40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• bexdc
    bexdc Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Just got in from a 4 mile run at lunch. Splits were 8:42, 9:14, 9:44, 9:56. Had a pretty good week. Got 4 outdoor runs in, but only made it to the gym for some weights once. Did a bunch of push ups and pull ups at home and had to ride the stationary bike once at home to get my workout in one day. Ate pretty good, but still settling in at the new calorie limit since I changed my settings from 1.5 to 1 lb a week. I still have 15 lb to go on my original goal, but I'm fine with that going slow as long as I can keep up with the exercising.

Good job, but on your runs, you should aim for negative splits. As my old running coach used to say, "Start slow, finish fast!" I tell that now to my runners.
  • mightymom2
    mightymom2 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    41 here...may I join?
  • bexdc
    bexdc Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    OK, my workouts so far this week

Monday: rest
    Tuesday: 5-mile run + upper-body weights
    Wednesday: 6.2 mile run
    Thursday: 1-hr bootcamp (sprints, pushups, squats, lunges, kettlebell, etc.)
    Friday: 4.5 mile easy run

This weekend:

Saturday: 45 minutes on stationery bike @ moderate intensity, upper-body weights
    Sunday: 11-mile long run
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    42, about 5 pounds from goal weight, but if I don't get there I'm still well within a healthy weight for my height. Now focusing more on lowering my body fat and making my muscle look good :bigsmile: Also training for two more half marathons--May and October and hoping to PR in the Bolder Boulder in May. Nice to meet you all!
  • Fit4Kateri
    Fit4Kateri Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Friday Check in:

I got in my bootcamp on M/W/F and did C25k on Tuesday. I took Thursday off as we had a wake to attend. Eating hasn't been as great this week. Last night we had an awesome Italian dish at this hole in the wall place. Man did the owner love adding cheese to everything! I did a bit better today to offset all the fat from yesterday. My weekend plans are to C25k and weight train tomorrow and Sunday. If our weather stays this beautiful (mid 70's today) I may have a hard time convincing myself to go to the gym. My daughter and I are running a 5k next month and are considering the Dallas Rock and Roll half in March so I really don't need to slack off now.

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    Oops I forgot to post my workouts for the week:
    Monday: rest (done)
    Tuesday: pace/tempo run (done)
    Wednesday: speedwork with running group (done)
    Thursday: bootcamp fit test (done)
    Friday: either rest or elliptical (done)
    Saturday: running group easy walk/run intervals (I'm pacing 2 new runners, yay!)
    Sunday: long training run 5.5 miles
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Hello!!!! Late check in. Got on scale .8 more but no big deal. I pretty much met my goals for this past week. Plans for this coming week? Do all my workouts, monitor and log in my foods on the weekend (I usually dont so I tend to overeat), no alcohol, eat clean!!!

Beeps, hi!!!! Good to have you here too!!!

Cara, you are just going to have to commit with a time and stick with that. Can you leave the longer workouts for the weekend? And then squeeze some cardio in the evenings. How did you get in the best shape of your life with that busy schedule? I guess something worked out for you so keep on trucking. :drinker: :drinker:

Have a wonderful weekend!!! :flowerforyou:
  • dadoffo
    dadoffo Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    New here. 46 just started a second round of P90X. I've been on my current weight for a while. I'll probably stay on this weight.

Wed. P90X Core Synergistic
    Thur. P90X Cardio X

Fri. Tonight will do Arms, Shoulder and Ab ripper
  • RenCara
    RenCara Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the input.
    Yes, it just has to be done. Weekends are the time when I can really give it my all and during the week I am squeezing in a run or workout between pick ups and basketball games and rowing (my girls activities). I was abe to get into the shape I am in becuase there are times throughout the year when I have more time available to workout (summers). And then there are the other times when how much I can workout depends on the needs of my family. It's all a balancing act and I am doing fine with it. I just thought other people in a similar situation may have different ideas or suggestions.
    Thanks again.
  • sherryburnisky
    Options
    would like to join the club I am 29 for the 29th time. Would like to be at 118 by this time next year. I am 5'1 small frame and weigh weigh 157, All my lbs go to upper body. Been walking weight training. My food is now under control.
  • prairiewoman
    prairiewoman Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 49 and this is my first week with MFP. It's fabulous!!! I've tracked calories in the past with success, and I enjoy working online so this is the best of all worlds! I love how easy it is to track calories and exercise.

