40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• allenpriest
    allenpriest Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    Pretty much hit calorie goals as well. Which is, of course, easier when one exercises.
  • 3furballs
    3furballs Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    I find I'm within my calories and for the most pay I don't eat back my exercise calories.
  • allenpriest
    Options
    I'll eat back at least half and sometimes all. But my calorie target is set for a 1.5 pounds per week loss.
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    LEGS! DONE!
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,994 Member
    Options
    OK. More meetings today. No workout. I slept like crap. I am falling apart!!!
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    Busy weekend and only 1 day of workouts.
    Made perogies yesterday and had to finish up early as I was expecting B&B guests and had to make them dinner. Wonderful guests - again.
    Finish up perogies today, so will have time to get my workout in after work. Will have to make it up in housework.

@Beeps2011 - I hear ya on the sleeping like crap thing. It comes and goes for me, but, in my case, it's the ol' menopause curse happening.
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!!!! Glad to hear you are all still working hard on your goals!!!! I found out what's wrong with my leg after getting an MRI. I have Morton's neuroma in my foot which is causing the "numbness" tingling in my foot. I also have a ganglion cyst in the area near the neuroma. I also have muscle inflammation on the outer part of my lower leg, ugh!!!!! And on top of the that I have a cold so haven't been able to work out. I'm hoping December is a much better month.

Gam, nice pics!! You are a beast!!!

Beeps and 3furballs, good for you setting your goals!!

Sdereski, congrats on your half marathon!!!!

Nickp, good to hear from you again!!!

Allenpriest, keep up the good work!!!!

What are your plans for Thanksgiving? I'm hoping to feel better tomorrow so I can do at least some physical activity. Working tomorrow and Wed and off Thu/Fri. My older sister who lives in CA is coming to visit with my niece. We are celebrating on Thursday at my brother's, thank God, I don't feel like doing major cleaning and cooking. LOL

Have a wonderful day!!!!!
  • Nataliegetfit
    Nataliegetfit Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Alf, so glad you found out what's wrong with your foot, can they do anything to help it? Hope so.
    We are going to my husband's cousins house a couple miles away. I am bringing several side dishes and a couple pies. The kids her 2 and our 2 are all teenagers so they should have fun together. Jared and I have dentist after school and need to run to the grocery store too, so there will be a lot of running around in awhile here. We woke up to our first snow of the year 2". Looks pretty but I am sure will be messy.
    I hope you all have a nice week and a great Thanksgiving.
  • allenpriest
    Options
    A bunch of folks at our house. Kids, thier friends, some strays we have accumulated, dad, brother and his family, maybe some of wife's family. Small group this year-probably only around 20.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    It isn't thanksgiving where I live. :)

Alf, that foot news sounds terrible! Ugh!

I will lift tomorrow. BOOM!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    BACK! DONE! WRECKED! :s
  • sdereski
    Options
    Well done all! Where is larro these days?

I didn't make it to Zumba, but I did make it to my workout! :)
    Last minute call for B&B. As it turns out, our guest has a close friend in Calgary that grew up here. Turns out she is a close friend of ours (I cycled Holland with her sister) What a small world. That is not how he found us, which is even cooler.
    The other guest, really felt like he was at home. Came down to breakfast in his housecoat! :# So glad they feel at home. ;)

• soriscott
    soriscott Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello, I have been reading the posts on this thread for a couple days and figured I should at least say hello. I am 47 who is a cardio/aerobic class lover who now has bad knees and is grieving the fact I can do my favourite forms of exercise and struggling to loose weight I have gained. It is great to have this forum with others who are experiencing the joys of failing joints and other wear and tear body issues. Would I want to be 20 again? Hell no but I would kill for their knees LOL

To those south of the 49th may you have a fabulous Thanksgiving this week and may your willpower be stronger than the dessert table!!
  • ThomasChang1
    ThomasChang1 Posts: 10 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    I am 48 and in terrible health weight wise. I can't even do a lunge. I hope to be part of a community of successful weight loss experts like many of you are at the moment
    Tom
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    I am 48 and in terrible health weight wise. I can't even do a lunge. I hope to be part of a community of successful weight loss experts like many of you are at the moment
    Tom

Start with small changes in eating and light exercise you can do. Make sure they are changes you can sustain. Continue to build on those adding more changes in eating until you are at the proper deficit and the exercise is at least 30 minutes a day 5x's per week with at least two days of a full body strength work out. I see so many newer folks fail because they jump into these crazy hardcore routines that set them up to feel defeated and fail.

Moderation
    Consistency
    Progressive improvements.
  • jnorman6
    jnorman6 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I'm new to this group. I am 44 and I started at 198 in July 2014 and am down to 140. I lost the weight through healthy eating and running like a crazy woman. I am 5'4 and my goal weight is 125ish.... Knowing me it will keep getting pushed lower. :) I feel like I am at a slow down or stand still and I'm so frustrated! I need to get back on track with logging my calories but have been caring for my dad who has lymphoma so I get lazy. Currently I am doing a cabbage soup "diet" until Thanksgiving for my own little piece of sanity. any helpful tips or motivation?
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    Bis & Tris=DONE!
  • allenpriest
    Options
    Tom

Not experts at all- just fellow travelers on the same journey.
  • sdereski
    Options
    Good Morning all. Welcome new cool kids!
    Busy day yesterday with lots of in / out of the office meetings.

Curled last night and won. Although, not a lot of sweeping done as the ice was fast. So, workout wise, yesterday was a bust. Hope to make today better.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Yeah, where is larro?!?!

Roads were so slick this morn that I did not make it to the gym for a workout! I will leave earlier tomorrow orn.

:(