40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    they posted pics from Saturday's Spartan!
    hwo5a4g4z3mk.jpg
    mno69jkutpoy.jpg
    txg7xew4hye8.jpg
    b98487mxi245.jpg
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,994 Member
    Options
    Great photos!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    Beeps2011 wrote: »
    Great photos!
    thanks. it was a lot of fun. :)

• gam3rguy
    Options
    BACK=DONE!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    I did my lifting today.....three days in a row, so Thursday will be "rest".

I am re-dedicating myself to a better eating plan. I can't cut so low that I am dropping 2 lbs per week or anything like that.....but, I really do want to be trim. So, even 0.75 lbs loss, per week, should get me there. No time limit. Just recognizing that I don't need to eat at night. I don't need added sugar. I can drink more water. I can eat 2/3 of a plate (rather than the whole plate). That kind of stuff.

BOOM!
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    Hello cool kids! Just finished reading and getting caught up with everyone.

Welcome to the new Cool Kids!
    @beeps-great job on the lifting / eating plan. Sounds like you are doing well.
    @gam3rguy - great photos! Congrats on a successful race. Glad to hear the ankle is feeling better.
    @alf1163 - Belated Happy Birthday!

Back from vacation and got into things full swing immediately. We arrived home on Friday night. Had a house concert at the B&B on Saturday, so baking and reorganizing furniture to fit the musician and all her gear. Also kept my date with my granddaughter on Saturday for dance and lunch. I told her I had visited a place where the mermaids live (ocean) and her eyes just about popped out of her head. Ironically, the house we rented was called "The Three Mermaids Cottage". She asked if I saw any mermaids.I told her "no", but I did find all sorts of beautiful sea shells, which I brought back for her. <3

Sunday, a hike and dinner with friends for a g/f's Bday.
    Monday, it was back to work and exercise classes / runs. Did both.
    Have B&B guests and another booking (including dinner) on Sunday.
    We're planning a fish fry for the family on Saturday and making perogies with my MIL on Sunday.

My half marathon went really well. Much better than I had anticipated. It was slower than I normally run, but considering how I had been feeling and the set backs in my training, I was pleased. Felt great the entire race (YAY), ran the whole course. The end result was:

Finish Time - 2:18
    1148 / 2243 finishers
    602 / 1442 Women
    24 / 108 in my age group. :smile:
  • allenpriest
    allenpriest Posts: 1,102 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    My elderly father is so supportive. Well not so much.

He told today I was too fat and needed to lose weight. Yeah I know. After 23 months and 117 instill need to lose 80-100 more. But dang it give me a freaking break.
    Yes he is old and along the path to dementia. But he was this way before he started losing it.

Thank goodness he has the resources to pay for his care. If he had to in with us I'd end up divorced, dead or in jail before too long. UGH!

OK done venting.
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    well done on the 1/2 marathon sdereski! :)

Bis & Tris=DONE! mixed it up today. burning and can barely type this right now! :s
  • sdereski
    edited November 2015
    Options
    @allenpriest - you have done extremely well! Unfortunately, some people will always see the glass as "half empty". You are better than that.
    @gam3rguy - thanks! You are one bad *kitten* with those workouts.

Strength training class last night. HOOOLEEE! I was drenched by the time I was done. And to think I was going to miss it. :)

Gales of November are blowing full force. Knocked the power out this morning while I was getting ready for work.
    It has been one of those mornings - dropped a bottle of perfume on the tile floor - smashed it to smithereens. Cleaned that up - in the dimness. Hair wasn't done, make up wasn't done, stumbling in my dark closet for black pants. LOL.
    Got to work - late. Got to the entrance I use, and it was locked, so am standing in the wind / rain looking for my keys, only to realize I forgot my keys. Oye!
    I am here, I have my coffee, my protein shake - it's all good now. :smile:

have a great day all.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    sdereski, great half-marathon results! Really well done!

allenpriest.....i am glad you have mfp! A safe place for you to belong in your journey to better health.

I am going to meet a contact for a coffee....hope i get a work lead out of it! Who knows?!?!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    Shoulders=Done!
  • sdereski
    Options
    Thanks Beeps! I was pleased.

The storm was vicious last night! Thought some of my log walls were going to cave it. I could feel the spray off the water up at the top of my hill! That is quite incredible gale force winds. Reminded me of the night the Edmund Fitzgerald went down. On nights like that, I wish I had a big spot light to light up the beach so I can see the water in all it's glory. This morning, it was calmer, but still great big beautiful waves! Lots of white water.

Did a great circuit training class last night, then it was off to bridge where I enjoyed of delicious homemade raspberry pie. I ate it with joy. :)
    If I make the decision to eat it, I am going to eat with joy and not guilt.

So happy it's Friday. Heading right home after work and start the housecleaning. More guests arrive and I have lots of other stuff I want to get done as well.
    Tomorrow - my date with my granddaughter. <3

Wishing everyone a great weekend.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Happy Friday!

I did get my lifting in and done. Am down 2 lbs in 2 weeks....I would like to keep that pace going, although that is doubtful.

But, if I lost another 4 lbs by end of 2015, that would put me within striking distance (of my goal) for summer, 2016.
  • allenpriest
    Options
    Traveling this weekend again. I've got something major every weekend except for one through the end of the year. Why do I do this to myself?
  • allenpriest
    Options
    It's hard to eat right and exercise when traveling. I really struggle. I haven't gained weight during these periods but my loss slowed way down. I've got a long way to go and I expect it to take a while. But seeing steady progress helps me stay the course.
  • nickpnh
    nickpnh Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Nice to see familiar names and people still working hard. @sedereski sounds beautiful. .I always drove to the ocean after storms, before kids...
    Starting work, contracting, Monday. Been out more or less since September. Hoping this gets me back on a schedule including dog walks and less time near halloween candy.
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    was supposed to be a "rest" day. made it a "core" day.
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    Chest & Tris=DONE!
  • 3furballs
    3furballs Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Today is rest day. Still working on the rest and think my TDEE is 2200 as I've gained 2lbs in the last 2 weeks. So if I'm up again next week I'll cut it back if I stay the same I'll stay with this until Jan. 1 and then do a10 or 15% cut. I've put on 10lbs over the last year. And yet my eating habits and workout hasn't changed much. Think it's a slow down of tthe metabolism with age and menopause and is so hard to find a balance between eating too stay my size but still enjoying life and having some treats and sweets.
  • allenpriest
    Options
    Managed to walk on the treadmill at the hotel each day. :smile: