40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,948 Member
    Options
    This is my NEW "go to" spot when I want to see pictures.

Thanks, 40+ group!

BOOM!
  • joniec
    joniec Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm very excited about finding this group. I'm 40 and want to lose 15-20 pounds. I own a small preschool working 10-12 hour days and have 4 kids of my own ages 1, 8, 13 and 15. This doesn't leave much time for anything else so I need all the help I can get to stay motivated. I've started tracking my food intake and getting up between 5-5:30 to do my cardio. I've just finished reading feed the muscle burn the fat. I'm eager to start this program and start strength training again.
  • KellySue67
    KellySue67 Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    Larro~ Too funny! I only wish we had "so much" snow!!!
  • MomFLYer
    MomFLYer Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Turns out the spinning I've been feeling is actually a migraine of sorts... Feel better just knowing it's pinned down lol!
    Got my son some good winter driving experience too, as he had to drive home. We're getting 5-7 more inches on top of the inch of ice from the last storm... hope I can get to work tomorrow!
  • caramelgyrlk
    caramelgyrlk Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    Hey kids,

Needless to say the weather people were right again. We are being slammed right now and told to stay off the roads because it is too dangerous.

Larro I can count on you to liven the party. Awesome video.

For those of you who are in the snowy mess I understand your pain. People like Larro I envy...lol

Have a great day everyone.
  • ruby70
    ruby70 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    -15F here in Wisconsin this morning. We warmed up to 12F. Tomorrow is supposed to be close to 30F. So happy, we really will have people in t-shirts outside:)
  • allenpriest
    allenpriest Posts: 1,102 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Kentucky
    12 inches of snow. Plenty of workout clearing the driveway. It took almost 3 hours. long driveway. I've got a small electric snow thrower but it is still harder work than I'm used to doing. And I still had to shovel out the 2 - 3 foot piles where the snow plow pushed the street snow up.
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    HELP!!!! Decided to go to a Zumba class and got crazy stupid and I think I pulled a glute muscle. :'( everything was going SOOO well!!! :s
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    3furballs wrote: »
    If you've posted, you've joined! Just pitch in and share your tips, tricks, daily motivation, vents, etc. We're all helping each other out.

Saying which, any suggestions when you are tired so you eat everything? I'ts 11:02 and I've already eaten both snacks I brought to work and want to wait until 12:30 to eat lunch. I'm drinking water (which is all I can think of) to fill up until lunch. My own fault, stayed up way to late (specially since I was up yesterday at 5:30) reading a new book. Now I'm sleepy. Must remember to get my workout gear on as soon as I get home. Luckily my mom comes to watch the kids for me while I go at 5 to workout, harder to back out and have a nap that way!

Aww that is so nice of your mom, did you get your workout done???

Welcome to the new cool kids!!!!!

• 3furballs
    3furballs Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Yep I gor to Kickboxing. My mom watches then once a week while I go. Tonight I paid her in lasagna! Hope your feeling better and beak up fast!
  • cherylann11
    cherylann11 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Have been for a lovely walk around the gounds of the local castle this morning, feeling lucky to live here!4ruwbfgciyo4.jpg
  • cherylann11
    Options
    lgrwzer79rc6.jpg
  • StephannieL
    StephannieL Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Good morning Cool Kids!
    Cheryl- Where is that? It's beautiful!!!!

My weigh-in day was today. Down 1.6! Woo hoo! Go me! LOL
    Below 180 for the first time since I was breastfeeding my son 5 years ago! Okay, I'm just BARELY below 180 but I'll take it! :)

Hope that everyone has a fabulous day and weekend!
  • cherylann11
    Options
    Good morning Cool Kids!

Below 180 for the first time since I was breastfeeding my son 5 years ago! Okay, I'm just BARELY below 180 but I'll take it! :)

StephanieL its called Elvaston Castle, Derby, England
  • cherylann11
    Options
    Good morning Cool Kids!

StephanieL its called Elvaston Castle, Derby, England

Well done on your weightloss!
  • StephannieL
    StephannieL Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Thanks Cheryl! I'm so excited!

My BF loves castles and he wants us to go see some in England, Ireland and Germany. Hopefully we'll get there someday. :)
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    Good Morning cool kids. Happy Friday!! Cherylann - certainly is a beautiful place, and I'd say you are lucky to liver there as well. England is on my bucket list to visit (other than Heathrow airport - been there)

Larro - that video is funny.

Alf, I certainly hope that glute muscle does cause you too much grief! You have been through so much with injuries already.

Carmel- my goodness, I thought we had it bad for weather. We got another snowstorm on Tuesday, however, it is business as usual around here. We don't often get the ice / snow mix that makes things so terrible to travel. If we do, it is usually more in late fall / early spring.

The weather has warmed up some today. We have our big ice fishing derby taking place this weekend (approx 1200 people take part). The weather is supposed to be "nice" all weekend, which is a blessing. The ice fishing derby traditionally has some of the coldest temperatures ever, with many participants suffering frost bite or just dropping out on day two because of the bitter cold.

Went out for a quick night hike last night. The full moon was gorgeous and certainly helped light our way once the clouds lifted. Below is a picture my g/f took with her iPhone. My headlight is lighting the snow in front.

qs2ppiqrd2n6.jpg
  • cherylann11
    Options
    Thanks Cheryl! I'm so excited!

My BF loves castles and he wants us to go see some in England, Ireland and Germany. Hopefully we'll get there someday. :)

Will you have Highclere castle castle on your list? ( downton Abbey)
  • KellySue67
    KellySue67 Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    s857ysrk5n76.jpg

Happy Friday all! Can't go without my Friday pic!! Although love seeing all of your pictures posted! The castle is beautiful Cherylann! Love Castles!
    Sdereski- the moon shot is great too. It was out when I went to the gym this morning and I could see it in my rear view mirror as I was driving down the hill from my house. I was wishing I had a camera at that moment!

I made it to the gym and ran intervals and worked on legs and abs today for weights. Not a bad workout! I think tomorrow will be just weights as I am headed to see hubby at the rehab facility tomorrow. He seems very much at ease there and is getting along well with everyone. They are holding him to task as well and not letting him refuse therapy either which is great!! He can be stubborn sometimes, but then, can't we all!

Beautiful sunny day here today. Not the warmest, but I will take mid 20s over sub zero any day. It will feel like a heat wave!!! Have a good one all!
  • slw19
    slw19 Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    Good morning all!!

I am happy to report at loss of 2.6 lbs this week after significantly increasing my protein and my calories I guess you need to constantly keep playing around!

3 furballs, hope your knee feels better and you are able to work out.

Stephanie, congrats on your loss! great news.

cool pick Cheryl!! looks like a great place.

hope all have a great weekend!!

Stephanie