several years ago, but cancelled 6 weeks before because they weren't ready at that time. They decided that this time it was going to be small and simple. I'm just happy that they have finally decided to get married. It's been a long time coming!

Have a great day everyone!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Happy anniversary, KellySue! 19 years is awesome - we are into our 14th year and still enjoying each other very much! I wish you were going for dinner tonight, though!

sdereski - all went well - glad to see you poking your face in here!

Today is a "fast" day for me....until supper-time, I hope.
  • WhataBroad
    WhataBroad Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    morning/afternoon kids!

Beeps - certainly seems way too young for cataracts but so glad it's over and done and you are on the mend. How sweet of your paralegal to bring you a lasagna and wtg for passing on it for both meals for the day... I am not sure I would have the will power!

RM - it always seems we don't realize how good something is until its gone... pilates and yoga are so good for our bodies, wtg for getting back into it. I am sure your back with thank you!

KellySue - congratulations! hopefully the two of you will find some way of enjoying your day today.

Started Stronglifts 5x5 this morning, I like the simplicity of it but at the same time, I don't know if I'll like the simplicity of it! lol I also joined an 8 week fitness challenge today that one of the gal's on my FL has put together with a few of her friend's; Adventures to Oz it's called. Theres fitness challenges and 'To Do's' thoughout the week so it looks like it will be engaging and fun!

Have a great day everyone!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    I'm a "challenge-junkie". So, good for you, Broad!

I didn't take a "pass" on the lasagna! I just didn't have it for lunch, and decided to substitute what I was GOING to have for supper for a small plate of her lasagna. Which, by the way, was TASTY AND AWESOME!

i stayed within my calories, yesterday. Hopefully today, too!
  • bkw99508
    bkw99508 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    princessofred - you are my hero. I am so looking forward to being able to do 1 pullup! YOU Rock!!

I went to the Dr for my anual on Friday and was pleasantly surprised that the scale showed 209.4 (down from 218 the last time I visited a month ago). Granted my celebration, which I do not regret one bit, brought my weight loss to 211...still 3 lbs for the week.

BTW...I so look forward to see wha the cool people are up to. Thanks for that!!!
  • bkw99508
    bkw99508 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    princessofred - you are my hero. I am so looking forward to being able to do 1 pullup! YOU Rock!!

I went to the Dr for my anual on Friday and was pleasantly surprised that the scale showed 209.4 (down from 218 the last time I visited a month ago). Granted my celebration, which I do not regret one bit, brought my weight loss to 211...still 3 lbs for the week.

BTW...I so look forward to see wha the cool people are up to. Thanks for that!!!
  • poocgrs23
    poocgrs23 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Heyyy. I felt the same way last week and also a this week. It's a little better this week. I am struggling to get up and exercise. A couple of weeks ago I was out the bed in no time. I discover this morning that I do not like going to the gym when it's still dark. I bet if the sun was rising at 5:25 am. I would be okay. I have to shake this off. I am not going to make my goal of 50 lbs by by 50 birthday which is 11/23.
  • ladymm40
    Options
    Hi everyone,

Just peaking in from work and wanted to say Hi and thanks for the welcome yesturday.

I'm at work and gotta get back to it....

Have a great day everyone....
  • poocgrs23
    poocgrs23 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I forgot to say hello to everyone. I hope I am not in the wrong club. Because I am 49 and will be 50 in 2 monts. I love reading everyone posts. However, makes me feel like I have been slagging. I usually go to the gym and walk 2-3 miles in the am. I am going to add back a day or two for the weight room. I am so glad that I decided to day to check out the post because they are really helpful.
  • Angimom
    Angimom Posts: 1,463 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone! I want to belong to the cool club also! I am a happily married Mom of 3 beautiful daughters and 2 dogs. I am working on losing the next 20lbs!

Happy Tuesday!
  • KellySue67
    KellySue67 Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    Hey to all of the new people- the more the merrier!

My hunny :love: and I did take out last night and watched some of our favorite shows on tv. Not a real exciting night, but relaxing any way.

Today is my rest day. Long day ahead. I will be at the gym tomorrow. I have extra time since I don't have to be in to work until 11:15. Should be able to get in a good work out!

Have a good day all!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Hi!

Nice anniversary after all, KellySue. Glad to read it.

I'm off to a lunchtime event - will write more later.
  • sdereski
    Options
    I forgot to say hello to everyone. I hope I am not in the wrong club. Because I am 49 and will be 50 in 2 monts. I love reading everyone posts. However, makes me feel like I have been slagging. I usually go to the gym and walk 2-3 miles in the am. I am going to add back a day or two for the weight room. I am so glad that I decided to day to check out the post because they are really helpful.

Right club! I will be 53 next week. They haven't booted me out yet. :wink:
  • sdereski
    Options
    Beeps - glad things went well with your surgery!

Kelly Sue - happy anniversary!
    This wedding has been a long time coming as well. My son is 30. They have been together for over 12 years (yes, high school sweethearts). She always wanted a big wedding, so that is what they are having. In January, her father died very suddenly and unexpectedly and she really struggled with whether she would still have the big wedding. Her family convinced her to go ahead as the family needed a reason to get together for a happy occasion as they had suffered some serious losses in the fast 3 years.
    I know it was difficult for her, as this is supposed to be such a happy time for her, it has certainly been tinged with sadness. She was daddy's baby girl - the youngest of 3 girls. I know Saturday will be bittersweet, but everyone has been just wonderful with the planning and organzing of this event.

I have a terrible cold. I've been working until midnight everynight this week in preperation. As well as having something every single weekend....haven't really had much time for proper rest. Am going to need some good drugs to get me through this, or some good oregano oil. :tongue:

Welcome new cool kids!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    I really hope the wedding is a GREAT event!

And, I hope you have a SUPER-great time!

I cancelled the "volunteer" plans I made for tonight - it is SO super-nice out....I want to go for a nice, long walk!