40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• bkw99508
    bkw99508 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Whole Foods....I wish. Heard a rumor that we are finally getting one up here (Alaska). One of the downsides of living up here is the produce. But the salmon is AWESOME.

Quick question. Have you found that you just move more now? I was driving and notice that not only do I sing out loud, but im dancing sitting down. I bet I get some funny looks! I'm really enjoying the extra "umph" this process is giving me.
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,995 Member
    Options
    Today, I'm aiming to walk for 2.5 hours.
  • caramelgyrlk
    caramelgyrlk Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    I am trying to get this running/jogging under control. Whenever I take boot camp and boxing I am the last one to finish the running part. It is driving me CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:angry:

I work out 3-5 days a week and been under my calories every day, yet the scale is not moving.

Why do I let the scale ruin my emotions?
  • happydaze71
    happydaze71 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I wanna be where the cool kids are at! I'm 42 and the fittest I've ever been in my life. I am struggling to convince the rest of my weight to get lost, but I follow a strict eating plan and love to run and lift heavy weights.
  • PippiNe
    PippiNe Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I want to be in the "in" crowd too! Will turn 41 next week. Mom of 5 kids ages 2-12. I've eliminated all the weight I put on while having them and then some. I'm within 5-6 lbs of goal, so I'm close, but dang these last pounds are buggers coming off. I think all of them are in my rear end too - lol. Have never felt this confident about the way I look in clothes. Gone from a size 10/12 to a 4/6. I can't honestly remember being at the weight I am now ever. I think I just jumped over the 120s when I was growing up!

Looking forward to chatting with people who have a firm grasp on reality!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Welcome to all the newcomers!

I didn't make 2.5 hours, yesterday - I quit at 1.5 hours. It was enough and I kept my calories ultra-low yesterday.

I'm starting an 11-week challenge, tomorrow, so today I took my "before" photos and measurements....my hips/bum are UP - so I did MORE "vacation damage" than I had anticipated. Booooo.
  • jsoulia06
    jsoulia06 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I am turning 40 in Dec! And wow what happened!! LOL

I was down 40 lbs in 2011 and in two years it creep back plus.some.. so now I am trying to get back on track before I loose total control (More than I already have) just started on thurs and now trying to get a work out in... I cant believe how out of shape I feel!!! so crazy how everything changes!

I have 5 kids (2 -step 22, 19) (19, 15,8) plus a grand baby 16 months. You would think with all that I would be thin but no so ;(

I hope to loose at lease 20 by my Bday so my journey begins!
  • KellySue67
    KellySue67 Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday Cool Kids!!

Welcome to all of the new faces!

I did not make it to the gym on Saturday, but walked 3.4 miles instead. Yesterday I kind of "blew it" for the day and did not get a work out in and ate too much of some awesome food at a birthday party that we went to.

I made it to the gym this morning and got some lifting in. Not being there for even a week has made a difference, but it felt good to be back!

Have a good day all!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    I'm back at the office and to make myself feel "like a girl", I actually curled my hair and put on lipstick! No eye makeup for awhile, but at least I feel a little more presentable than I have been over the past little while.

:)
  • karllundy
    karllundy Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Started coming to this spot now and then a few months ago, but officially joined yesterday. :drinker:

It is nice to be able to truly say that I am 40 and the healthiest I have ever been in my entire life (not even as a kid).

Have a fantastic week!
  • tsamons
    tsamons Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hey, I want to join! Although I only have a couple more years in the 40's. It's great to be here!
  • trackmom67
    Options
    Happy Monday Morning! This is my first post on MFP so if I make mistakes in the acronyms, be gentle. I am 46 and started July 27th with MFP and then added a FitBit a few weeks later. I am determined to not enter my 50s feeling like I am entering my 100s. This is a life change, not a diet. Twenty-four years of being overweight and making unhealthy choices needs to stop. My kids are grown and it's my turn now. My husband is a great support too. Just signed up to walk in my first 5k this SUNDAY - yikes!
  • running_shoe
    running_shoe Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Hey, cool! 40s are totally rockin'. I'm 42 and totally in denial about the whole "mid-life" thing. MFP helped me lose 15 pounds and now that I'm maintaining, I've started NROLW. Time to get strong! 40s is the decade to find your groove, people! Make it happen!

Sandy
  • zanne54
    zanne54 Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Oh, yay! I'm cool! Not just "old"!

I hit 240 lbs at 42 and realized I needed to make the big lifestyle change. So, I joined MFP and made a resolution to lose the weight, exercise daily (most of the time), and to make better food choices. And guess what happened? I've lost almost 60 pounds so far. I've almost completed the C25K program, and ran my first mini-triathlon a couple weeks ago.

Weekends used to be spent sitting around, eating and drinking beer with my friends. Now, we go do some intense exercise first and then sit around, eat & drink beer! It's such a simple solution: I wish I had figured this out in my 20s. I've missed too many years of exercising adventures!

And now summer is over, I am trying to get back on track. Since June, I've managed to maintain within a 5 pound range, but now it's time to restart the loss so I can achieve my goal weight for Dec 31st. Or at least get closer to it!
  • rbear713
    rbear713 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Here I go too!! 41 and in the very best shape of my life...I started my turn around @ 39 - Dropped 100lbs in 4 months and havent looked back since....

When I joined MFP I was addicted to Food, Smoking, and Soda, but I traded all those addictions in for my new addiction....EXERCISE!'

WOOOHOOOOOO!!! 40s RULE!
  • princessofredrock
    princessofredrock Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Welcome to all the new faces!

Nice to feel girly once in a while beeps!

Well, I was not sure I was going to make my goal last week! BUT I DID IT! I did 2 chin ups! lol

This is my first bikini pick in like 10 yrs! whew! posted a before and after in my blog since starting Hormone Therapy!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/princessofredrock/view/one-month-on-hormone-therapy-pics-575598

I hope you all have a great week!

Keep it rocking cool kids!
  • WhataBroad
    WhataBroad Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday everyone and hello to all the new faces! =)

I 'unplugged' for a golf getaway with the hubz... was awesome! I still watched what I ate and made wise choices but I didn't log a thing =) We walked the courses and my Jawbone Up told me that I had 227% of my 10,000 step goal on Saturday and 197% on Sunday.

No running/swimming for another day or so as my tattoo heals but I am planning on some kick *kitten* bike rides along with my weights.

bkw - I bet the salmon is awesome!!

Beeps - what happened to your eye?

rbear - 100lbs!! awesome work =)

ETA - Woohooo/hubba hubba princess!!
  • jonnyman41
    jonnyman41 Posts: 1,032 Member
    Options
    how do I join? or do I just have to post lol
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    princessofred - LOOKING HOT, HOT, HOT!! Nicely done - especially the 2 pull-ups! Awesome!

WhataBroad - I had cataracts removed from my left eye (Aug 30) and from my right eye (Sept 5) - am WAY TOO YOUNG for this to happen, but there it is!

jonnyman - just post here....it's a pretty welcoming group!
  • ractrev
    ractrev Posts: 426
    Options
    I did not realize I was missing out on such a club!! 47 here - hello everyone!!