40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• princessofredrock
    princessofredrock Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Nice work Beeps! Glad yours eyes are ok!

Yes Nae Nae! We are the in crowd! ; )

Welcome Lebe!

RM- sounds like a great time!

I finally took a day off yesterday but still ended up hitting all my Fitbit goals doing laundry, house work and my strength training! A day off for me is no running or hiking! lol

Come join me for MINION Monday for those that are not on my FL-- http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1099113-minion-monday

Have a great day Cool Kids!

Chelle ; )
  • Whyareyoumad
    Whyareyoumad Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Hi guys, 42 here. I finally found a gym I like and have been going steady for just over a year, running on my off days. Checked two weeks ago and was at 19% BF. My trainer wants me to get to 9%. That is how I was turned on to this site, calorie counting and doing well as far as I can tell. I also work out to maintain lean muscle mass, not sure if I am losing weight but I hope to maintain or lose just a little weight with emphasis on losing body fat.
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,994 Member
    Options
    jameswilson - are you aiming for 9% on a permanent basis, or just for a competition?

princessofred - I like being active, but it's true, I certainly don't run or hike everyday! Nice to see all that activity around here, though!

Got my walk in at the lunch-time - sitting down to a nice salad, now.
  • WhataBroad
    WhataBroad Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday all!

jonnyman - take care of that chest cold! nothing worse than the feeling of heaviness in your lungs that comes with it.

joyfuljoy - yup, get used to the backlash from those that don't want to see you move on without them.

jsoulia - great job in getting past the first week! make the most of the next few as you are forming the healthy habits =)

NaeNae - wish you a speedy recovery but just make sure you recover fully so you don't have a set back and then it'll be forever until you can get back at it. =)

KellySue - so glad you had a wonderful dinner with you hubby and parents... the creme brulee sounds devine =)

Beeps - woohoo @ victory at the battle of the bloat! maybe it moved from your waist to your thighs?! lol I know how you feel about itching to get back at it; restraint sucks!

I had a beauty of a run on Friday evening, golf on Saturday and installed a closet organizer on Sunday, what a challenge that thing was!! I had to have an extra glass of wine just to get through the instruction booklet! =)
  • KellySue67
    KellySue67 Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon Cool Kids! I have to say that I am just tired today!! It is very fall like here today. (started the day around 35f degrees and is now around 60f) I just really wanted to stay in my warm bed this morning! I did get up and bundled up and went for a walk though. My daughters found a 5k for us to participate in. It will be October 20th, so I want to get in lots of walking before then, since I won't be running. I really tried hard to take it up, but it was killer on the knees. It should be fun just the same. They are having lots of activities for the family as well after the race. ( a magician, music, food, a costume contest for the kids, etc.)

Hope everyone has a good afternoon! Back to work for me!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Running is hard on my hips. It just is, KellySue - so, as much as I "feel" like I want to run, from time-to-time, I choose to walk and squeeze my glutes REALLY HARD the WHOLE WAY, lol!
  • MrsMX
    MrsMX Posts: 98
    Options
    Did someone say 40+ ..
    I don't feel it most of the time!!! but I'm here/there

I'd love to be a part of the 40+ club please ...
  • RM10003
    RM10003 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the club MrsMX!

It was very cool here this morning (I totally regretted not wearing a jacket for the commute) and my brain has completely switched into "pumpkin baked goods" mode..... My Pinterest boards are full of recipes for pumpkin breads, waffles, pancakes, and oatmeal. I am going to try to be good and stick to just making a batch of pumpkin baked oatmeal, but now that I look at the weather forecast they're talking about 80 degrees this weekend, which'll snap me right back out of pumpkin mode. Hmmm, we'll see.

Skipped the gym today and just went for a quick walk instead. Tomorrow I've got my 7am sculpt class, plus physical therapy for my back later on (oh yay, more abs!).

KellySue, I hear you on the running--so far my downfall has been not my knees, but my absolute inability to get the breathing right. (Plus, TMI, I find myself having to run off the treadmill and into the ladies room.... it's all just a bit too stimulating for me.) I am trying to get myself to the point where I feel like it's OK not to run, a harder workout on the elliptical is just fine..... but man that calorie burn with the running is seductive. Then again so is breathing.
  • Readydave
    Readydave Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Turned 40 in February this year. I've been on MFP for a while. On and off fad diets and different exercises for a while. Finally settled in and started jogging. Ran three 5K races this year. Didn't win any of course, but I was running to finish, not win. I've been doing some Beachbody Insanity now and this is week six out of nine. I'm losing inches off of my waist and pounds off of everywhere. Been getting good, supportive comments at work from some and negative comments from others (you look too skinny, losing weight too fast, I should eat more, etc). Those come from coworkers who should start saying no to the bad foods that always make their way into a workplace. Anyhow, good to read the comments here. I haven't really posted before so this is me coming out of my shell a little bit.
    Cheers,
    Dave
  • KellySue67
    Options
    Happy Wednesday! Welcome to the new folks! Rest day for me, so I will be making sure to keep my calories in check!

