Replies

• 60to35
    60to35 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Oops- make that glutes
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    "22 Minute Hard Corps Cold Start, Cardio 3 & Core 2"=Done!
  • abbyweaver1975
    abbyweaver1975 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Well, I can't say I have done well over the past few days but today is a new day and we are going to try again. I did walk 3 miles yesterday so at least there is that. I have found that food is my enemy and I am an addict. If I could that my eating under control I would be AWESOME! Any suggestions?????
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    Chest & Tris=Done!!
  • 60to35
    Options
    Back and biceps and a 30 min TM run.
    Actually got to go to a real gym today and use the machines which was a nice change from free weights in my basement. If I won the lottery I would build a complete home gym- a girl can only dream
  • allenpriest
    allenpriest Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    Been feeling a little under the weather. But plugging along
  • alishaspringle
    alishaspringle Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Hello, again, Cool Kids. It's been months since I checked in - a combination of adding a part time teaching load to my full time teaching load, and beginning my doctoral program have done a real number on my weight. Fortunately, I've managed to keep up with yoga fairly regularly, so I an still bend and balance, but my weight is way up. Hello, my name is Alisha, and I like food. So today is Day 1 of this new start.

Beeps, I missed your Booms, and didn't even realize it! Wishing you the best of medical care.
  • rahmat_hidayat
    rahmat_hidayat Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Hi, Im 30+15 yrs old. My goal is 15 kgs loss. I like fruits, vegetables, and lamb satay. My favorite exercises are swimming all styles especially butterfly, taichi, yoga, jogging, and biking. Pls help and encourage me to meet my goal. Thanks.
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    no cardio today!!

yjfyn9vdo8v7.jpg

...but it's leg day!

qzeedhgru4lq.gif

LEGS=Done!!
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    @Beeps2011, thinking of you!!! Stay positive!!

Yes, MIA again!!!! Vacations throw me off big time!!!! My strategy of IF in the cruise didn't work so well this time. I gained a few pounds and then I continued eating poorly when I got back. So now I'm struggling to lose those extra pounds. Ugh!!! I always do this to myself!!! I was just 2 lbs from goal before my cruise. Many other things have changed for me. I started a new job, full time, and with lot more responsibilities. It's been quite an adjustment after working part time for about 13 years.

Take care everyone!!!!
  • jarablue
    jarablue Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Did 8+ miles walking yesterday. I think during my lunch hour from now on I'll do 4 miles then when I get home I'll do 4 miles. When you guys are walking, does anyone else's hip bones hurt? Turned 41 this March and I can feel soreness now in me old joints. I would love to get it up to 12 miles a day but I think that is a bit overkill and my legs would give out sooner or later.

Anyhow, stay healthy everyone :smiley:
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Body Pump yesterday after a two year break. :# It's true that what you do isn't translatable to something else. lol
  • williammuney
    williammuney Posts: 2,895 Member
    Options
    jarablue wrote: »
    Did 8+ miles walking yesterday. I think during my lunch hour from now on I'll do 4 miles then when I get home I'll do 4 miles. When you guys are walking, does anyone else's hip bones hurt? Turned 41 this March and I can feel soreness now in me old joints. I would love to get it up to 12 miles a day but I think that is a bit overkill and my legs would give out sooner or later.

Nice job and yes everything hurts!
  • b3achy
    b3achy Posts: 2,015 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    ~~waves to all the wonderful folks here~~

I'm 51, and an amateur Stand Up Paddleboarding racer. You'd think I'd be fit, but I'm trying to lose about 25-40 pounds since I'm considered overweight by about 7 pounds per BMI (and boy do I feel it since I grew up being on the low end of the average range for BMI). Also the two primary ladies I compete against in FL are both about 40-50 pounds lighter than me, and I could use the weight loss to gain some speed and move up into another category next year. Decided to start tracking macros and found this app/site. Already feel like I'm getting on track with my calorie intake which was too low for weight loss.

