40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• b3achy
    b3achy Posts: 2,080 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Spent most of my weekend in Kitchen Cabinet Clean-out mode - The official total is 5 hours of cleaning cabinets. 8 cabinets and 2 drawers sorted, reorganized, purged and wiped down/cleaned. 3 trash bags (~30-40 gallons) full of expired, old, broken items pitched. Number of steps up/down on the step ladder: no idea, but feels like a lot. I'm sore. I'm tired. I'm spent.

Yesterday I started C25K. While I walk a lot, I've not really run much in 25+ years due to bad knees. Hoping that if I take it slowly using the program, I can get back to running again.

And my usual it's too cold/dreary to go paddling miles done on my glider at home. Now to get caught up on some planks.
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,963 Member
    Options
    great photos, sdereski!
  • misscagal
    misscagal Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Busy weekend - HIIT class yesterday after 3weeks off and 14.5km today
  • EllaLeahB
    EllaLeahB Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I'll be 40 May 1st..I'll be back!! :D
  • Veganniee
    Veganniee Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Back from a week of being ill. Missed so much on here! Well done everyone. Taking it slow today and not doing kettlebells. Walking to work will probably cause enough coughing and spluttering to feel like a proper workout...
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    "Body Beast Build: Chest/Tris"=Done!
  • tojo_73
    tojo_73 Posts: 213 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    In an effort to combat my recent "half-assededness" in working out I have gone back to BCAA supplements. I hoping that even if just mental it will get me back in the groove. I have been sliding in the wrong direction recently. Still working out 3 times a week (mostly) but at a lower intensity and eating poorly. The scale is creeping back up and this is not.....good. So its back to logging every day and trying to kick the apathy.
  • b3achy
    b3achy Posts: 2,080 Member
    Options
    Sassia wrote: »
    Back from a week of being ill. Missed so much on here! Well done everyone. Taking it slow today and not doing kettlebells. Walking to work will probably cause enough coughing and spluttering to feel like a proper workout...

Smart to take it slow and ease back into workout out after being sick. Hope you feel better soon. Mine seems want to linger, but I finally am working out despite still sniffling a bit.
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Options
    b3achy wrote: »
    Yesterday I started C25K. While I walk a lot, I've not really run much in 25+ years due to bad knees. Hoping that if I take it slowly using the program, I can get back to running again.

@b3achy - It is awesome that you have taken up running! Strength work for the upper legs ought to minimize chances of knee injury. Looking forward to your first combination paddleboard/run report. :)

• gam3rguy
    Options
    "Body Beast Bulk: Legs"=Done!
  • elizabeppes
    elizabeppes Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    On a plane this morning but plan to run for an hour or so on the National Mall this afternoon. And asking in advance for tips to stay on track while traveling for work( lots of meetings and dinners)
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    6km walk / run. My running partner was having knee pain, so we ran / walked. Still felt great to get out in the fresh air after a day of sitting at a desk all day.
  • shellyld2016
    shellyld2016 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    On a plane this morning but plan to run for an hour or so on the National Mall this afternoon. And asking in advance for tips to stay on track while traveling for work( lots of meetings and dinners)

That can be a challenge, but I would suggest prepackaged veggies to snack on between times and fruit. As much as possible I try to know where I'm going to eat and look up their munu. I pre-log those meals when I can to not draw attention to myself trying to figure it out.
    Lots of water of course.
    Happy travels!
  • str8bowbabe
    str8bowbabe Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Hello yall. Been missing for a while due to the crud. Back at it now. Started running again yesterday...today is back to lifting. Lets do this.
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Options
    Snowing today, so had to do a track workout on the treadmill. 6 miles in total, with four miles done by alternating between 5k race pace and marathon race pace every quarter mile. Felt pretty good the entire run.
    Will do an easy paced run and some swim drills tomorrow.
  • __TMac__
    __TMac__ Posts: 1,665 Member
    Options
    Djproulx wrote: »
    Snowing today, so had to do a track workout on the treadmill. 6 miles in total, with four miles done by alternating between 5k race pace and marathon race pace every quarter mile. Felt pretty good the entire run.
    Will do an easy paced run and some swim drills tomorrow.

You weren't running next to me at the Y, were you? (Only partially kidding.)
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    Curled tonight. Skipped the game, made some great shots and we won. :)
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "Body Beast Build: Back/Bis"=Done!