40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    I just did one of those 2 hour "Spartan workout tour" routines. it was on the deck of the USS New Jersey. yup...burpees on a battleship!!! was supposed to be "Arms & Abs" today but I went late yesterday afternoon and banged Arms out...just forgot to post it.
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    gam3rguy wrote: »
    I just did one of those 2 hour "Spartan workout tour" routines. it was on the deck of the USS New Jersey. yup...burpees on a battleship!!! was supposed to be "Arms & Abs" today but I went late yesterday afternoon and banged Arms out...just forgot to post it.

AWESOME!!
  • mandipandi75
    mandipandi75 Posts: 6,036 Member
    Options
    New to the 40's "club" and getting back on track.
  • entwife
    entwife Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    me too Mandi :)
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    Shoulders=DONE! feelin' it after all those push ups and burpees yesterday. :)
  • gam3rguy
    edited October 2015
    Options
    hmkp5l7817bl.jpg
    that's me, second row, 4th from the right, blue sleeves. yes it was wet and a bit nippy out...we got it done anyway.
  • allenpriest
    allenpriest Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    Was out with my boy scouts this weekend. We went to a Civil War reenactment. Weather was wet and chilly. Of course today is beautiful. Still it was a good time.
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    today is a "rest" day. I have to go back to work today, after 5 days off. well, at least i'll get my 3DS back. stupid "building emergency".
  • sdereski
    Options
    @gam3rguy - that picture is freakin' awesome!
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,943 Member
    Options
    I have caught a cold. I only slept about 4 hours last night. So, I am going to rest up....will lift tomorrow!

Can't wait!

BOOM!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    Chest & Tris=DONE!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    sdereski wrote: »
    @gam3rguy - that picture is freakin' awesome!
    thanks. yea, that was a fun day. would SO do it again!

• sdereski
    Options
    Hey cool kids.
    Beeps, hope you are feeling better today.
    Did Zumba and my circuit training yesterday and felt okay. Didn't seem to have the strength I had on Friday, when it came to some of the strength exercises, but I still managed to work up a good sweat.
    Ran today after not running for 3 weeks. Did 6km - slow and steady and felt pretty good. No SOB, no burning muscles, all good signs.

Was in training all day today. I scored by getting into the group with all the big ego guys. UGH! I so dislike when they don't even have the decency to pretend to acknowledge your input. You would think they would get it when EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. the instructor reiterated what I had said as correct in our group discussions. : :#
    Back at it tomorrow for another half day.

• Beeps2011
    Options
    I lifted today! I feel great!!

BOOM!
  • larrodarro
    larrodarro Posts: 2,512 Member
    Options
    Hey Cool Kids. I kind of lifted today. If you count tearing down a wall in an old concrete block corn crib. I've decided to build an underground camp on the pond land, and the crib is right by the drive going in. {Several years ago a big oak took out the corner of the crib and it's been just sitting there unused ever since.} One thing led to another, and a couple hours after nailing down a good location with some elevation change, I had 76 blocks stacked on site. I've tore down the easy wall, so the ones that are left will be an adventure. Two of them have what is left of the tin roof on them. I'll have to shore it up somehow in order to pull the blocks out of the wall.

I had been thinking how cool it would be to dig the hole out by hand, since the garden is playing out and I'll need something to do with my time. But after a couple hours lugging block up the hill, the tractor is sounding like a good alternative. At least to get me started.

You guys have a good one,

Larro
  • 3furballs
    3furballs Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Bought myself a heart rate monitor and it's cool but I guess it's not really going to be very accurate for figuring out calories burn so I'm thinking of returning it.

Anyone have a good app that would work with a blue tooth enabled monitor? Maybe if I have a better app to use I'll like it better?

Hit up Kickboxing last night and kettlebell tonight, got ambitious and did the last half of Kickboxing too. I'm now walking to and from work since my bikes gear shift pulled out of the housing. Haven't had a chance to try and figure out how to fix it and Tha bike isn't worth having someone fix it so I'm not sure what will happen there.

Put my list together for thanksgiving dinner on Saturday too. Don't think I'll be hitting my goal!
  • allenpriest
    allenpriest Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    Heading out to Las Vegas tomorrow to work a major chess tournament. There are about 40 directors at my level in the US and 10 or so of us are working this event. 10 more less experienced directors round out the staff to manage 700+ players. I'm working the floor so I'm going to be walking a bunch. That should offset not being able to manage my calories as easily.
  • d3vilynn
    d3vilynn Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I would love to join. A tiny bit about me. I'm 46, three grown boys and a four year old boy. I was 30 pounds over weight when I got pregnant. I lost my pregnancy weight but not the rest. The stress of the last year had helped my gain 20 more. I don't have any health problems except for maybe depression but I want to get in better shape and lose 50 or so pounds. I started c25k a few days ago and I love it! I have always wanted to run and now I'm working up to it.
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    LEGS! DONE!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Lifting done. BOOM!