Replies

• seanmohr752
    seanmohr752 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm in too! :)
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Ciacyrus, welcome! You are so busy but still managing to take care of yourself. Hang in there, things will fall into place. Keep it up!!!!!

KS, do they have providers who would work with your hubby at home? That is crazy!!!

Good night cool kids!!!!?
  • Icandoit66
    Icandoit66 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Count me in!
  • Curiousgeorgianna
    Curiousgeorgianna Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    This is for you Caramel. My adventure this morning was finding a wounded Aleutian goose on my ride in. I named it Duck Duck, tucked it in my jacket, and texted B to meet me at the office. See the little goose face sticking out of the jacket? It was pretty fun peddling down the highway with this little friend along for the ride. It's now a resident at the Wildlife Rescue Center. Not sure what will happen to it next... it had a broken leg. I wonder if it will heal in time for the rest of its northern migration. And if not, what will happen?

135o0m5i0w9q.jpg
  • ruby70
    ruby70 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Ciacyrus, one day at time! Something I have realized is there is almost something to celebrate or throw us off daily. You have the choice and can be in control. You can change & I believe you can do it. I have been setting goals each day & they are 1 day goals I try to achieve. It has really been helping me to break it down small. There is a thread "just for today" if you want to join in.
  • ruby70
    ruby70 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    CG - thank you for the picture. You look awesome and what a great story with the little duck. Your scenery looks beautiful & brought a smile to my face. We are very cold here, supposed to down to - 12 F tonight.

KS- my heart goes out to you, I hope they can find a closer rehab for your DH.

Alf - love your new pic, you are radiant:)

Larro- I hope your shoulder feels better soon, great job picking up extra cardio!!!!
  • alf1163
    Options
    Curious, wow, it let you pick it up? I can imagine your beautiful rides.

Ruby, I love your new approach. It is much easier when we set daily mini goals.

Thank you for the compliments. That was taken last October when we celebrated my daughter's 30th birthday? Plans for today, go to the gym before work, I've packed my lunch and snacks. I have to take it easy because my lower back is a little sore.

Have an awesome day!!!
  • alf1163
    Options
  • KellySue67
    KellySue67 Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    jgvijbzo7ptq.jpeg
    Happy Friday all. It is going to be another interesting day here. We still have no water at work and I don't see anyone working on the problem just yet either. Hmmm!
    My husband is headed to the 80 mile away rehab this afternoon. There was nothing available closer. Really stinks! I also won't be able to get down there until next weekend. I was going to go see him Sunday afternoon when he was closer, but it just won't work the same to go that distance. I have a million things to do tomorrow that I can't change. Hoping for good cell service!
    Alf- Home based PT/OT may be an option if we can't get our financial situation figured out because it would be cheaper to do that, but he needs to regain a little bit of strength first. He can't walk or even get himself in/out of bed or to the bathroom at this point, and I am not going to be able to be home with him all of the time, nor can I physically lift/support him. He's a big guy- he's about 380lbs- he has lost about 80lbs and was working out 3-5 days per week before getting sick, but still too much for me to really be able to assist.

Had to be in to work early today due to situations here, so no gym time. Possibly tomorrow if I can get my butt out of bed early enough. God knows I need it for my mental health alone!

Have a good one all.
  • caramelgyrlk
    caramelgyrlk Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday kids...

CG, you have no idea how big my smile is when I saw your picture. I believe animals know when they are in the hands of good humans, even when adversity strikes. Thank you for making my Friday. The picture is priceless. I hope the little guy heals and can go on his migration.

KellySue--With all you are going through, you are ENTITLED to feel blue. Most people would have quit a long time ago, yet you keep fighting. Here is a big hug for you. I encourage you to keep fighting and get the support you need from family. You know we are here for you.

Beeps--Sounds like you had a great time at the gathering. I hoped you were able to network and reflect back on it for many years to come. Did you lift today? I admire your dedication to lifting.

Alf--Your new pic is stunning.

Larro--Sorry about your shoulder....Please do what you need to do so you can feel better.

Ruby--Congrats on the weight loss.

My trainer kicked my butt last night. My quads, triceps/biceps are SORE!!!!!

If I forgot anyone, please forgive me. Have a great weekend everyone.
  • larrodarro
    larrodarro Posts: 2,512 Member
    Options
    Hello all.

