40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• locoindijane
    locoindijane Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi all Im 42 , joined MFP in Aug this year. Live in Sydney Australia where summer is just beginning to set in. Managed to lose 2 pounds so far. It's been a slow steady and sometimes frustrating journey. Reading this thread has been a real inspiration!
  • angrydads
    angrydads Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Hi all Im 42 , joined MFP in Aug this year. Live in Sydney Australia where summer is just beginning to set in. Managed to lose 2 pounds so far. It's been a slow steady and sometimes frustrating journey. Reading this thread has been a real inspiration!

Awesome and keep it going... Everyday you win is a step forward no matter how small the win. It's a journey, not a race. Patience and staying with it will continue to pay off... Good luck
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,939 Member
    Options
    Look at my logging streak!!!

aodt9xvduvdp.png
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    WOW! great streak Beeps!!!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    Chest & Tris=Done!
  • shroodle88
    shroodle88 Posts: 123 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Thanks, gam3r!

Lifting done. BOOM!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    LEGS! DONE!
  • 3furballs
    3furballs Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Well tonight is kettlebell followed by a Leo Loucks focus pad seminar/workout, should be interesting!
  • allenpriest
    allenpriest Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    Dad getting settled, and I am getting back to my regular routine.
  • 2wise4u
    2wise4u Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I'll be 45 in December and with regular workouts and my steady weight loss, I have more energy than I did 10 years ago. BOOM! :wink:
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Lifting done. BOOM!
  • 3furballs
    Options
    Well i skipped kettlebell which is good because the focus pad seminar was a killer hour of a workout.
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    Total Body "lucky-7" circuits=Done!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Great job 3furballs and gam3rguy.

We seem to have 'lost" so many REGULARS!!

curiousgeorge
    larrodarro

etc.
    etc.

I hope everyone is doing well and shows up really soon!

I have lifted everyday this week....am feeling a bit sore, but just wanting to keep plowing through.

BOOM!
  • allenpriest
    allenpriest Posts: 1,102 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    3furballs wrote: »
    Well i skipped kettlebell which is good because the focus pad seminar was a killer hour of a workout.

What is a focus pad seminar?
  • 3furballs
    Options
    There is a guy, Leo Loucks, ex cop, who trains kick boxers and you partner up and take turns punching or holding the focus pads so you can work on your techniques and tactics for fighting (not that I get in the ring). My partner was a16 year old 6' tall kid who fights in tournements. I kept up but I was huffing and puffing and he didn't even break a sweat!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    Back & Bis=Done!
    supposed to be a rest day, but I need to move that to Saturday as I will be working from 9AM 'til midnight tomorrow, then back in at 7AM on Saturday. been a long time since I've done that, and it will suck...but OT's pretty rare these days.
  • GillianSmith2
    GillianSmith2 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Hi I am 43 I am trying to loose weight and get fitter. I have upped my exercise to 5 times per week for 1 hour per day. I do kickboxing, kickboxercise, circuit training, weights and walking. I started this journey only 6 days ago and I am finding it really helpful logging all my exercise and food, and also reading these posts. I have always been a yoyo dieter, managing to loose the weight but never keep it off. Hopefully with the help of this site I will do it this time. Just one question..... how often do you weigh yourselves????
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    from Saturday's event! that's not bird poop on my pants...this time. ;P it's just paint (boring).

aprqez4ka6kz.jpg

yxe23bd2rxqy.jpg

tbqbr7djbwkm.jpg