Replies

• Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,939 Member
    Options
    That looks like a ton of fun!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Lifting is done. I went to an HiIT class, with weights. Looked like a bunch of poor-form semi-crossfit shyte, basically.

No wonder all those people's bodies look exactly the same in week 24 as they did in week 1.

Poor misguided folks....why are group-class go'ers so afraid to learn (and do) heavy lifting?!?!

Anyway, a BOOM for me!! :)
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    Beeps2011 wrote: »
    That looks like a ton of fun!
    it WAS fun. recommended! I intend to do it again next year, possibly at the Jersey shore!!

• allenpriest
    allenpriest Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options

Just one question..... how often do you weigh yourselves????

I don't weigh but once a week or so. I can feel the clothes loosening up. There can be weird fluctuations day to dsy
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    Shoulders & Abs=Done!
  • webbeyes
    webbeyes Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Howdy everyone: long time, no see. To say that life's been busy since 1-AUG would an understatement, so my visits to MFP have been ... well, non-existent. My summer calendar looked like this:

- May 13: cannot run more than .5km
    - July 18: Complete 7km + obstacle "BadAss Dash"
    - Aug 2: elderly mom decides it's time to sell house and move into Sr Apartment
    - Aug 6: fly to mom's, get her signed up for Sr Apartment
    - Aug 13: new baby born (it's a girl!)
    - Aug 30: fly to mom's, pack up 1/4 of her house, and move her to Sr Apartment; prepare her house for market
    - Sep 2: fly home, just in time to get mother-in-law to airport for her to fly home
    - Sep 11: accept offer on mom's home
    - Sep 13: 5km run for Humane Society + baby is 1 month old!
    - Sep 26: conditions finalized for sale of house ... new owner takes possession 2-OCT!
    - Sep 30: fly to mom's, pack, clear, clean, move the rest of the stuff in <2 days
    - Oct 2: fly home
    - Oct 8: 5km run for United Way + LAST RUN OF THE YEAR!
    - Oct 9: DRIVE 9hrs to mom's with 2 ten year-olds and an infant
    - Oct 12: drive home through holiday traffic
    - Oct 13: baby is 2 months old!

All this with day job, run-training, teaching 2 courses at university, kids activities, and normal "life".

I'm back at the weight that I was when I started trying to *gain* 2 years ago - so it's back to the drawing board. I've designed workout plans, took baseline muscle/fat measurements (which I'll have to repeat because that was now 3 weeks ago), and pretty soon I'll actually stop to breathe.

Hope you all are well!
  • 3furballs
    3furballs Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Holy moly webbeyes, thats a crazy schedule! Congrats on the baby though! Just thinking about how much I miss the baby day snuggles, but I got to snuggle with my 6 year old in bed before we got up this morning at least!

gam3rguy that does look like fun!

Beeps, for some people they need a push from the energy around them. I love my kickboxing, kettlebell, self defence and combat conditioning classes because having others around gives me a boost and makes me push. That said, there are no half assessed classes but that could be because our instructors are also trainers and gold medal winners so they don't do anything half assessed and they expect you to put your all into it. Sorry the class was a disappointment. I would like to lift heavier but I don't have a lot of equipment at home and can't afford a gym membership on top of the other memberships.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Yeah, I too like group classes. But I really don't like "bad form".

It is a good point that at least the people are AT the gym. So many people just don't exercise at all.

I lifted five days in a row!

And am celebrating my birthday tonight with my husband as he is out of town for my actual birthday next week.

He gave me a sparkly gift!!! :)

88je9ch85amr.jpg
  • Feltham66
    Feltham66 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Count me in!
  • beagletracks
    beagletracks Posts: 6,035 Member
    Options
    Hi there. I'm 42 and trying to lose about 80 pounds. I walk my dogs for about an hour each day but need to do more. Thanks for the thread! Looking forward to learning from all of you!

My hips have been aching lately. Do any of you have aching joints? Advice?

Also had my first (and I hope ONLY) experience with ciatica last week. So freaking painful! Went away with heat and stretching. Do any of you do workouts for ciatica relief or avoidance? Thank you. :)
  • larrodarro
    larrodarro Posts: 2,512 Member
    Options
    Hey guys. I've been on the run all week. Margie was out of town, so I was going to spend all my time at the camp, but the garden still had to be picked, and the grass had to be mowed. Then had office relief yesterday, so really didn't get that much done at the camp. Did get my Fox stove lined with cob {clay, sand, straw and water} and started working on the chimney. My first time working with cob, and I felt I did pretty good. But I found out it's a good workout mixing the mud.

rf5i5bofcfld.jpg

Happy birthday Beeps.

Welcome to the new guys and hello to everyone else,

Larro

PS: Here are the numbers for the week: 20.1% Body Fat, 23.4 BMI & 167.3 Pounds. That is a gain of 1.2 pounds.
  • 3furballs
    Options
    Beeps, happy birthday! Nice bling!

Peppermint I've had problems with ciatica before and have found just beat, stretching and massage help.
  • beagletracks
    Options
    Thanks, @3furballs! Do you have three pets? I have four beagles who keep me very busy. :)
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    No workout today. A rest day.

And a lot of halloween candy tonight!

Sometimes ya just gotta stop and smell roses. :)
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    rest day...sort of.
  • beagletracks
    Options
    I don't think I'm in the same league as you guys, but a good day for me: 70 minutes walking the beags on a beautiful, sunny morning; 30-minutes low-impact aerobics; and 15 minutes free weights.

Have eaten four treat-size bags of Swedish Fish... ;)
  • 3furballs
    Options
    Peppermint, I used to have three cats but they passed away (one was 14, one was 18 and one was 19). We just very recently adopted 2 kittens.
  • 3furballs
    Options
    I feel over 2.5 hours trick or treating in the cold damp had earned me some candy!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    total body "Lucky-7"=DONE!

happy (early) b-day Beeps!
  • mmontanez4
    mmontanez4 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi
    I would like to join the group. Please let me know how.

I'm a mom of 2 been on MFP since 2011 lost 59 pounds. Still need support maintaining weight loss.

Look forward to being part of the group

Thanks
    Michele