40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• larrodarro
    larrodarro Posts: 2,512 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options

Larro- My 5 year old and I picked out a pepper plant (complete with peppers already emerging LOL) and a cherry tomato plant. He is so proud of them! We put them into planters and he proceeded to water them with a spray bottle. LOL
    Thankfully I've managed not to kill them while he has been with his father this week so that's a plus. LOL
    They have had plenty of water and sunshine all courtesy of the weather.

I wish I could send you a few of my plants. I have way too many. I had never grown Serrano Chili peppers before, and didn't realize how hot they were. Last year I had New Mexico Chili's and thought they were about like them. Not. I have two rows of plants like this one, and about one pepper is all you can put in a big salad. All my friends and family might be getting hot sauce for Christmas this year.

3nboico3dh4n.jpg
  • allenpriest
    allenpriest Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    Keeping on my calorie plan reasonably well. Still dropping about a pound a week. 18 months in. 2-3 years to go to reachmy final goal.
  • StephannieL
    StephannieL Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    @larro- LOL Nobody in my household does hot peppers. My son LOVES bell peppers. We we bought a yellow bell pepper plant.
  • Nataliegetfit
    Nataliegetfit Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    wow Larro, that's a lot of peppers!!! I only use them for salsa and guacamole, and no one else in the house likes them, except for in the salsa.
    I usually do my exercising inside, but today I ran and walked along our long dirt driveway for 40 minutes instead. It was a little cool and breezy and nice out. I may do that on cooler mornings.
    My daughter's car wouldn't start today, ended up just being the battery, but I am thankful it happened while she was home and not trying to leave work late at night. My guys are running to Walmart for a new one.
    I have a table runner class tomorrow with my quilt guild, with a potluck, so hopefully I will have a few good choices. I will bring a few snacks in case. The guys are going to an antique engine show about an hour away. It's unfortunately going to rain, so hopefully it won't be too bad and they can have a fun time, they've been looking forward to it.
    I went to a friend's who has a plant nursery and bought 2 bush cherry tomato plants, hopefully they are good. There was one I thought was ripe and I ate it and it wasn't quite ripe and not sweet at all. I should of ate it before I bought it.
    Larro, what is supposed to be the best tasting cherry tomato? The sweetest?
    Well, hope everyone has a nice weekend.
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Larro, your gardening skills put us to shame. :( but here are pics of my peppers, mint and tomatoes.

v92k03bhbzhi.jpg
    wwjbr4ddsywp.jpg
  • alf1163
    Options
  • GlacierGirl907
    GlacierGirl907 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    My weekend has now started happy Friday .w8o0dcoxg077.jpg
  • larrodarro
    Options
    Good Evening Cool Kids.

I had the night off and we had another birthday supper for Margie. My BIL's father has the same birthday as Margie, so him and Sister were with his family last weekend when we all got together to eat pizza. We went to a local seafood place.

I spent most all day in the garden. Hoeing and side-dressing the melon, cucumber and cantaloupe replants, replanting a few pepper plants where ones had cashed, and getting some soaker and drip hoses laid out. Also mowed around the fruit trees and grapevines. It will be much harder to do once I get posts and wire up for the vines to run on.

Stephanie, we have found a pepper we really like. It's called Mini Sweet Pepper in the store. I searched the interwebbs for seeds and couldn't find anything. But there was a thread {on a hot pepper site, of all places} about growing them from the saved seeds. The pictures on the thread showed long green peppers, but they said they had the same flavor. I've got three rows of them, all full of little peppers. A week or two and I will know if I wasted my time or not. If they turn out long, I think I will call them Maxi Sweet Peppers.

Natalie, I'm not even sure what kind of cherry tomatoes I have. I just asked for seeds at the Farmer's Co-op, and planted what they gave me. But here is a list of good strains. http://fafard.com/top-ten-best-tasting-cherry-tomatoes/

Alf, those plants look great. There is nothing wrong with quality over quantity.

GG, that water looks cold!

Hope everyone is having a good weekend,

Larro

PS: here are the numbers for the week: 20.9% Body Fat, 23.9 BMI & 171.1 Pounds. That is a gain of 1.1 pounds for the week. I sure wouldn't mind gaining a pound, but I was going on 4 hours sleep this morning, and had lots of salt last night between a new salad we tried, and my chicken fajitas. I spent most of the week at 169.
  • GlacierGirl907
    GlacierGirl907 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Larrodarro yes it was very cold. My weight loss thus far down 1 more pound brings me to 137 my goal is 125. Keep up the good work everyone.
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    "Day: 27 of P90X/P90X+ hybrid Core Synergistics"=Done!
  • paulfjd
    paulfjd Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Are there any male oldies out there
  • larrodarro
    Options
    paulfjd wrote: »
    Are there any male oldies out there

Who you callin' old? I'm 54. Nothing old about me, except maybe my hip, my knees, my feet, my shoulder. . . . .
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    who HATES bathtime?
    n3485ku0y46p.jpg

• webbeyes
    webbeyes Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Great piece of advice I received the other day: "you cannot build and cut at the same time - pick one and do it right, then move to the other"
  • mitrice
    mitrice Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Does this group still exist
  • staceybuchanon
    staceybuchanon Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am a 45 year old mom of 3 daughters working on losing my last 10 pounds. I have lost 22 already through running and MFP. Never felt better about myself!
  • alfordsuzanne
    alfordsuzanne Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I've been overweight all my life. I like to eat and I don't like to Excerise. I'm 51 now and trying to lose weight for good and get off blood pressure medicine. I've been doing it on my own since March and I've lost 22 pounds.
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "Day: 28 of P90X/P90X+ hybrid 7 Mile Trail Run"=Done!
    x4odt33s42ti.png
  • 3furballs
    3furballs Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Hey there.

Alford Suzanne, great job on the weight loss! It's never too late to get healthier.

Stacie, that last 10 lbs tends to be the hardest!

Well I deviated a bit from my plan. I did cardio Kickboxing yesterday since I was going to the dojo for the self defense seminar anyway. Felt good but i was breathless. Not sure if a week made me more apt to get breathless or if I was pushing even harder since I felt strong and energetic.
  • alf1163
    Options
    Larrodarro yes it was very cold. My weight loss thus far down 1 more pound brings me to 137 my goal is 125. Keep up the good work everyone.

You and I have the same goals! My goal is 125, I'm at 130.6 as of this morning. I've met my goal many times even as low as 122 for the past 3-4yrs but I haven't managed to maintain that weight!!!! Ugh!!!