I've been reading some posts, but this is my first time joining a conversation. How exciting! This feels like a great group for me as I'll be 50 in April.

I had a great week with both food and exercise. It has been pretty easy to stay below net calories of 1200 a day. And, to meet my goal of 35 minutes of cardio a day. My next goal is to increase the cardio, and to add more weight lifting (I've been using light weights-- 5 and 8 lb-- with some of my cardio workouts).

I have ranged in size from a 6 (many years ago) to a 20 (a couple of years ago after writing my dissertation). I'm currently very interested in how society responds to people given their size. As one who has been many different sizes, I have experienced attraction based solely on my appearance, to rejection for the same reasons. I understand this behavior, and yet, I feel like there's work to be done in exposing this deep-seated, unconscious prejudice. I'd love to know of other's experiences, if anyone is interested who has had a similiar experience and is interested in sharing.
  • Fat_Chopper
    Fat_Chopper Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    47. I'm in... 100+ pounds down. I come back every so often to tune up my diet and see where sodium and calories have found leaks.
  • CrystalBonner
    CrystalBonner Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    48 soon to be 49 here. I am enjoying the fact that I am making changes in my life for the better and so appreciate the support that I have been getting.
  • LisaCFSF
    LisaCFSF Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    45 and would love to be a part of this group! More to come...
  • hewhoiscd
    hewhoiscd Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    Rest Day: No cardio. Did my pushups though.

Party this evening, my Band's annual "Band Appreciation Party". Some good BBQ chicken! I kept myself to modest portions :D Been a busy day!

Tomorrow will be busy as well. Taking the girlfriend to a gun show nearby to shop for a .22 for her, should be fun :)

So, a collective "Good Work!" & "Keep it up!" to one and all!
  • caroldot
    caroldot Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Hey Everyone! I posted on the first thread a few days ago. I'm new to the MFP website although been using the app on my phone on & off for a while. Just so happens that my 40th birthday coincides with the new year (just turned 40 couple weeks ago), recently single and want to focus on me for a while and get ready to enjoy a great spring/summer. My weight loss goal is to lose 12lbs but 15 would be wonderful!! And if I make it to that, maybe I'll keep going although I'd be pretty happy with that. I've logged in for 6 days straight now, tracked my food & calories, read & replied on many topics and so far really enjoying this site. I think it will help keep me motivated and provide the support I need to be a success.

I AM 40 & FABULOUS AND LOOKING FORWARD TO THIS NEXT CHAPTER OF MY LIFE!!!!!!!!!!
  • caroldot
    caroldot Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Ooops! REading posts guess I was supposed to log my workouts for the week:

Tuesday - 1 hour boot camp
    Wednesday - 1 hour spin class
    Thursday - 45 minute brisk walk
    Friday - 60 minutes low pace walk
    Saturday - will make it to gym for some weights & elliptical time!
  • jrrflr
    jrrflr Posts: 109
    Options
    I guess I qualify for the 40+ Club. Too old to get carded but too young to join AARP......
  • inuit
    inuit Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I would like to join, I am 43 female from the UK. Started my serious weight loss in October 2011 at 240lbs and as off this morning i am 212lbs. Lost 28 inches from the 6 points i measure.

Goal is to be around 155lbs or a nice size UK12.

Want to start horse riding again and in general look and feel better. This is the first time my head has really been in the right place for over 10 years to actually suceed.

Currently aim for around 1200 - 1500 calories a day. Eat some of my exercise calories back, depends how i feel.

Swim every week day for 30 - 60 minutes. On top of this every morning i do a 10 min workout of pushups (cannot quite do a proper one yet, but getting there) sit ups etc to try and build up a bit of strength. Depending on how long i swim and what i feel like, i will talk the dog for a quick jog, do a few free weight exercises or WII dance 3. It sounds a lot but i only do what i feel comfortable with. Try and have the weekends off apart from walking the dog and my 10 min routine.
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    47. I'm in... 100+ pounds down. I come back every so often to tune up my diet and see where sodium and calories have found leaks.

WOW!!!! CONGRATS ON THE WEIGHT LOSS!!!! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: