40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• larrodarro
    larrodarro Posts: 2,512 Member
    Options
    mmontanez4 wrote: »
    Hi
    I would like to join the group. Please let me know how.

I'm a mom of 2 been on MFP since 2011 lost 59 pounds. Still need support maintaining weight loss.

Look forward to being part of the group

Thanks
    Michele

You are in. Just start talking.

Congratulation on the loss. I've been at or below my goal weight for about a year and a half. Now I'm struggling to gain that extra five pounds I lost.
  • 3furballs
    3furballs Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Man, out and about with the family and we're all hungry so where do we stop? Mc Donalds! Haven't been in years and now they only have 2 salads? Grilled chicken and bacon wrap wasn't too bad taste wise but he'll calories!
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    Hi all, out of town for a work conference, the had B&B guests as soon as I arrived home. Am finally getting unpacked and the house back in order as we are leaving again on Thursday.

@beeps - gorgeous gift! Bracelets are my thing. Can never have too many.
    @gam3rguy - that race looked like a blast!
    @larrodarro - the stove / chimney looks pretty cool.
    @3furballs - you certainly do some cool workouts.

Hate the early dark now that the time has gone back an hour. I do most of my workouts after work, so now it's back to wearing a headlamp.
    It was a very rainy halloween in these parts, however, my granddaughter still had a blast. She was a beautiful little fairy. <3
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    Chest & Tris=Done!
  • allenpriest
    allenpriest Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    I'm starting a stretch where every weekend except one through the end of the year has some travel. UGH
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "FOCUS T25 Alpha: Cardio"=Done! well...that's deceptive. looks "easy", but i'm soaked right now.
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,939 Member
    Options
    allenpriest - i like travel....but lots of people don't like (work) travel.

Furballs - i quite like mcdonald's salads....and even chicken mcnuggets are decent (calorie-wise) in a pinch.

I lifted today. Happy Birthday to me!

Tonight = steak.

BOOM!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    LEGS=DONE!
  • allenpriest
    allenpriest Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    I like travel but I'm a bit overscheduled.
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!!!! Lots of posts!!! Welcome to the new members!

Once again, I'm "injured". This is so frustrating!!! My lower right leg down to my foot is numb. I have a medical appt today, I'm guessing I will be getting the run around. I keep going though... I ended October with a 2-3lb gain that I need to address ASAP!!! I don't want to end the year with the usual 5-10lb Holiday gain.

Have a wonderful day!!!!!
  • Nataliegetfit
    Nataliegetfit Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Oh no alf, Hope your injury is quick to heal. I have been doing the same ole thing around here, nothing too exciting. Glad to hear most everyone is doing well.
    I found a used weight bench and weights on craigs list, my hubby is bringing it home tonight as long as nothing is wrong with it. I am excited and nervous and trying to clean a spot in the cellar for it to go. I am checking into some lifting groups on here for info. I am hoping to tone up and loose the belly area. Hopefully be able to eat a little more and do less cardio. We will see how it goes. Keep up the good work everyone.
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "FOCUS T25 Alpha: Speed 1.0"=Done! well, that one was kinda fun. bet I won't be saying that about "2.0". still soaked!!!
  • denelifet
    denelifet Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm new....43 yrs old....looking to drop maybe around 20 lbs and put on more muscle this winter...

my main goal is to scratch off my bucket list my very first figure competition (bodybuilding)....but between injuries, surgeries, divorce, loss of job, etc.....well, I allowed bad eating, lack of exercise and a lot of drinking to get in the way of my dream...so fat I am.

Now it's head down to the grind and plowing ahead....figure competition is what I want and I will stop at NOTHING till I achieve it...hoping to compete spring/summer of 2016.

for anyone interested: 43 yr old female, height 5'10"

Oct 3 = SW 195, size 12 jeans

Oct 31 = CW 187, still size 12 but now a very tight size 10 (haha suck it in and squeeeeeeze)

• Beeps2011
    Options
    Good luck, dene! My husband's cousin competed in her first figure competition last weekend.

She is 49 and she placed 4th in an "all ages" category.

She looked awesome!

glsnhpfneuw5.jpeg
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Cousin and her husband (also competing....) on-stage:

6yjctcb1ab4n.jpeg
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    BACK! DONE!
  • beagletracks
    beagletracks Posts: 6,035 Member
    Options
    Beeps2011 wrote: »
    Good luck, dene! My husband's cousin competed in her first figure competition last weekend.

She is 49 and she placed 4th in an "all ages" category.

She looked awesome!

glsnhpfneuw5.jpeg

Wow!!! Great inspiration, @Beeps2011! She does indeed look awesome! :)
  • Gidgitgoescrazy
    Gidgitgoescrazy Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    Hi there Everyone, Im new here, 44 yrs old, I've been on my journey for 30 days now, 5 pds down so far, but I'll take it ! :) I want to lose about 60pds, that would put me around 130, but I'll reevaluate as I get closer.... I work full time, and sit on my butt all day, then I go to school full time too, so I sit on my butt for that also. I have Spondy and some disk issues, About 2 months ago I got really really tired of the pain, so I worked with a PT for a while, and we made up a pretty good program to keep them in check, and now I am actually working on adding weight to my program, it's just sooooo slowww because keeping those core muscles engaged is HARD ! lol
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "FOCUS T25 Alpha: Total Body Circuit"=DONE! that was HARD and I did NOT "nail it". :s
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

New circuit training routine started yesterday. We used the medicine ball for the entire workout. It was tough, but really good. I asked for more strength and less cardio. At least one session of full weights and the other mixed. We'll see. My partner likes the mix, but I told her if we want to change our shape, we need WEIGHTS!

@beeps - your husband's cousin does look amazing. looks like she has almost 0% body fat.

@alf1163 - sorry to hear you are injured once again! Hope you get some answers.

@3furballs - I know McD's are starting to introduce "healthier" options, but you're right - still high in calories! I do enjoy their non fat lattes. Normally, I take my coffee black, so those are a real treat. :)

My heart tests all came back normal, so I don't require any follow up! However, the episodes I did have are puzzling. Haven't had any issues in a few weeks.

welcome newcomers!