Here's my health goals for May:
    1. Work out goals:
    • 4 Stand Up Paddleboard (SUP) races this month (3 down, one to go - though I finished last in my age/gender/board category, I've been 2d twice and third once. Two of the races I had time improvements over last year, and the other race (new this year) I had my best time ever for a 3 mile race!)
    • Cardio 4 times / week (from this week forward, didn't do so well earlier this month).
    • Strength training 1-2 days / wk (full routine using bands).
    • Kettlebell targeted exercises for SUP improvement 2-3 days / week (squat, swing, arm row, dead lift).
    • Joined the 30 day plank challenge thread, so adding that to my daily workout goals.
    2. Eat healthier and figure out where I need to fix my macros.
    3. Drink 8-10 glasses of water a day.
    4. Get 7-9 hours of sleep a night.

This seems more like my kind of fitness tracking thread (had joined another, but all the folks seemed to be more focused on talking about various aspects of their lives rather than fitness). Grateful to have a place to talk about fitness/health goals and provide encouragement to each other.
  • daliad30
    daliad30 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Yes....! I want to be in this club
  • woodlandsgopher
    woodlandsgopher Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Happy to have found this group. I'll be 41 in July. I've been on a healthier lifestyle quest for several years now. It's taken me that long to lose about 25 pounds. I'm now at my goal weight, but my body fat % isn't where I'd like it to be; still too much jiggly around the waist.

My problem is a common one...discipline, or lack there of. My eating habits go from clean to dirty, and my fitness goes from good to bad. 2016 has been a better year as I'm holding myself accountable and being more disciplined in both my eating and fitness. My goal this year is to get my BF% down to 12 and see what that looks like on me. Right now I'm a little under 18%.

I'm 5'11", and currently weigh 180lbs. My daily nutrition goals are 1800 calories, 180 carb, 40 fat, 180 protein. Since I'm eating a lot cleaner it's hard to hit that carb and calorie goal as I'm often under those numbers at the end of the day. I always get at least 30 mins of cardio in a day, whether it's a 5k run, or a walk with the dogs, sometimes both. I also do a quick 20-min workout consisting of some combination of the following; burpees, thrusters, squats, cleans, lunges, situps.

I'd be interested to hear from anyone that has been able to get their BF lower, and how they did it. Should I change anything? I know it's a marathon, not a sprint, and I should just be patient.

Thanks everyone! You all inspire me to be a better version of myself, and I hope I can do the same for others.

Take care!!
  • RespectTheKitty
    RespectTheKitty Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I did c25k week 7 day 2. I can now run for 30 minutes without stopping, which makes me feel pretty darn good, considering four months ago I couldn't even walk without back pain.
  • woodlandsgopher
    Options
    jarablue wrote: »

Nice job! I haven't experienced hip pain, but I do have pain in my left knee before and after a run. I don't feel it while running, but it tightens up pretty good and then I hobble for a while.

Had a friend that recently solved his calf pain issues by simply wearing a better pair of shoes. Have you tried getting custom fitted for shoes? It may be expensive, but if it helps with the pain, it's gotta be worth it.
  • woodlandsgopher
    Options
    Well, I can't say I have done well over the past few days but today is a new day and we are going to try again. I did walk 3 miles yesterday so at least there is that. I have found that food is my enemy and I am an addict. If I could that my eating under control I would be AWESOME! Any suggestions?????

Getting my eating under control has been the biggest struggle. What's been working for me is a change in my mentality about myself, and how I think about food. I've begun to think of myself as an athlete, not a sports specific athlete, or a professional anything, but just a life athlete. Once I started to see myself through that lens, I started to look at food as "Does this food help me or hurt me?" If it hurts me, I either don't eat it or I eat very little of it. I mean, let's get real; I enjoy beer and junk food, but I've cut it WAY back because it's not doing ANYTHING good for me. When I get the urge to sleep in, or sit on the couch and eat a bowl of chips and queso, I think "Would an athlete do that?" It all comes down to discipline and holding myself accountable to being a life athlete.

I don't know if any of that will work for you, but that's what has helped me get on a better track.
  • 60to35
    Options
    Chest and triceps