40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Beeps and Sdereski, glad to hear you are both feeling better and are starting back into your fitness routines.

• alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    In Miami96uqf3mphusj.jpeg
    123zue88umas.jpeg
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,939 Member
    Options
    Beautiful photos, Alf!

Thanks, sdereski, for the help. I like your thoughts. I am going to try it!

Happy Thanksgiving to all who celebrate today (like me).

BOOM!
  • CandynKS
    CandynKS Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm new to this group. I've let myself gain way too much weight this year so I'm actively trying to lose that weight. I did great one week and lost 2 lbs, so I know logging my food and exercise works. I have a gym membership that I use at least once a week. I make plans to go more but that doesn't always happen. I am hopeful that chatting with people going through the same struggle as me will help me stay more motivated.
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    LEGS! DONE!
  • allenpriest
    allenpriest Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    Headed home. Worn out. Too little sleep. Lots of walking. Wonder what happened to my weight over this last week?
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    I am finding it so difficult to lose weight now. I'm 45 at 184 pounds. I joined a gym 9 months ago. Although, I haven't gained any weight, I haven't lost any either. I count calories and try to exercise 4 days a week. I don't understand why it's not giving me results.

Are you losing inches? Start lifting weights if you are not already. Lots of heavy weights!
  • sdereski
    Options
    3furballs wrote: »
    Two days of feasting! At least I did kettlebell and Kickboxing yesterday.

Gah! You did better than I. Two days of feasting and NO exercise other than cooking and cleaning. Cleansing today and back to clean eating tomorrow!
  • sdereski
    Options
    Beautiful pictures Alf!

Beeps, keep us posted on how it goes with your daughter.

Wonderful thanksgiving weekend here, but lots of eating. I didn't do too bad on Saturday, but at my dinner on Sunday, after spending an ENTIRE day in the kitchen, I started out well, then....dessert. :(

The Remembering Mike was a lovely Christmas lunch. Each table had a card with one of Mike's favourite quotes, and at each place setting another beautifully handcrafted card (by her BIL) with "Remembering Mine" on it, with the quote "What the caterpiller calls the end of life, the master calls a butterfly". Then at the bottom "Joy~Balance~Harmony~Grace~Peace" Each of Mike's windows in her adorable little home, had a wooden valance with each of those words stenciled on it. It was so "Mike". :)
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Lifting done. BOOM!
  • wendyholley73
    wendyholley73 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hello All,

I would love to join this group, I am 42 and since having my kids I have found myself going up and down with my weight. Now I'm in my 40's I'm scared I won't ever get down to my goal weight.
    With support I'm hoping I will get there.

Please feel free to add me as a friend xx
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    Closer to 47 now.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    I am a few weeks from 47, myself!:)
  • allenpriest
    allenpriest Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    Beeps2011 wrote: »
    I am a few weeks from 47, myself!:)

Just kids! Sigh. ;)
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    Back & Bis=Done!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Yeah, I got mylifting done today, too. BOOM.

Am watching th Blue Jays...that seventh inning was sweet, sweet, SWEET!
  • larrodarro
    larrodarro Posts: 2,512 Member
    Options
    I have thought about cutting my yard more often. But then where would all the spiders hang out on a foggy morn?

03t4ctfth2hp.jpg

I spent a few hours at my campsite today. Mostly cutting trees. Some for tractor access, some for improved pond view.

i7vflrlsbalf.jpg
    fc6dl029d53c.jpg

• gam3rguy
    Options
    "Total Body"=DONE!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Sounds like "work", larro....ummmm, no.

It is "rest" day for me, today....3 days of lifting, in a row, has left its toll. Tomorrow I will lift. Saturday is cardio.

BOOM-ZOOM.
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "rest" day...let's see how that goes. (O.o)