Replies

• gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    Shoulders=DONE!
  • RachelT14
    RachelT14 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    May i join you...i will be 41 in November :-) I used mfp successfully about 4 years ago to loose 36lbs, then i got pregnant with my third (and very unplanned) child. I tracked my calories for my entire pregnancy, increasing them during my last few months as recommended by my mw and gained the 2lbs more than the recommened weight gain for the average 7 1/2 lb baby (but thats okay my baby was 9 1/2lbs!). I was back to my prepregnancy weight withina couple of weeks and maintained that for about 6 months then for one reason and another i started to pile on the weight and here i am again. Already 14lbs down since i started with about 28 more to go. I am set for 1lb loss per week with my excercise being walking and that is working well for me at the moment.
  • madamebaco
    madamebaco Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Good morning, everyone! I finally managed to stay under my calorie goal yesterday. Its a struggle every day! I love reading about how everyone is doing. It helps to see everyone else's successes!

Great idea, allenpriest for starting at maintenance. I'm already 12 days in now, but I think I have basically been doing that as I have gone over most days. Its still way less than I was consuming, so if I can just stick with it I think I can make it! Isn't not quitting the hardest part of anything worthwhile?
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    Hello to everyone! Lots of new folks joining the cool kids group! Welcome!

Beeps- glad to hear the surgery is over and your life is starting to get back to normal. Everyday you see a little better, is indeed a good day. :)

Had a wonderful birthday weekend! Got home late Sunday night (my actual bday), so we had the family bday dinner yesterday. My eating has been on track, minus the few glasses of wine I had over the weekend, otherwise, it stayed clean. Did a 40km bike ride on Saturday along the rail trail. Awesome! It did rain on the way back and we were covered in mud when we were done, but it was all good.

Got my hair cut. Short. Very short. As soon as I did it, I regretted it. :p O well, it will grow back.

Monday started like a "monday". Went to get into my car and noticed my garbage strewn all over the yard. A bear must have gotten into it between the time my husband left and I was preparing to leave. UGH. Just want I wanted to do when I am cleaned up and dressed for work - pick up garbage! NOT. :# Walked into work and didn't even make it to my office when one the ladies asked to speak to me. She informed me her husband of 20 years suddenly, and out of the blue, left her. She is devastated. I was heartbroken for her. All I could think of was that I needed to make sure I tell my husband how much I love and appreciate him.

Then, opened up my email and learned that a very dear friend that has been battling some health issues this summer was hospitalized and is palliative. :'( I went to see her and again, it broke my heart to see her so frail and broken. I tell ya, having my family around me last night was good for my soul. <3
    So folks, we are all on here for the same reason - to get and stay HEALTHY!

Make your day count!
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,995 Member
    Options
    She is very fit and healthy and trying to loose a last 10-15 lbs. It said she wasn't eating enough, she didn't want to hear that.

I am glad she didn't listen! The whole "eat more to lose bodyfat" argument just holds zero scientific evidence! None.

If you want to SHED bodyfat you HAVE to have a calorie-deficit....meaning: she would have to ingest fewer calories than she is burning. Period.

• Beeps2011
    Options
    sdereski wrote: »

Got my hair cut. Short. Very short. As soon as I did it, I regretted it. :p O well, it will grow back.

Poop.

I am never cutting my hair. Never. I tried "short hair" in my 20's (pixie cut) and looked RIDICULOUS. The end.

• Beeps2011
    Options
    I ended up walking for nearly 4 hours yesterday....2 hours in the morning and 2 hours in the afternoon.

My right achilles is aching, today....but, I think I will do a warm up and then head out, again. It is a little chilly this morning, so I might give it another hour or two before I head out. I would like to do another 2 hours, today.

I kept my calories low, yesterday. And only ate protein and veggies....so, a week of that and my carb-cravings should (again!) recede to NIL.
  • KarenEnglish42
    KarenEnglish42 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi- I'm joining now too! I'm 47 and finding the weight just doesn't come off like it used to! I did the Down 2 Sizes challenge last spring (got down 1 size), but over the summer a very slow creep up has been discouraging. I just finished my very first round of Whole30, where I lost 5lbs and about an inch off my hips/waist. So, it is slowly creeping off.

I'm 5'7" and 169lbs (about a size 12) and really would like it 20lbs less. I do an intense spin class 2x/wk, TRX 2x/wk, then walking and hiking other days.
  • chelleb1974
    chelleb1974 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone! I am 41 and have done this circus a few times. I'm hoping this is the last time. I have previously lost 100lbs on WW (twice....gained it all back and lost it again), and 40lb has crept back on this time. I'm happy I'm realizing it before it's all back - it's too much work to do it all over again! In total, I'd like to lose another 80lbs or so (for a total of about 140 from where the 269 I started at many moons ago). For now, I'm focusing on remembering to track what I'm eating. I'm being conscious about whether I'm going over, but tracking is the harder part for me....I tend to get lazy and not track. I will try to check back in every few days!
  • sdereski
    Options
    Beeps2011 wrote: »

Poop.

