40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• Nataliegetfit
    Nataliegetfit Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    My niece and her husband had their first baby this morning. I am so happy for them. My sisters first grand baby and my mom's first great grand baby. So happy for them. Bought a few gluten and dairy free things to try some new recipes for my daughter. Hopefully things turn out good. Man, that stuff is pricy.
    Hope you all have had a good hump day.
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    Bis & Tris=Done!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,994 Member
    Options
    I have had morning events wed and thurs, so no workouts. I will lift friday and cardio on saturday. We are having our (belated) thanksgiving supper on saturday...I think 12- or 13- for supper. Turkey = yum!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "FOCUS T25 Alpha: Ab Intervals"=Done! I did "ok"...didn't "nail it" though.
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Beeps, your husband's cousin and hubby look great! Are you next?

Thanks everyone for the well wishes, still no answers. Trying to get some testing scheduled. Military health care isn't the greatest unfortunately. In the meantime I'm still trying to do my workouts around it but it's not the same of course. I've tried to focus on eating better but it hasn't been successful.

Sdereski, glad to hear you are feeling better. Way to go on your workouts!!

Gidgitgoescrazy, welcome! You are one busy lady!!! Congrats on your weightloss!

Denelifet, good for you for setting your goals!!!! Fitness competition has been on the back of my mind but not sure I have the nerves to do it. LOL Good luck!!!

Take care everyone!!!!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    Shoulders=Done!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "FOCUS T25 Alpha: Lower Focus"=Done. not to bad...I'll call that one "Nailed".

"FOCUS T25 Alpha: Cardio"=Done! aaaaand "nailed"! triple banger for me today! ain't doin' SQUAT tomorrow!
  • allenpriest
    allenpriest Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    Out with scouts this weekend.
  • larrodarro
    larrodarro Posts: 2,512 Member
    Options
    Hey Cool Kids. I've been doing the same ole, same ole. I worked in my garden and dug some on my camp. But I did do a little cob work today. I was putting a chimney on my Fox stove. It will need to dry for at least a week, then some touch up work, but I was pleased with how it turned out.

3gew3icv6ykq.jpg

Here are the numbers for the week. 20.1% Body Fat, 23.4 BMI & 167.8 Pounds, a gain of 0.5 pounds for the week.

Welcome to the new guys and hello to everyone else. You guys have a good one,

Larro
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    No, Alf, no bodybuilding competitions for me....
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    no lifting or cardio today. this time next week is my Spartan stadium sprint!!!
  • 3furballs
    3furballs Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Kickboxing twice this week, kettlebell twice, HIIT once and self defence once plus ealing to work. I'm actually curing down a bit. I've been aiming to figure out my TDEE and then cut so I'm relaxing a bit on working out. Really just cutting out 2 kickboxing classes partially due to schedule and wanting at least one night during the week at home.
  • tamj73
    tamj73 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm 42 and been up and down all m life! I'm on my way down now but I've stated weight training and now I've gained. Anyone else? If so how long did that gain last before you started losing again?
  • Missmissy0003
    Missmissy0003 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 45 and believe age is just a number. I have 3 children (5 and under). I did great after my second baby and got to my ideal weight when I first discovered MFP. After baby number 3, i'm not doing as well. I know I will get there though.
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    Chest & Tris=Done!
  • beagletracks
    beagletracks Posts: 6,034 Member
    Options
    Continuing to be impressed by the fitness habits of 40+ cool kids! I'm getting stronger and still moving the scale in the right direction. I'm very gradually increasing the intensity of my workouts and looking forward to the day I can handle the level of intensity some of you guys describe. Hope everyone is well. Thanks for the inspiration!
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Happy Sunday!!!! My plan is to do some swimming today. Hopefully it won't aggravate my leg/foot issue. X-rays will be taken tomorrow. Ugh!!!
  • allenpriest
    allenpriest Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    I understand the comment but I don't want to approach the intensity of others exercise. I want the level that helps me lose weight and maintain strength. See part of my weight loss issues have been thinking I need to be like someone else. I just need to be me and works for me. My goals need to be all mine and no one else's. I'm losing just for me.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    "Comparison is the thief of joy", allenpriest. You know this. Keep doing what works for you.

BOOM!