40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• larrodarro
    larrodarro Posts: 2,512 Member
    Options
    ruby70 wrote: »

Larro- please don't stop posting those Florida pics, we need a variety. That what makes it fun around here. Just don't post us one of you doing squats in your boxers LOL.

No pictures of squats, you can be sure of that. Since I do them in the shower while I'm waiting on the water to get hot, there are no boxers involved. {sorry for that mental picture}

Margie came in a little early today, so we did get a short walk in. I never got back out to trim trees though.

For those who don't look at WFS???? here it is: {an omelette with 4 cheese Mexican and Peach Pineapple Chipotle Salsa}

cp80tfja082e.jpg
  • StephannieL
    StephannieL Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Larro- that looks yummy!!!!!
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    OMG Larro, I want that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Squats in the shower? OK...LOL
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    This isnt diet or exercise related but i need to know what anti aging products you ladies use, i need to start adding in to my routine, but dont know where to start!

Cherylann, I agree with Larro's suggestions I do most of those, well, I don't get that much sleep but enough for me. As far as a beauty regimen, I swear by Paula's Choice products. Check them out online!!! The owner is Paula Begoun, better known as The Cosmetics Cop. She wrote a book many years ago talking about the beauty industry and the false claims, etc. She has a team of researchers and scientists who test most of the products out there including makeup. She tells it like it is. She also suggests products, lots of them, store brand or high end, if you don't want to buy her products. Hers are not that expensive, their customer service is superb!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The website where you can look up products and read great reviews and recommendations is Beautypedia.com But as far as a good regimen regardless the products, morning: cleanser, toner, exfoliant and a moisturizer with SPF Night: cleanser, toner, exfoliant, serum and a moisturizer. That is my regimen for years now. My mother started me early on with taking care of my skin. She was a Lancôme fanatic. They have some good products but not all are good and it is quite expensive. My mother passed away but she looked younger than her age. Her skin was very beautiful, hardly any wrinkles at 75 and she lived in Puerto Rico. I have used lots of different products since my 20's but now I used mostly Paula's skin care line. Makeup, I use lot of different products depending on what I need and the cheaper ones, after following Paula's recommendations on Beautypedia. Check it out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• ruby70
    ruby70 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    alf1163 wrote: »
    OMG Larro, I want that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Squats in the shower? OK...LOL

Yeah, it is kinda of an inside joke, Larro shared with us a while back about his daily squats before shower to make the most of his time. He is quite cleaver, I love a man who can multi task :)
  • ruby70
    ruby70 Posts: 459 Member
    Options

Focus on progress rather than perfection and on how far you’ve come rather than on how far you have left to go.......
  • jbradford69
    Options
    CalJur wrote: »
    45 feeling and looking like 30. Looking forward to meeting folks on this thread. My goals are detailed on my profile. Feel free to add me and let's do the damn thang in 2012.
    CalJur wrote: »
    45 feeling and looking like 30. Looking forward to meeting folks on this thread. My goals are detailed on my profile. Feel free to add me and let's do the damn thang in 2012.

Is this group still active
  • cherylann11
    cherylann11 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    alf1163 wrote: »
    This isnt diet or exercise related but i need to know what anti aging products you ladies use, i need to start adding in to my routine, but dont know where to start!

Cherylann, I agree with Larro's suggestions I do most of those, well, I don't get that much sleep but enough for me. As far as a beauty regimen, I swear by Paula's Choice products. Check them out online!!! The owner is Paula Begoun, better known as The Cosmetics Cop. She wrote a book many years ago talking about the beauty industry and the false claims, etc. She has a team of researchers and scientists who test most of the products out there including makeup. She tells it like it is. She also suggests products, lots of them, store brand or high end, if you don't want to buy her products. Hers are not that expensive, their customer service is superb!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The website where you can look up products and read great reviews and recommendations is Beautypedia.com But as far as a good regimen regardless the products, morning: cleanser, toner, exfoliant and a moisturizer with SPF Night: cleanser, toner, exfoliant, serum and a moisturizer. That is my regimen for years now. My mother started me early on with taking care of my skin. She was a Lancôme fanatic. They have some good products but not all are good and it is quite expensive. My mother passed away but she looked younger than her age. Her skin was very beautiful, hardly any wrinkles at 75 and she lived in Puerto Rico. I have used lots of different products since my 20's but now I used mostly Paula's skin care line. Makeup, I use lot of different products depending on what I need and the cheaper ones, after following Paula's recommendations on Beautypedia. Check it out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Alf i will check it out x
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    WhooHoo! I am seeing results by just trying to move more, not snacking late night, and realistic portion control. Lost 3.5 lbs since starting on Sunday…my goal is to lose 7 in March and keep it off! That's 4% of my weight. I'll do another 4% in April….

