40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Replies

• Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Turning 47 in a few months. Not really much choice, so there we are. :)
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    codytriguy wrote: »
    Hey ya'll! I'm looking for a group to get motivation and accountability. 40+ seems pretty awesome to me. I'm in!

I used to be a 175 pound triathlete who had lost 110 pounds with that sport. I got ran over by a vehicle in 2011 and suffered a TBI. I promised my wife and kids I wouldn't bike anymore. Since then I've gained 140 pounds. I've gotten into olympic style weightlifting. I'm having so much fun with the sport, but need to get into a lower weight class to be competitive. So here I am. On Sunday I weighed 310. I'm shooting to get to 230 by Dec 31st. That's 1.34 pounds a week. It's doable!

You can do it!!!!!! Welcome!

• alf1163
    Beeps, that's awesome. Is it his new book/program?

Nadler, welcome! Wow, impressive!!!

Diet tip of the day:

a8q2cm3ookie.jpeg
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Chest & Tris=Done!
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,919 Member
    Alf, yes it is Schuler/Cosgrove's latest in the NROL series.

Rest day, today....perfect timing to breeze through the "strong" book to be ready for tomorrow's lifting session. BOOM!
  • nadler64
    nadler64 Posts: 124 Member
    Happy Wednesday all! This is me and College Kid (home on break) at our 5:45 am workout. 2000 yards this morning. Yeah, we're nuts. b7diib7v6pvy.jpeg
  • mistydawn1118
    mistydawn1118 Posts: 12 Member
    GREAT! I just got news that I have to have rotator cuff surgery. Along with my Fibro I feel defeated.
  • alf1163
    Hi everyone!!!

Beeps, let me know his you like it!!!

Nadler, I love love love swimming!!!!

Misty dawn, sorry to hear! Hang in there!
  • gam3rguy
    LEGS=DONE! trying squats a bit different. I got a bit past parallel but not quite "ATG". I need a little more flexibility in my right ankle...the one I mangled up at the Spartan stadium sprint.
  • allenpriest
    allenpriest Posts: 1,102 Member
    alf1163 wrote: »
    Beeps, that's awesome. Is it his new book/program?

Nadler, welcome! Wow, impressive!!!

Diet tip of the day:

a8q2cm3ookie.jpeg

I'm getting close to needing new pants again. this is a good thing. The first inches I lost were mostly shirtwaist area. (Apple shaped) now losing more in the waist.
  • allenpriest
    allenpriest Posts: 1,102 Member
    gam3rguy wrote: »
    LEGS=DONE! trying squats a bit different. I got a bit past parallel but not quite "ATG". I need a little more flexibility in my right ankle...the one I mangled up at the Spartan stadium sprint.

Yeah that was an ugly injury you had.
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy wrote: »

Yeah that was an ugly injury you had.
    yea, i'll get there. just gotta keep my heels on the floor, and not get cocky and throw on plates before I'm ready...then i'll get cocky. :P

• Floridaman789
    Floridaman789 Posts: 109 Member
    I'm 57 I'm in needing to eat healthier more vegetables more water plus exercise. Also lean meat. Need to lose 1000 lbs I heave already lost 18 lbs I 2 weekend.
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,919 Member
    Lifted today. Day 1 of "Strong"....60 minutes....which is my "gold star" designation in any lifting workout!! BOOM!
  • nadler64
    nadler64 Posts: 124 Member
    edited January 2016
    10 miles on the bike this morning. Weights tonight.

Feeling a bit wimpy lately; My bike and run averages are not improving. Getting plenty of protein but maybe not enough calories. I just calc'ed my BMR and I'm barely taking in that much daily. Time to eat back half my exercise calories to see what that does for me, yeah?
  • NJPhil
    NJPhil Posts: 45 Member
    Soon to be 41 and looking to get some of my fitness back. Hockey and tennis does not cut it for an exercise program anymore.
  • larrodarro
    larrodarro Posts: 2,512 Member
    I'm 57 I'm in needing to eat healthier more vegetables more water plus exercise. Also lean meat. Need to lose 1000 lbs I heave already lost 18 lbs I 2 weekend.

As one Florida man to another, 1K is a lot of weight to be losing. But good luck,

Larro
  • alf1163

Hi! Welcome to the group. You meant you need to lose 100 not 1000, right? Whichever it is, good luck to you!! One step at a time!
  • alf1163
    NJPhil wrote: »
    Soon to be 41 and looking to get some of my fitness back. Hockey and tennis does not cut it for an exercise program anymore.[/

What!?!? Hockey and tennis are two good challenging sports!! :smile:
  • alf1163
    Larro, Great to hear from you again!! How are you?

Nadler, how much are you eating?