40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    I golfed on Wednesday. I don't normally think of golf as exercise because it is so slow, but I do walk the course and I do pull my clubs. Yesterday I lifted again. Did upper body and core work. My back is still smarting from a tweak I had lifting a couple of weeks ago. Seems to get better, then just a slight move in a certain direction and it starts to hurt again.

Welcome to the new comers!

What is barre? I see that often, and have no idea what that is. Seems to be a popular workout.

We got a call about my husband's bike - it needs two new wheels at a tune of $1500! :# Yikes!!
  • ftmfrank73
    ftmfrank73 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    BettyM1017 wrote: »
    It was brutally hot today. The goal was a 4-mile recovery run. Sadly, I gassed out at 2 miles but pushed for another ½ mile before walking the last 1 ½ miles. On the positive side, I managed to hatch a Pokemon egg. I also tackled P90X3 Agility X (I had to make up for not doing it on Tuesday) and The Challenge (6/15). Time to cool off and refuel before work.

Still playing Pokemon ha ha. Keep pushing on
  • nelja
    nelja Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Djproulx wrote: »
    nelja wrote: »
    Did 9568 steps,30.7km cycling and 24 flights of stairs yesterday.

I'm tired just thinking about walking up 24 flights of stairs! Wow.
    Thanks,every hour I walk a few. Because of my broken hip,i may not sit that long,then it starts to hurt.Now making the most of it,and do some walking and climbing stairs.

• msjac23
    msjac23 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I would like to join. I'm 52, I do not take any medication and want to keep it that way. I am trying to lose some weight. I am a vegetarian. I walk at least 40 minutes a day.
  • dcwick89
    dcwick89 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Damn you Buffalo Chicken Dip for tasting SO Good!!!!!!
  • BettyM1017
    BettyM1017 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    P90X3 The Warrior and a 4-mile Interval run...DONE!
  • __TMac__
    __TMac__ Posts: 1,665 Member
    Options
    So, on Thursday, I was supposed to run 3 m easy, and accidentally ran 3 m fast. Today, I was supposed to run 4 m easy. I measured wrong and ran 4.6 m easy. :-/
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Options
    TmacMMM wrote: »
    So, on Thursday, I was supposed to run 3 m easy, and accidentally ran 3 m fast. Today, I was supposed to run 4 m easy. I measured wrong and ran 4.6 m easy. :-/

Maybe a running watch would help?
  • pattimoulton
    pattimoulton Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi just turned 42 this past tuesday... this is going to be the year of me.... the year i get healthy: physically, emotionally and financially! Heres to losing 60 pounds!
  • __TMac__
    Options
    Djproulx wrote: »

Maybe a running watch would help?

Yeah. I've been resisting it, but maybe it's time.
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    "FOCUS T25 Stretch"=Done!
  • __TMac__
    Options
    @Djproulx or anyone else -- Have you had any experience with the Garmin 920xt?
  • nnd001
    nnd001 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. How do I join? Just turned 42. On a weight loss journey ...have 45 lbs to goal weight. I lose some then fall off the wagon and gain some back. Would really like to get to the 125-130 range, but at the moment even losing a solid 10 lbs would be great!
  • __TMac__
    Options
    nnd001 wrote: »
    Hi everyone. How do I join? Just turned 42. On a weight loss journey ...have 45 lbs to goal weight. I lose some then fall off the wagon and gain some back. Would really like to get to the 125-130 range, but at the moment even losing a solid 10 lbs would be great!

You just did! Welcome!
  • nnd001
    Options
    Super. Thanks. Anyone else here with that much to lose? I've started indoor rowing recently
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    @Djproulx or anyone else -- Have you had any experience with the Garmin 920xt?

I have the 920Xt with chest strap HRM and love it. Use it for training every day. IMK If you have questions.
  • __TMac__
    Options
    @Djproulx -- Well, there y'are then. Reviews were good; features seem to be as needed. Ordered it. I'll let you know if I have questions when it arrives.

The plan today was for 5m on the treadmill, but I delayed and the Y was closed when I arrived. So I did laps around a local lake. Hilly trail run, though, so I shortened it to 3.5m.
  • nnd001
    Options
    Amazing how emotional state can have an impact on diet / food choices. Had an emotional call with my mom this morning and basically ended up taking my stress out in my eating and also didn't exercise. Very poor choices on my part but when I look at my log I may have gone over my daily calorie goal by about 1300 Cals (my daily goal is 1200). Figure writing it here would make me feel appropriately guilty. Kind of terrible really - I should have better control.
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    "FOCUS T25 Alpha: Cardio"=Done!