EXCELLENT! :D

• Nataliegetfit
    Nataliegetfit Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    thanks for the suggestion alf. I may try to add some calories, also started that 30 day shred this morning, still alive (although didn't do every single rep, did as many as I could) and still did 20 min elliptical, so I will try that for awhile and see if it helps. I think the most important thing is not giving up and keep logging. I always eat better if I log everything.
    Mary Kay has some wonderful products for anti aging. Look online and find a consultant and have a free facial. My sister is a consultant in AZ. I have been using it since high school. They also have a money back guarantee.
    Those water pictures are amazing. I think I would be afraid to be in there, I am used to pools not moving water. It is beautiful and scary all at the same time.
    I hope you all have a great week. Keep up the good work.
  • StephannieL
    StephannieL Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Morning everyone!
    Soooooo, did my KettleWorx workout yesterday morning and then did a boot camp class at my friend's gym last evening and THEN got up this morning and did my KettleWorx AGAIN. Needless to say, I'm a hurtin' pup today.
    Had to stretch my whole body in the middle of the night I was so sore. LOL

And on top of all of that, I'm doing Yoga here at work this afternoon. Hoping to stretch out some of this soreness. LOL
  • moya_bleh
    moya_bleh Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    41 this month - I'll be 'properly' in my 40s then! I'm starting to shift some more weight deadlifting after last October's disc herniation. OK, it's only 100kg for 4 sets of 6 reps, but it's a damn sight better than shuffling like a zombie unable to lift at all as was the case a few months back.
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,931 Member
    Options
    I sure loved all the photos that went up on this thread yesterday!

Nicely done!
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    Ok, I am back! Team did well at the cook off and I managed to not completely wreck myself. I did have a small gain, but most of that is due to some drinking and other things going on as well (tom). Glad to see you are all doing well this week. Loving the outdoor pics!!
  • cdloyer
    cdloyer Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm going to be 50 in October. Count me in.
  • caramelgyrlk
    caramelgyrlk Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    Hey Kids, hope all of you are well and in good spirits.

I am tired of posting about the snow/ice, yet that is what we are plagued with at this time. My office closed Monday, we had an ice storm yesterday and schools closed 2 hours early and my office closed at 1. The roads were really icy.

Sdereski, there is nothing like a photo highlighting activity. Hope you had a blast in the snow.

Larro, with all these new ladies on here giving you so many kudos, I hope this does not inflate your head (lol).. How's mom doing? All I could do was crack up when you mentioned your squats while waiting for the water. No one can ever accuse you of having poor time management skills. I LOVE IT...

Alf--Hope you are doing well. Nice to see posts from you again. You rock

Ruby--Good to see your post on your running. Are you doing any 5 or 10k's?

Beeps-What's going on with you? I will think of you as I lift heavier tonight.

CG--You already know I am sooooooooooooo JEALOUS. I feel like you are my long lost sister. You're such a dare devil and I LOVE IT..... Keep the pictures coming.

KS--That is good news about your hubby. I know you were thrilled that you had a GREAT house guest.

Kate--Where are you? For all of the weight you are losing, I am gaining (lol). Keep up the great work.

I love the pictures that all of you are posting.

Welcome to all newbies. Hope you stay on the ride.

I have extreme fit tonight and plan to do some cardio before the class.

Have a great day everyone.
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,931 Member
    Options

Beeps-What's going on with you? I will think of you as I lift heavier tonight.

I just finished a lifting session, caramel. My third-day-in-a-row of HEAVY LIFTING.

BOOM!

Now, that is a GREAT start to March. BOOM!

My next "task" is to work on the execution of my "decrease-nighttime-snacking" plan. I have a GOOD PLAN in place....it is ALL up to the execution, which has been weak.

THAT CHANGES TODAY!

I won't be perfect....there ARE evenings I am gonna chow-down. But, tonight I won't. The end.
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    Hi all, run never happened yesterday; went home and shoveled snow instead. Another major dumping of snow. Curled last night as well, although it ended after an hour as we were getting our butts kicked.

Here are a couple of pictures from the weekend with my granddaughter when we went snowshoeing and then she "camped" for the night on my dining room floor.
    The dog is our son's dog, Gus. He is an Alaskan Malamute.

q3m6jpzhqm5y.jpg

lu6h1gyi0nqy.jpg
  • Kate7294
    Kate7294 Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    Hey Kid's !

Kate--Where are you? For all of the weight you are losing, I am gaining (lol). Keep up the great work.

Here I am ! Here I am ! LOL.

7 lbs. under goal today. Trying to stay busy. Been paying off bills ( credit card, 2 loans), buying essentials, and shopping around for things that save time/money and so forth.
    Tomorrow signing up with another insurance company for our homeowners and cars. Should save close to $200.00 plus a year with the new company. Yeah me ! Sorry if I've been quiet. I was stressing over our escrow being short again this year. Last year I had a hell of a time getting things fixed. Hopefully by switching things will level off.
    Anyway... not much else to report here. I did buy a can crusher the other day. LOL. Pretty cool.

Hello Newbies ! and welcome.
    I'll check back later. :)

• DM01234
    DM01234 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Nice to see so many of our age bracket here.. Any newbies (or not) looking for a support friend, feel free to send me a request.