40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• larrodarro
    larrodarro Posts: 2,512 Member
    Options
    Beeps2011 wrote: »

Larro - growing out the grey is tough....glad you love margie just the same! :)

Five walking days in a row....keeping my spirits lifted. ZOOM!

She is 62 and not going to run for re-election next year, so she doesn't have to be as concerned with how others view her. But the real reason is the smell from the dye bothers her.

Glad you got in some lifting, even if it was just your spirits.
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Hello everyone!!! I had a great clean eating day and exercise day. Started with a HIIT workout, followed by Bikram then my abs challenge.

Sdereski, you will get used to it. And like you said if you don't like it, it will grow. I really don't want to have long hair again, shoulder length maybe but not long again. I leave that to the young women. LOL

Madame, it doesn't have to be difficult at all. Just think 4-6 oz of a lean protein, a nice salad or some vegetable, a healthy fat (avocado, or nuts in your salad, olive oil) and voila, you have a nice meal. Use that same combination for lunch and dinner. Breakfast, eggs with veggies and/or oatmeal, fruit maybe, or a protein shake with lots of veggies, or Greek yogurt with some fruit and nuts. Prepare your eggs with olive or coconut oil for your healthy fat. Snacks, banana with almond butter, or yogurt with fruit and nuts, veggies with hummus, some low sodium turkey (love Boar's head brand) with an apple. Next day repeat similar variation. It takes time, be consistent.

Good night!
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    Chest & Tris=DONE!
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,995 Member
    Options
    Walking done. ZOOM!

My sight is getting better everyday. I am one week post-surgery! Yay!

I think i will go to the gym on saturday....I cannot lift, but I can step on the scale!
  • allenpriest
    allenpriest Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    When I started working on this 21 months ago I would only walk around 20 minutes and go less than a mile. I did 3 miles in around an hour last night.
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    LEGS=DONE!
  • Nataliegetfit
    Nataliegetfit Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone. I tried a new recipe for dinner I had to tell you about. I loved it, my husband like it and I know my daughter will love it(she was at work last night for dinner). It was from Skinnytaste.com and called Sofrito Chicken Stew. We had it over rice. You can make some changes on it, we didn't use the can of beer, and I added celery and carrots and just regular onion because that's what I had but I changed it to two packages of Sazon because it was so small, and needed more. It was very good and super crazy lower calorie. Can make it in a crock pot too. You can look for sazon with no msg (someone commented the brand that has it, I will go back and write that down.) I like the recipe sites that have comments at the end, because you can see if there were problems, was it really good, what changes or substitutions people made. This will be great for cooler weather. And add in any other veggies. I also didn't have fresh tomato and used canned diced. The only wierd thing someone wouldn't already have is the sazon spice pack and they were very inexpensive.
    Well, I need to get off of here and get my exercising done for the day. Have a great Friday everyone.
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Natalie, your comment about Sazon being the weird thing no one would have made me smile. There is always Sazon in my house. :). It's pretty a staple in Puertorrican or Caribbean cuisine. Glad your family enjoyed the recipe!!!

Beeps, glad to hear you are feeling better.

My workouts and clean eating are still going strong. 127lbs this morning. I'm perfectly happy with this weight and pretty much my body measurements. I just wish my skin looked as tight as my body feels!!!! Oh well, it's bound to happen in a 51 yr old body. Some people are definitely luckier than others when it comes to skin elasticity. Anyone has any suggestions on anything that can help?

Have an awesome Friday!!
  • larrodarro
    Options
    Good Evening Cool Kids.

I'm waiting on my customers to decide they have had enough for the night. It's a lockout for a wedding, and they can stay til midnight if they chose.

My greenhouse plans have been downsized. I just found out today that the Civic Center's Board of Directors decided to stop paying my health insurance. {for 23 years they have paid 100% of it, so I shouldn't complain} It has gone up to $650 per month, and they decided it was just too much. Margie was able to get me on her plan through the county and it will be a little cheaper than that, but after paying nothing for so long, it looms large right now. And the greenhouse/garden shed is paying the price. I've been trying to see if I can fit everything I want in 16 feet as opposed to the planned 24 feet. The good news is I have more than enough windows and glass doors to do the whole thing now.

Anyway, welcome to the new guys and hello to everyone else.

You guys have a good one,

Larro

PS: Here are the numbers for the week.

20.1% Body Fat
    23.5 BMI
    167.8 Pounds.

A loss of 1.1 pounds.
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    BACK=DONE! finished up with the rope climb machine. BURN!!!
  • 3furballs
    3furballs Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Well this week was kickboxing, kettlebell, kickboxing, combat and then a boots and denim Harley Davidson theme wedding last night! Which led to no kickboxing this morning! Oh well, it's been a good week. Alf so glad you have hit your goal! Not sure when or if I'll get to mine, just can't find the balance between enjoying life and losing weight!
  • allenpriest
    Options
    Took the 20 yo daughter out shooting at her request. It was a great afternoon.
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    Arms & Abs=DONE!
  • larrodarro
    edited September 2015
    Options

I like to hear of young folks taking an interest in shooting. It's a skill everyone used to learn. These days, not so much.
  • markburnett70
    markburnett70 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Hiked up Mt moosilauke today, 8 miles and three thousand feet, beautiful day but the leaves weren't as far along as I thought. I live here you'd think I'd know lol. Weight is still on a downward trend, and faster than my modest goal so I'm happy about that. Still doing pt, strength training for skiing and walking regularly.
  • allenpriest
    Options
    larrodarro wrote: »

I like to hear of young folks taking an interest in shooting. It's a skill everyone used to learn. These days, not so much.

When I was young I would beg my dad to take me to shoot. He never would. I learned in the Army, then I took all of my father's guns over time. I used them to teach my son and scouts and to learn to hunt with the help of friends. The girls weren't ever interested but now that they have expressed interest I want to give them the opportunity.
  • kj61570
    kj61570 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Im checking in here. I've been told by one of my good friends that I will genetically always be the size I am, and not be able to lose the weight that I need. I believe this is a lie and need to change my lifestyle if I am going to live as long as I'd like. I know I'm not thinking overboard here.
  • markburnett70
    markburnett70 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    kj61570 wrote: »
    Im checking in here. I've been told by one of my good friends that I will genetically always be the size I am, and not be able to lose the weight that I need. I believe this is a lie and need to change my lifestyle if I am going to live as long as I'd like. I know I'm not thinking overboard here.

Of course you can lose weight. I mean unless you're trying to lose weight by becoming shorter :).
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    Shoulders=DONE!
  • madamebaco
    madamebaco Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    kj61570 wrote: »

Of course you can lose weight. I mean unless you're trying to lose weight by becoming shorter :).

Well, I guess you need to prove her wrong! Of course you can!