RM- I know what you mean about the pumpkin thing!! I cheated and had two pumpkin munchkins from Dunkin Donuts yesterday. They were delightful!! That and I have been making pumpkin coffee at home in the mornings!

Have a great day all! :bigsmile:
  • BrotherBill913
    BrotherBill913 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    I'm 48 and doing great! Had major repai surgery 4 months ago, tore my tricep and tendon off of my arm but getting back on track with rebuilding my strengh. Have been walking and doing stairs during this recovery time though. would welcome some new friends , so just say hi!!! :)
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    I totally think the whole "pumpkin" thing is VERY over-rated, lol. There will be pumpkin pie at my thanksgiving dinner - but it won't be homemade and that will be the sum total of our Canadian pumpkin fall....

It *was* chilly this morning, here, too.

2 more days until I CAN LIFT!
  • princessofredrock
    princessofredrock Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! You KNOW what day it is? I know you do! It's HUMP DAY! lol Love that commercial.

Welcome Dave, Bill and Mrsmx!

Dave I will repeat what a few have said on here that haters will hate, and they are either jealous or uncomfortable now that you look better than they do! ; )

this pic is my 7 and 8 yr old.

It is hard to get off your a&& and do stuff when you have an eyeball popping headache, But I am getting up and out the door to do my Zombie run! # 2 of week 5 of training! I will go back to the BBL more once done with this though. I had better results with it, but I am enjoying the running!

Yay Beeps Lift lift lift! I have been using our Power Plate too with my strength training.

lol RM pumpkin mode? Tasty!

You cool kids have a great week! xoxo
    Chelle
  • bkw99508
    bkw99508 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Hey Cool Kids!

I ran my first day of the first week of a C25K program yesterday. Loved it. :) My second day starts tonight. :)

I also just posted another 2.8lb loss.

Speaking of pumpkins. I saw a recipe on Pinterest for something called Pumpkin Fluff. Looked pretty good. It used pumpkin, cottage cheese, sweetner, spices and whip cream. Thinking of tyring it. :)
  • WhataBroad
    WhataBroad Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    Happy Humpday kids!

mmmm... pumpkin ( Homer Simpsonesque)

KellySue - please tell me about this pumpkin coffee!!

BrotherBill - OUCH!! my arm had a twinge just reading that! That will no doubt take quite awhile to heal.

Princess - handsome little men you have there =)

Beeps - the countdown is on!! it will be 'minutes' soon!

bkw - fantastic result for your work and dedication! and that pumpkin fluff looks like a little cloud of deliciousness.

I had a kick *kitten* workout yesterday morning and then had a nice hour long walk after work last night to stave off DOMS today, lol. It was grey and chilly this morning so I took the extra hour of sleep instead, sighhhh. I'm going to get out for a walk at lunch and will get out for a run after work today. I have to get back into getting it done in the morning again... I have been feel like a zombie on the days I don't.

Enjoy the rest of your day!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    ...no way that princessofred used the phrase "eyeball popping" somewhere that I CAN READ IT.

:(

WhataBroad - hope your walk + run was awesome!
  • jonnyman41
    jonnyman41 Posts: 1,032 Member
    Options
    going out for a meal tonight (steak night) with my hubby and grown up eldest son plus his girlfriend. I can't fit in my normal zumba class tonight so I am debating whether to go to a class an hour earlier. It will make it very tight for getting back, showered and changed but I really don't want to miss it. Also planning to walk into town and back today rather than drive, around 3-4 miles each way.
  • KellySue67
    Options
    Hi Cool Kids! Good work out this morning. A mix of lifting and cardio. I had to be in to work a little earlier today so it was a bit shorter, but good just the same.

whatabroad- It's Keurig's Green Mountain Pumpkin Spice coffee. It is delish! I usually add some sugar free pumpkin creamer from Coffee Mate to is as well. MMMMM!

Have a great day All! It's a Jake day for me tomorrow, but will try to get in a walk before he comes to the house.
  • Patriots96
    Patriots96 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Count me in! I turned 40 last Oct (will be 41 soon) Lost about 30 lbs so far (16 on MFP). Have 2 sons, age 17 and 12. Have been at a plateau for a while now and looking for friends my age to add to encourage and to encourage me. I wonder if I need to lower my calories since my weight has gone down? I am doing 1500/day now and workout 3 days a week at Curves. Any advice appreciated!:drinker:
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    jonny - did you get that zumba class in?

Kelly - enjoy Jake!

Patriot - if your aren't losing bodyfat, you're eating too many calories - it really is that simple! (So, are you actually weighing/measuring to make sure what you "think" you are eating is what you are actually eating?)

I think I'm going to go to the gym at lunch, re-start my membership, get ready for tomorrow! I've already printed out my work-outs!

Tomorrow, also, I have to WEIGH-IN! First time on a scale in 6- weeks and I'm hoping that all my calorie-restriction will result in a "fair" number....no SCALE-SHOCK, no-sirree