I am never cutting my hair. Never. I tried "short hair" in my 20's (pixie cut) and looked RIDICULOUS. The end.

yup, it's a pixie cut. blah! :/

• larrodarro
    larrodarro Posts: 2,512 Member
    Options
    Beeps2011 wrote: »

Poop.

yup, it's a pixie cut. blah! :/

I'm sure you are cute in your pixie cut. Margie is letting her hair go gray, and she had it cut very short. An added bonus for me is all the neck sugar.
  • larrodarro
    larrodarro Posts: 2,512 Member
    Options
    I'm planning a greenhouse/garden shed project, and bought 16 cross-ties for the foundation today. BIL helped me unload, but boy what a job of work. I'll be using the hay-forks on the tractor to move them around. Also bought a new piece of exercise equipment. Well, it was really a square pointed shovel. The handle on my old one was killing my hands when I was digging out for the greenhouse footers.

Saw the first indoor cucumber today. Green onions are ready to harvest, and there was a tomato bloom. I may get my indoor salad after all.

gdearccq2wju.jpg

Welcome to the new guys and hello to everyone else.

You guys have a good one,

Larro
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Beeps, you have been a walking fool lately!!! Glad you are feeling better!

Sdereski, happy belated birthday!!!!! Sorry to hear about your friend. I cut my hair, well it's growing now, and I have gotten more compliments now than when my hair was long. I miss my long hair at times but I also like it short.

Madamebaco, perhaps try to log your calories before you eat them. That way you can adjust accordingly and stay within your max allowed. That helped me when I constantly kept going over.

Today I worked on abs and legs plus my Stronger workout.

Good night!
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    banged out some foam rolling today!
  • madamebaco
    Options
    Hi Everyone! I am 41 and have done this circus a few times. I'm hoping this is the last time. I have previously lost 100lbs on WW (twice....gained it all back and lost it again), and 40lb has crept back on this time. I'm happy I'm realizing it before it's all back - it's too much work to do it all over again! In total, I'd like to lose another 80lbs or so (for a total of about 140 from where the 269 I started at many moons ago). For now, I'm focusing on remembering to track what I'm eating. I'm being conscious about whether I'm going over, but tracking is the harder part for me....I tend to get lazy and not track. I will try to check back in every few days!

Hi! I'm new here, too. Congratulations on your weight loss. I'm still trying to figure this site out, but I wanted to say welcome.

I lost weight on weight watchers as well in the past. Great program but the point counting was a pain. Why not just figure out the calories instead of some magic formula? Still, I liked it for the community- which is what I'm looking for here.

See you around! ;)
  • madamebaco
    Options
    alf1163 wrote: »

Madamebaco, perhaps try to log your calories before you eat them. That way you can adjust accordingly and stay within your max allowed. That helped me when I constantly kept going over.

Thanks Alf! That is exactly what I need to do! I've been terrible about planning and I'm going to work on that. for some reason, when I start planning meals, I draw a blank!

I went over my calories AGAIN yesterday, despite turning down an invitation to mexican dinner with margaritas. Sigh... .I guess it could have been worse!
  • madamebaco
    edited September 2015
    Options
  • sdereski
    Options
    Hi all,

@larro - love the "neck sugar" comment. lol. Love the greenhouse picture!
    My DH has finally agreed to put a greenhouse up after to very unsuccessful growing summers! Thank Gawd! I miss our fresh veggies. Our greenhouse will go up next spring. :)

@alf - I am getting a lot of compliments. I just prefer my longer hair I guess. The hairdresser said I would not like it the first week, and would love it by week 3. We'll see. It is getting easier to manage now. Took me a few days to figure it out. lol.

@madame - love the daily meal planner. :D

Weighed myself today - am down another 3.5lbs. That is a total of 13lbs in less than 2 months. Have not taken measurements yet...will do that soon. So, am still wanting to shed another 20lbs. Not sure if I can get there, but am going to keep on trying. It has been my experience that my body doesn't want to stay that low, so will aim for at least another 12. That will get me to where I was when I first started this game. :p

Got my workout in yesterday! The exercises felt easier, but I still managed to work up a good sweat. Yeah!

Make your day count cool kids!
  • sdereski
    Options
    Look what is going to take place at the B&B? So exciting! :)

cfu0u64k78qe.jpg

• Beeps2011
    Options
    The pixie cut looks good on like two women. Ever. Twiggy and Halle Berry.

I mean, seriously, two gorgeous model-women. The rest of womanhood stand NO chance with a pixie!

Sdereski, your face is gorgeous....play up that face!

Larro - growing out the grey is tough....glad you love margie just the same! :)

Five walking days in a row....keeping my spirits lifted. ZOOM!