• Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,948 Member
    Options
    Yes!

Lifted today. BOOM!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    I am down 10.6 lbs in seven weeks time....including getting through the holidays! That is about 7% of my bodyweight! :)

I am really, really proud of myself.....i still have about 7- or 8- lbs to lose to be at my happiest/muscle-iest, and I expect I will actually GET there in 2016!

2015 was not a good year....my fitness was off the charts - i overtrained everywhere! Alas, that just meant too much eating and the bodyfat piled on. Soooooo, as soon as i returned to less working out (reduced back to three days lifting and one day cardio) and seriously reduced my calories, I was able to peel off that fat and again show my muscles. 2013 and 2014 were good years....i did not mess with that formula and i stayed steady. 2015, i upped my training to 6- or 7- days a week and that just does NOT work, for me.

2016 is "back to balance"....nutrition/fitness go hand-in-hand, for me....I must pay attention to both, to keep my optimum sleep patterns and best-looking Venus shape.

BOOM!
  • Finney4fitness
    Finney4fitness Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    30lbs to lose & hoping to be able to enjoy the beach this summer!
  • drgmac
    drgmac Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    Good morning! I'm 49 years old and run 4 to 5 miles a day, six days a week. I work my abs every day through a variety of exercises and I left light 3x per week. I eat cleanly and I avoid junk and sweets. I'm lucky in that I do not particularly like bread,all cheeses, and chocolate.

My goal for the coming year is to do more lifting with a bit more weight and incorporate Insanity into my workouts.
  • Preciousreshus
    Preciousreshus Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi All. .. would love to join this group. .. although I am 10mths away from my 40th. .. i feel i can relate to this group and everyone here is so encouraging... I started the MFP journey a few times but as of August this year I have managed to continue. .. I would like to lose 8kg (no idea in lbs)...but find it so hard to stay away from junk n coke. ..very addicted.. and post Christmas we are going on vacation. .. that's wen I guess the real test in discipline begins. .. :#
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    "Rest"=Done! I'm still one day ahead of my schedule. gonna goof off ALL day today. back to the gym tomorrow...followed by goofing off at work again.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    No lifting, today....just a nice walk in the minus eighteen winter with my husband. Sunshine!
  • Bry_Fitness70
    Bry_Fitness70 Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    Plantar fasciitis has knocked me out of running for the foreseeable future, so I'm learning the fine points of swimming laps. I didn't think there was anything to it, until I showed up at the pool on Monday morning at 5am and found that I know nothing about breathing properly or the proper swimming form in general! After a half hour I was totally smoked and had to stop or risk drowning. I'm hoping tomorrow morning I will show some improvement...
  • lifestyle70
    lifestyle70 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I hear this is where the 40+'s hangout out. Just turned 41, working on recommitting to living healthier. A number of years ago lost about 25 pounds using Insanity. Gained about 10-15 back and would like to get rid of it again. Right now T25 works best for my schedule and I sometimes fight some right knee pain. 2 kids, a wife and 2 dogs. Anything else required for membership to this elite club?
  • worsthorse
    worsthorse Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    i am actually forty+++ but saw this thread, went off and did a couple "real age" quizzes and checked in at thirty-five. am i still eligible for membership? ;)
  • fat2strongbeth
    fat2strongbeth Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    I joined the 40+ club this fall. Glad to find this thread!!
  • tiffya
    tiffya Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I just turned 40 in November. I'm definitely in need of some motivation. After 5 kids and working full time nights as a nurse...my body is rebelling BIG TIME.
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    Chest & Tris=Done!
  • dwaterfield
    dwaterfield Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hope everyone has a happy new year!
  • Nataliegetfit
    Nataliegetfit Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone. I hope everyone had a nice Christmas. I ate a little too many sweets and too many eating out with the family and not choosing the healthy option. Up 2 lbs, but it could of been worse. I am back at my healthy routine. I came downstairs in my work out clothes this morning and added 5 minutes to my normal time and got it done. We have one big kid sick this week, so we're staying home watching TV tonight. We're not party animals anyway. I usually am the one who falls asleep before midnight and people laugh at me. ( just the cousins getting together watching movies and having snacks together) But still embarrassing.
    Well, my not really resolution, but trying harder on things starting now, are going to be trying to be more organized, use my time much more wisely, and continue to live a healthier life. Hope you all have a nice New Years.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Happy new year, natalie.

I am going to go lift, today. No plans tonight....we are early to bed, early to rise people. :)
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    Legs=Done!
  • JackieUnlimited
    JackieUnlimited Posts: 93 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Wishing everyone a fan-freaking-tastic New Year!

Got a little bit of snow overnight so my dog Kali loved our walk this morning. Short 25 minute but first one for the day. Will have to do a longer one this afternoon.

The batteries died in my scale and I'm not sure I want to replace them. I get to fixated on weighing myself everyday at least once. I know that is not great for me because when it's not what I want to see it makes me want to eat. Until I get myself back on track and past my body getting that junk out again I'm going to be in for a fight. I know I can get there as I've done it before. Plan to spend time today reviewing the paleo diet again as that seems to work best for me.

So come Monday I need to take my workout clothes with me to get running on the treadmill during lunch and I need to take the remaining treats from that huge basket I won to work as well and let everyone else finish it off.

A year for getting back to what Has worked for me and Doing Different.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    BOOM!

p1unzw9coliy.jpeg