40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• SoulPhyre
    SoulPhyre Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone, I guess I'm here in the 40 + group. I just started back into the calorie counting (I'm so not up on all these acronyms, sorry) and it works for me. I am a divorced mom of two boys, and my goal is to look good in jeans (no muffin top or thighs that rub together) I know its conceded, but it's what I want ;)

I gained the extra weight back the last couple years and I'm not liking the tightness of my "fat clothes" sigh.

Anyway, Hello everyone.

Angela
  • padams2359
    padams2359 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    New profile pic is a pair of 501s (29X32) that I bought in 1983. Never thought they would ever see the light of day again. At least not on me!
  • DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    Options
    New profile pic is a pair of 501s (29X32) that I bought in 1983. Never thought they would ever see the light of day again. At least not on me!
    Congrats!!!
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,987 Member
    Options
    Yay for new (old) jeans that fit!

My company shoves off in a couple hours....I might squeeze in a walk before supper!
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options

AWESOME!!!! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Not a long walk - but a walk around the block with my oldest son. Still worth it!

Today, I lift!
  • DamePiglet
    Options
    Well, Happy Monday, everyone!
    My "jeggings" are now officially just jeans. :-D
  • princessofredrock
    princessofredrock Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Happy Minion Monday Cool kids!

I have been sooooo busy and I see how much I have missed! You are all doing so great!

*Happy Dance* for you all!

I was on vacation up to Salt lake City, Utah. Have some great pics on my profile if you like to look. Then we came back, and some bug of sorts tried its best to take me out , but I did my best to keep moving! Ended up sleeping for over 12 hrs last thurs! Woke up and was better! lol

Then we had to work this weekend. Plus dealing with the govt craziness! We got thru Arches National Park before it was closed but tried to take my now 9 yr old to the Petrified Forest for his B-day, and it was closed! I was really, ticked to put it mildly! They can pay a ranger to stand at the gate and tell you why it's closed and to keep you from entering but not to just let you walk around the place! What a crock! One of these days people are going to get tired of getting stomped on by the govt and that will be the best and worst day ever! Best for us and worst for them! Ok getting off my soap box now! lol

I hope you all have a great week! I have my soon to be 11yr old's party to get ready for this weekend! Crazy house cleaning catch up time!

I am almost done with the zombie run 5k! I am back to doing Brazil Butt Lift every day! Saw better results doing it than just running and strength training!

Don't worry beeps! I am seeing a difference with the strength training so I am going to do both! Seems like a good mix for me!

Keep rocking it friends! xoxo

Chelle
  • princessofredrock
    princessofredrock Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    P. S. Alf Sorry for your hubby and all who got furloughed! My issues are with the govt obviously, not the regular folks who's lives are all messed up now because of this fight over funding issues! If we were more prepared I would say let the bill never pass and let us go thru the reset! But, I know my family still has some prepping to do and they (the govt) are not ready for that kind of thing to happen! So they will keep printing money and eventually the bill will pass!

I just hope that those who got laid off will get their jobs back or move on and find something better! From my view moving on would be optimal! I am sure it has been a wake up call for those with govt jobs to see that their jobs are not permanent and that they should be looking for other income!

ok off soap box again! lol thanks for listening Cool kids!
  • 1968samuel
    1968samuel Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Wow!! Fitting into old (very) jeans! Lifting! Completion of Zombie 5k app!

And...Chinese food!!

Great job everyone! I swam this morning and will be doing a short elliptical session followed by weights later.

Our snow is gone (it melted right away) so my husband and I are hoping for bike ride tomorrow.

Have a great Monday everyone!
  • WhataBroad
    WhataBroad Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    Monday morning again?!
    Well if it's gotta be Monday, let's make the best of it!

padams - woohooo for old 501's!! that's so awesome

dame - yay for you =) jeggings are so comfy

princess - how frustrating that must have been! definitely makes no sense to have a ranger there to turn people away. Enjoy your week too!

Did some HIIT on Saturday morning followed by a 4.5 mile run... was intending it to be longer but was cut short by a torrential downpour. Then, I had a slight runaway night... slight because I was still officially under my calories (thanks to breaking my fast at 1 pm) but ended up falling victim to the hubz's 11 pm pizza craving. My little guy (****zu) and I took to the hills yesterday and got a fantastic 5 mile walk in... my glutes are sore today!! lol

No lifting but a run after work today is all I have planned for the day.

Have an awesome Monday kids!!
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    princessofred, thanks!! Yes, it has been a very tensed week and it is not over...my husband is going back to work tomorrow but there is no word if and when they are getting paid. We will see what happens...Beeps to answer your comment about my money vs his money. We have a joint acct and my money is his money and viceversa. I do respect his concern that for now we need to cut back on unnecessary spending until everything goes back to normal, whatever that is... I can do yoga at home, it is not the same, but it is still a good yoga session plus I not only save on the walk in fee but time driving there and gas...

Teaching Zumba tonight and have a butt workout to do for the challenge I am in this month...

Have a great day!!! :flowerforyou:
  • KellySue67
    KellySue67 Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday Cool Kids! Sadly, my vacation is over and I am back at work. Had fun spending time with my grandson- little cutie that he is! I did not exercise as much as I had initially planned and probably ate more than I should as I found myself to be up a couple of pounds on Friday. TOM also played a part, so hopefully it's just temporary.

I was back at the gym this morning. Had a good lifting session and then did some uphill walking on the treadmill. 5K is coming up in a little over a week and a half. How time flies!! It felt good to be back on track though!

Welcome to all of the new people! It's great to see so many new faces on here!
  • DamePiglet
    Options
    Kelly... if that's your grandbaby, he is one cute tyke!!! :-)

BOO work! YAY weekend! One more day would have been perfect!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Sounds like you had a good holiday, KellySue.

alf - well, that's where you went wrong...somehow you/he agreed that fitness pursuits are "unnecessary spending" - to which I TOTALLY DON'T AGREE! Alas, it isn't my life - it is yours. So, good luck while it all gets sorted out!

My lifting session was GOOD. I have a nice supper out tonight - so am saving my calories for THAT!
  • WhataBroad
    Options
    glad it was such a great time KellySue!

alf - hope everything gets sorted out for your husband... that stuff can definitely be stressful. My guy is in construction and where we are, that means he works about 8 months out of the year. We have had to tighten our spending a time or two so I can understand. We have a joint account for daily living/household stuff but we also have our own, it just works for us this way; no explaining what was spent where or if one is investing more than the other.

Enjoy your dinner Beeps!

I have been stuck in this chair for the better part of the day and I am really looking forward to a run!
  • padams2359
    padams2359 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    That lobster truffle mac-and-cheese was TO DIE FOR!

True I should have eaten 1/2 and saved 1/2 for today's dinner. Alas, I did not...it was super-duper-yummy!

I'll be LUCKY if I get away with a "maintenance" week this week....I've been in restaurants Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday and I have one more restaurant visit on Wednesday. Sheesh.
  • DamePiglet
    Options
    ugh! Restaurant eating... the bane of my existence! Why must it all be so yummy... and LARGE?!?
  • WhataBroad
    Options
    yup! that is alot of sodium and fats! lol

I had a gloriously wet walk last night... was raining way to hard to enjoy a run in it plus, my rainboots don't have the proper arch support =)

Lifting this morning and some HIIT after work =)