40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• larrodarro
    larrodarro Posts: 2,512 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Good Afternoon Cool Kids.

All my cardio today {except 2 minutes of squats} was planting trees down by the graveyard. It will make mowing a bit of a challenge, but my cousin has cleared off a spot to build on her land, and I wanted some kind of barrier. {She is not my favorite person in the world, and I really wouldn't mind of she stayed in Rome Georgia} It was 75F, and my winter beard didn't last the day. When it starts to drip sweat, I shave.

Welcome to all the new folks, and hello to everyone else.

Larro

332ujqawytse.jpg
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    3furballs wrote: »
    KellySue67 I hope everything goes well for your husband at the new place, hoping something closer comes up soon too.

I dragged my butt out of bed at 5:30 this morning, man I did not want to. But I did it, got to kettlebell and feel better for it (other than the knee still bugging me) and finally some downward movement on the scales! Down 3lbs from last Sunday.

Wow! How did you manage to drop 3lbs in one week?!?! If I drop 1 is a lot to me!!!! :\

• alf1163
    Options
    I turn 40 at the end of May...... do I count as a 40yo yet? I kinda hope I do cause I'm looking forward to being 40...... I always said whatever I was doing by the time I was that age was what I was going to be doing for good.

I'm about to start a Dip in Business, I work in a bakery (and love it) and I'm fitter & healthier and HAPPIER than I've ever been.

My son just moved out of home though :'( so I guess that's a downer, but I don't have much confidence in his ability to budget or even pay rent & bills so I know he'll move back home soon...... sad outlook know but he may be 21 but his mind is only 15. He's just not ready.

But please let me join.....I'll wait if I have to.

Of course you can join now!!!!!! We need a young mind here! LOL HAHA :D MMM a bakery!!! My weakness...
  • StacyMMo
    StacyMMo Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I usually just skim posts and don't participate but I want to change that because support is good, right?? I had a good week last week and lost exactly 2 lbs. I have been doing t25 and feel better than I have in so many years due to a host of serious health issue. Just waiting for my body to physically look like my mind thinks it does
  • alf1163
    Options
    Lots of activity in just one day!!!! Hard to keep up!!! Great to hear from a lot of you. I see a lot are feeling energized with the beginning of March. I love this time of the year. I might have gained the pounds I lost last week. Haven't made a lot of good choices but back on it tomorrow!!! Hubby and I are going on another cruise at the end of the month. :D

Take care cool kids!!!!!! <3
  • alf1163
    Options
  • 1234usmc
    1234usmc Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Hey there 40+ ers, hope everyone is having a good night. Why is it so hard to eat good???????
  • StephannieL
    StephannieL Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Because all the bad stuff tastes sooooooo good! LOL
  • 3furballs
    3furballs Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Alf1163 I Think part of the extra weight I've put on in December/January was hormonal, being pre menopausal has totally messed things up. I've got my calories set to 1700 and I'm not entering or eating back calories for exercise. Course I Was 148, then 146.2, then 149 then 148 so I am to go down then up. Here's going just the downward tend continues!
  • cherylann11
    cherylann11 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    This isnt diet or exercise related but i need to know what anti aging products you ladies use, i need to start adding in to my routine, but dont know where to start!
  • EricNewark
    EricNewark Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Hello I'm Eric and I'm 45. Starting weight 238 and down to 217 after about 8 months however first 5 months I didn't pay attention to any tracking or monitoring. Gotten more serious in last few months. I'd say my ideal weight is probably in the mid 170 range. I'm leaving my real goal weight flexible since if I put on muscle mass then what my perception of ideal weight is will obviously change the closer I get.

iT guy, sit and drive and then sit and drive for work all week. Not as active as I want to be but trying to change that (weather in Ohio isnt helping at the moment!).

Proud papa of 4 great kids. Loving wife (working on her to be more active as well).
  • allenpriest
    allenpriest Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    53. I started working on this as a 2014 New Year's resolution. After 14 months I dropped close to 90 lbs. Started at 415. Even at 6'4" that is s whole bunch. My ultimate goal is 215. It took me 20+ years to gain all that so I figure it is a three year project to lose it. 65 lbs in the first 12 months and almost 25 in the last 2 months.
  • Kate7294
    Kate7294 Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    Morning Kid's !
    Still maintaining at 5 lbs. below my initial goal even after eating over my calories ( like last night ). I guess I'm burning more through the day than I thought or eating less ( since I never replaced my food scales that broke way back when ).So can't complain about that. :)

Larro - 75 degrees. I'm so envious ! They are saying we may get hit again with another snow/storm here. Ugh. I'm done with all this snow.

I managed to catch myself yesterday after slipping on ice. Only bumping my hip against the door frame of the car while my arms flailed around trying to catch the top of the door. Pure blind luck.

Kelly Sue - 3 lbs. lost is awesome ! Your doing great.

Cherylann- You look great. The only products I've found so far that I'm not sensitive too are the Avon Anew. I'm getting ready to order some myself. I'm not a rep but did sell some briefly. A client/friend ordered some and loved it. So I tried it based on her recommendation.

Anyway I'll check back later.

Hello and welcome Newbies.

• StephannieL
    StephannieL Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Morning everyone!!!!
    Actually got up this morning and did a KettleWorx workout and my MuTu workout. Hoping to be able to get into my friend's bootcamp class this evening after work. Yes, I am a glutton for punishment. LOL
  • GatesOfDelirium
    Options
    Is there an upper limit? I am 53 so please let me in, I will try and behave myself.!
  • cherylann11
    Options
    T
    Kate7294 wrote: »
    Morning Kid's !
    Still maintaining at 5 lbs. below my initial goal even after eating over my calories ( like last night ). I guess I'm burning more through the day than I thought or eating less ( since I never replaced my food scales that broke way back when ).So can't complain about that. :)

Larro - 75 degrees. I'm so envious ! They are saying we may get hit again with another snow/storm here. Ugh. I'm done with all this snow.

I managed to catch myself yesterday after slipping on ice. Only bumping my hip against the door frame of the car while my arms flailed around trying to catch the top of the door. Pure blind luck.

Kelly Sue - 3 lbs. lost is awesome ! Your doing great.

Cherylann- You look great. The only products I've found so far that I'm not sensitive too are the Avon Anew. I'm getting ready to order some myself. I'm not a rep but did sell some briefly. A client/friend ordered some and loved it. So I tried it based on her recommendation.

Anyway I'll check back later.

Hello and welcome Newbies.

Thanks kate
  • cherylann11
    Options
    Is there an upper limit? I am 53 so please let me in, I will try and behave myself.!

Welcome
  • JoshMaz
    JoshMaz Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm kinda new here, or at least new to the forums. Looking for motivation to keep me away from the rich food and drinks I enjoy so much and trying to focus more on the fitness. I hike, cycle, paddle, swim... much more an outdoors guy than a gym rat. Sure, I have my bike on a trainer indoors and some free weights strewn about the floor, but hopefully after the thaw I'll again feel like riding outdoors for hours on end. Looking forward to meeting you all on the boards!
  • 3furballs
    3furballs Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    There is almost a hint of the possibility that spring might show up some day. I'm already thinking of ways I can duck out of work early occassionally to take the kids hiking!
  • larrodarro
    larrodarro Posts: 2,512 Member
    Options
    This isnt diet or exercise related but i need to know what anti aging products you ladies use, i need to start adding in to my routine, but dont know where to start!

I'm no lady {or gentlemen either}, but the big three in skin care are stay out of the sun, drink tons of water and get plenty of sleep. And of course don't smoke or drink alcohol to excess. My old hide is paying the piper for all the tunes I danced to in my youth.