40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• markburnett70
    markburnett70 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Hooray Beeps, its always great to get back to exercise :).

I seem to be getting busy at work. Leaves me with too many things going on, we have a second house I'm trying to get a lot of work done on before ski season, that and work are making it hard to concentrate on diet and exercise goals. My eating has really slipped the last week or so. Got to keep up the focus on low calorie eating, I really want to be skiing at a lower weight this season. On the bright side I hiked up a little mountain today, it is a beautiful time of year here in nh.
  • allenpriest
    allenpriest Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    Pre-log an eating plan for the day. That can help you hit your target.
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    BACK! DONE!
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    Finally made it back to my low impact exercise class and oh my, can I feel my glutes today. :# It's a good hurt - lets me know I worked!

No more dizzy spells of late, so that's a good thing as well. Not sure what the heck was going on.
    Had to send the heart monitor back as it was not working properly, but they are sending another. It's a pain in the *kitten* having to wear that 24/7 for 2 weeks. However, I am hoping it does provide some answers.

So looking forward to the long weekend. :)

• Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,939 Member
    Options
    I want you to find some answers, sdereski....be vigilant!

I am back at the gym, today. More lifting! BOOM!
  • larrodarro
    larrodarro Posts: 2,512 Member
    Options
    Hey Cool Kids.

I got in a couple of hours with my latest piece of exercise equipment. Can you dig it?

97147b9e8b8r.jpg
    3fp7v6b5w2y2.jpg

I got started on my underground camp. My goal for today was to move one cubic yard of dirt, but I had to go into work early. Didn't quite make it. I want to work myself up to three hours of digging a day.

You guys have a good one,

Larrro

• gam3rguy
    Options
    Arms & Abs=Done!
  • sdereski
    Options
    No workout yesterday. Manicure and bridge night instead. :tired_face:

Am so glad it's Friday - tired today. PT session today!

Have a full house of B&B guests tonight and tomorrow. :)

Tomorrow is my dear friend's remembrance ceremony. She did not want a funeral or "Celebration of Life", she wanted a "Remembering Mike" Christmas lunch for her friends. :love: Mike loved Christmas, so am thinking of wearing something "Christmas-ee" to the luncheon. :)

Larro, is there a reason you want an underground camp? A good place to hide from tornadoes maybe? Looks like a good workout alright.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    sdereski, I like the "remembering mike" idea!

Alright parents, how do I motivate my daughter to study more? She forever comes home saying she has "no homework" and then her grades stay "mediocre". She isn't really motivated by "stuff" and so altering her behaviour with a "carrot" isn't working. And, the stick doesn't seem a good idea. So what?
  • coachRichie
    coachRichie Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    HELLO everyone.. I am 48 years old and am no longer trying to lose weight.. I did that 2 years ago and got down to 145lbs.. I have to say for me I was too thin and did not really like the way I looked. I dropped from 180 pounds to 145 pounds in about 9 months. Most people thought I got sick but I was very healthy.
    So my new goal is to get to 180 pounds but this time I am doing it different.
    I am eating clean (most of the time) and I am doing weight training (body beast) and I do add cardio workouts like (Insanity) 2-3 times a week. I am currently at 170lbs and have gained a lot of muscle over the last 6 months.
    It does take a lot of work to gain muscle.. I think it is harder than when I was losing weight.
    Anyway the key to everything is eating smart and exercising. So I am open to suggestions and to adding any friends here that are on the same path. Have a great weekend.
  • 3furballs
    3furballs Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Beeps are there any experiences she wants? Like a trip or concert or lessons?
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Not on the horizon.

For now, i am choosing "stick". For every percent grade that is less than honour roll, she loses her phone for a day. I will see how this goes over the next couple of months.

College can't come soon enough....
  • larrodarro
    larrodarro Posts: 2,512 Member
    Options
    sdereski wrote: »

Larro, is there a reason you want an underground camp? A good place to hide from tornadoes maybe? Looks like a good workout alright.

I do want a storm shelter at the house. Margie doesn't trust my building skills and we don't want to bring in a contractor for the job. I'm not one of those crazy prepper guys, but I would rather folks didn't know I had a shelter. So I figured the best practice I could get for building underground was building underground. I want to find out if I can build it. Then if I can convince Margie it won't fall on her head, I'll build a shelter at the house. And I do like the thought of not being able to see my camp until you get to the door. Not to mention cool in the summer and warm in the winter.

Margie took the day off, and we spent it in Panama City shopping. So all I had was three hours of daylight to work on the campsite when we got in. And then it started raining, so I only got in about two hours of work. But the rain did make my smudge fire extra smudgy. A good smudge and a good soaking rain. Good omens.

52yljdwuwaxi.jpg

Here are the numbers for the week.

20.6% Body Fat
    23.7 BMI
    169.7 Pounds

That is an increase of 0.5 pounds for the week.

You guys have a good one,

Larro
  • sdereski
    Options
    Beeps the other thing I would do is have her bring one subject home each night and do some work on it. A different subject each night of the week. It's not unacceptable to request an hour of homework / study each night. Make it a "rule". Having said that, my husband or I usually "helped" make sure the studying got done.

My eldest son "struggled", so this is what we expected of him. He was lazy, not dumb. We didn't expect him to bring marks home like his brother, but we knew, he was capable of more than he was bringing home. When he finally graduated from high school, my husband and I shook each others hand, as we worked hard to get him there.

Good luck.
  • 9thwardchick
    9thwardchick Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I am finding it so difficult to lose weight now. I'm 45 at 184 pounds. I joined a gym 9 months ago. Although, I haven't gained any weight, I haven't lost any either. I count calories and try to exercise 4 days a week. I don't understand why it's not giving me results.
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    Shoulders=Done!
  • allenpriest
    allenpriest Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    I am finding it so difficult to lose weight now. I'm 45 at 184 pounds. I joined a gym 9 months ago. Although, I haven't gained any weight, I haven't lost any either. I count calories and try to exercise 4 days a week. I don't understand why it's not giving me results.

Weigh your food to make sure your logging is correct. Log everything. Don't trust whatever is measuring your calorie burn from the exercise so only eat back about half.
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    rest day today. gonna catch up on some blu rays...maybe take the pup out for a shorter hike later, then taking my Gramma to the Asian buffet! I intend to go overboard, but i'll work it off tomorrow. :)
  • 3furballs
    3furballs Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Two days of feasting! At least I did kettlebell and Kickboxing yesterday.
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    Chest & Tris=DONE!