40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    "Day: 20 of P90X/P90X+ hybrid Kenpo X"=Done!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    so...I went out this morning and bought trail running shoes. just tested them out. I may not be able to walk tomorrow.

it's hard to tell from the pic, but that's a hell of a drop. at the bottom...pain. didn't go that way. :)

w4jpwpxx0738.jpg

ohgxfkhp081z.png

run.JPG 139.3K
    run.PNG 257.7K
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    20 minute foam rolling followed by INSANITY: THE ASYLUM® Volume 1
    Relief!
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    gam3rguy wrote: »
    Relief!

Gam, do you follow a specific foam rolling video/program. I keep saying I need to foam roll more but never get to it. Ugh!
  • alf1163
    Options
    Thanks everyone! It's challenging we will manage. I'm proud of my son for being so brave and try his best to new challenges.

Beeps, the brewski looks refreshing!!!!

Larro, happy birthday to Margie!!!

Spent time at the pool with my granddaughter this morning. Then I found a puppy roaming around. I still have her. She is adorable. Looks like your dog gam but smaller. I can't keep her, I have 3 dogs. bx7x2hcbof5x.jpg
  • allenpriest
    allenpriest Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    Took boy scouts shooting this weekend. Came back on Saturday so I got some time to myself.
  • allenpriest
    Options
    But tomorrow afternoon will be cleaning rifles and shotguns.
  • allenpriest
    Options
    But tomorrow afternoon will be cleaning rifles and shotguns.
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options
    frida001 wrote: »
    I'm 40. Just give me some time to get used to the idea.

Yep...I just turned 40 yesterday, so I am with you on that!
  • mitch22098
    mitch22098 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I am 45 and lost 70 pounds at one time thanks to MFP. I gained thirty-five back because of not watching what I was eating after getting an injury. Now after having surgery completed to get the injury taken care of I am looking forward to losing around 40 pounds.
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "Day: 21 of P90X/P90X+ hybrid REST X"=Done!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    alf1163 wrote: »
    gam3rguy wrote: »
    Relief!

Gam, do you follow a specific foam rolling video/program. I keep saying I need to foam roll more but never get to it. Ugh!
    I got most of what I learned from P90X2. my one roller (yes, I have more than one) came with a dvd...but it's sooooooo booooorrriiingggg. I also just made up some stuff. X2 encourages that.

• gam3rguy
    Options
    alf1163 wrote: »
    Thanks everyone! It's challenging we will manage. I'm proud of my son for being so brave and try his best to new challenges.

Beeps, the brewski looks refreshing!!!!

Larro, happy birthday to Margie!!!

Spent time at the pool with my granddaughter this morning. Then I found a puppy roaming around. I still have her. She is adorable. Looks like your dog gam but smaller. I can't keep her, I have 3 dogs. bx7x2hcbof5x.jpg
    AWESOME PUP!!

• Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,980 Member
    Options
    Seven days in a row of working out. ZOOM! (Four days lifting + 7 days cardio)

Results: zero pounds lost.

What a joke!
  • blwasson73
    blwasson73 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    This is great and I would love to join! I'm 42 and recommitting to MFP! Between a new promotion at work, getting married in April, and my mother in law passing, I've let things slide. Haven't gained but just don't feel healthy and looking for motivation!
  • alf1163
    Options
    For you 40yr olds out there...feel sorry for you...just kidding!!! LOL. You will be fine!!!!! Welcome!
  • larrodarro
    larrodarro Posts: 2,512 Member
    Options
    Good Evening Cool Kids. Hope you guys have had a good weekend.

Here is the highlight of my day. {most of it was in the garden this afternoon}

81mb6tp8v6dx.jpg
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "Day: 22 of P90X/P90X+ hybrid Core Synergistics"=Done!
  • Patsalmer
    Patsalmer Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hello everybody!! Busy day here so far and its not even noon yet!!!
    Today was the first day of summer school for my new first grader, he was very excited!!! After I took him (we missed the bus, passed earlier than they said it would) I left my car in the elementary school parking lot and walked to the highschool track, ran/walked 4 miles... Felt good despite the humidity...thinking of just taking him and doing that and asking when the community gym will b open so I can take advantage of it too if possible..
    I didn't have breakfast before I left, but when I got home I was starving! Had a huge breakfast.. (More like brunch) now I feel like I have much more energy than yesterday after breakfast..unfortunately I have to go sit with my laptop for a couple hours and work! :(
    Hope everyone has a great day..
    Larro.... That meal looked delicous!!
  • KelliMurray02
    KelliMurray02 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone...my name is Kelli and I'm 40 years of age. I'm recovering from injuries related to a bad fall I had and was just cleared to go back into the gym. My weight loss goal us about 35lbs and to feel healthy again. I would love any support! Good luck..Day 1 for me :)
    167lbs.
    Shakeology meal
    45 min gym class