I was lazy today and didn't do any kind of workout. Other than turning pages in my book. And we had the Black History Banquet at work, so so much for a light supper.

Here are the numbers for the week:

20.9% Body Fat
    23.9 BMI
    170.9 Pounds

I've changed my goals to gaining a half pound a week, but most days I'm still not meeting the calorie goals. I made up a little of that tonight.

KS, that stinks that your hubby is going to be so far away. Hope something shakes loose closer to home.

Curious, love the goose picture. It's a good thing you found him and not some redneck, or his goose would have been cooked.

I hope everyone has a good weekend,

Larro

• StacyMMo
    StacyMMo Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Include me! I am 42 and have lost 14 lbs so far and have about another 40 left. Need lots of support so please feel free to send friend requests. Cheers everyone!!
  • 3furballs
    3furballs Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    So I hit up kettlebell and Kickboxing this morning. My knee still feels stiff and sore from Wednesday when I hurt it at kettlebell. I should not have done all the lunges and squats at Thursday class but I think taking last night off had helped.

We're suppose to finally be getting our of the deep freeze starting next week. They've lifted the cold weather alert. Apparently it was the coldest February since they started keeping records.
  • alf1163
    Options
    3furball, what kettlebells do you recommend? What weight do you recommend for most exercises?

I finished a Feb challenge today. I was doing 30 day shred as an extra push. This month I lost 9 inches all over and 4.8 pounds. I'm really happy with the results. In addition to that I have doing a 90 day weight training workout from Oxygen magazine, March is the last month. I have also tried my best to eat better consistently.

Have a great weekend!!!!!!
  • 3furballs
    3furballs Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Alf1163 that's great! We use competition bells so the pink is the lightest at 8 kilo, that is a good weight to start with until you feel comfortable with the exercises then you can up them. You can go pretty heavy on swings if they're sort sets and depending on your shoulders go up to the 13kilo bell next.
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,930 Member
    Options
    That's FANtastic, Alf!
  • MomFLYer
    MomFLYer Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    1234usmc wrote: »
    I am 47 and need to lose 20-40 lbs. Depending if you ask me or my doctor:) They tell me I am a diabetic now and I just can't have that so I have got to get the weight off and put it off as long as I can. Dr said with family history, it's not if, it's when. 5'9" 209lbs. Problem is......I love to eat. arg!!!!!

USMC, I'm in about that same boat. Parents are type 2, brother is type 1, and I was gestational diabetic ... my Doc also said it's WHEN not IF I get it.... start cutting added sugar and that should help. It's really hard, but you can do it!

• alishaspringle
    alishaspringle Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    KSue - I hope you live in an area where 80 miles means 80 minutes. Here in the eastern traffic zone, 10 miles routinely takes 40 minutes. Be safe on your travels.

FEves - thanks for sharing your struggles. I understand them, and you've reinforced my decision to go ahead with my surgery at the end of this semester. I don't want to fight this battle for another 8+ years. Be emotionally gentle with yourself - no guilt for only doing what you can physically handle!

Alf - way to go!

Thanks to all for your good wishes. Keep 'Em coming - my daughter is still hospitalized but the word is she may come home Monday evening.

• nickpnh
    nickpnh Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I'm back! Missed 143 posts so it will take a while to catch up. Was on vacation in Palm Beach FL (so nice after the New England deep freeze). My father was in for a biopsy on a massive tumor when we arrived. So far, it is coming back precancerous but he'd fragile so no slam dunk. Hoping my kids don't have to bury another grandfather this year.
    Accepted a new job when I returned so will be starting that in 2 weeks - principal controls engineer at a startup. Hoping I can get back to a workout routine with the chaos settling. The snow has melted back maybe a foot but 4-6 inches expected tonight...
    KS - hugs. Insurance headaches suck!
    Hi all!
  • JackieUnlimited
    JackieUnlimited Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Went for a 2 1/2 hour hike today with a friend who is a dog trainer & several others with their dogs. Lots of challenges walking in fresh snow, several big hills and I do mean BIG which made me face my fear of heights! Still feeling the burn in my legs... Burned over 1200 calories on that and did well over 10,000 steps with the hike alone. Going to sleep good tonight, which is key in weight loss along with everything else.