Replies

• gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    "FOCUS T25 Stretch"=Done!
  • riffraff2112
    riffraff2112 Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    just did a 6km speed walk with the wife. Awesome sunday morning. I'll hit home gym tonight after a relaxing afternoon.
    Speaking of which...here is my new space..pretty proud of it.
  • riffraff2112
    riffraff2112 Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
  • glosser24
    glosser24 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am 47 year old woman with 2 grown kids and a 22 month old granddaughter. I travel 100% of the time for work and have put my career ahead of myself including my eating habits and health. I have been working with a personal trainer for 6 weeks now. And have lost 22 lbs so far. My struggle is my eating habits. She had me on a strict lean meat and certain veggie only. She has incorporated a few things like oatmeal 2 times a week. I have 2 days a week I can have good carbs but only for breakfast and lunch. No breads and no sugar.

Any advice? Suggestions?

• larrodarro
    larrodarro Posts: 2,512 Member
    Options
    glosser24 wrote: »
    Hi! I am 47 year old woman with 2 grown kids and a 22 month old granddaughter. I travel 100% of the time for work and have put my career ahead of myself including my eating habits and health. I have been working with a personal trainer for 6 weeks now. And have lost 22 lbs so far. My struggle is my eating habits. She had me on a strict lean meat and certain veggie only. She has incorporated a few things like oatmeal 2 times a week. I have 2 days a week I can have good carbs but only for breakfast and lunch. No breads and no sugar.

Any advice? Suggestions?

Green beans, mixed veggies and stir-fry can become your best friends. Back when I was losing I had some combination of them at least two meals per day {along with some lean protein}. They are easy to prepare and taste very good. I use frozen when the garden is out of season.

Now that I'm trying to gain back that extra five pounds I lost, I do eat bread and other carby food, but I gave most of it up when I was losing.

Good Luck,

Larro
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    LEGS=DONE!
  • allenpriest
    allenpriest Posts: 1,102 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Getting ready to travel again. I should be able to keep eating properly on this trip.
  • ecjim
    ecjim Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    I'm definitely over 40 - can I play ? - Eastcoast Jim
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "FOCUS T25 Alpha: Cardio"=Done! that was rough after doing legs this morning, but..."nailed it"!
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,994 Member
    Options
    Cool workout space, riffraff!

• Beeps2011
    Options
    Today is my 20-week countdown start.

So, of course I lifted!

And, I am logging my calories.

AND, to MAKE sure that I am "on-track" for the next 20 weeks, I approached an acquaintance of mine who is going to do a daily "text check" to make sure I have weighed in and am following my calorie-cut.

Compliance is key. I need to be compliant to make strides.
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    BACK! DONE! :p
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    I got my lifting done, today. BOOM!

And, I stayed right on track with my calories.

I feel VERY IN CHARGE right now....that "mood" doesn't stick around long....so, while it IS HERE, I am really going to make hay while the sun shines. Keep lifting. Decrease eating. Log. Weigh. Repeat.
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "FOCUS T25 Alpha: Total Body Circuit"=Done! i did MUCH better this week! ALMOST "nailed it", but not quite. ran out of steam on those pike ups, so I slowed it down...then picked it back up on the singles! the last set of oblique push ups were also at a slower pace.
  • allenpriest
    Options
    Eating while traveling.
    Stopped at a buffet place for dinner. Completely filled my plate - with broccoli, green beans, peas, corn & small baked potato. Filled a second plate - with salad w/ a little dressing and some cottage cheese.
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    Bis & Tris=DNE!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "FOCUS T25 Alpha: Speed 1.0"=DONE! "it" is the "nailed"!
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Yep, another year gone by. I'm 52! I'm also a veteran so double celebration! I'll continue my good eating habits tomorrow!!!

Beeps, what is the countdown for? Your fitness competition?
  • allenpriest
    Options
    Chemical officer. USAR. Commissioned 1982. Separated 1990. Platoon leader. XO. company commander. Detachment commander. Got really tired. Started having kids and decided I had done my duty.