40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• JackieUnlimited
    JackieUnlimited Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Went for an hour and 20 minute walk yesterday afternoon with Kali. She was happy and cranky for the rest of the day because she refused to take a nap. Silly dog.

Replaced to batteries in my scale and I am down 3.4lbs from Monday. Only got in 2 of 3 runs on the treadmill but I will do better this week. Have to make more of the soup for lunches this week I know that helped a lot.
  • islandgirl29710
    islandgirl29710 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Joy and I'm 46 years old. I started earnestly using MFP August 2015 because I got diagnosed with diabetes. Not wanting to take any medications, I opted to do diet and exercise (which luckily my doctor said I could). I have lost 60lbs to date and hope to lose more. I still need to lose more but don't really have a goal. I'm afraid if I did, I would stop losing. I'm just trying to stay healthy and beat diabetes (which I have mostly - last check in Oct, and I was back to prediabetes). I would love to join this group and get more support!
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Joy and I'm 46 years old. I started earnestly using MFP August 2015 because I got diagnosed with diabetes. Not wanting to take any medications, I opted to do diet and exercise (which luckily my doctor said I could). I have lost 60lbs to date and hope to lose more. I still need to lose more but don't really have a goal. I'm afraid if I did, I would stop losing. I'm just trying to stay healthy and beat diabetes (which I have mostly - last check in Oct, and I was back to prediabetes). I would love to join this group and get more support!

Joy, congrats for a job well done!!!! I'm glad to hear that your Dr didn't push the medications. You must feel very proud. My husband was told early last year that he was pre-diabetic and that scared the crap out of him. He too decided to eat better and has lost close to 60lbs. He is no longer pre-diabetic, all his tests results are normal. He is more active at work but doesn't exercise much, he hates exercising. But hey he feels great and is healthy! That's the most important!!

• archer70
    archer70 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Started 10 days ago. I am 45 and been on this journey many times. Seems like if I slip on the diet I quit. This time I keep going day at a time, making sure I go everything even I know it will screw up my numbers.
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    "Rest" day!!!
  • betharch24
    betharch24 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    would love to join this group. 45 and perimenopausal. changes in diet just not doing it like it used to. Started logging and exercising for the new year- and up half a pound! So frustrating! Need support! Thanks all..
  • Nataliegetfit
    Nataliegetfit Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I am still at it. Gained 2 lbs over the holidays, but it's back down now and trying to get back into better eating again. The peanut brittle is gone now, so that temptation is over. I am up to 45 minutes on the eliptical, so that's been good. Doing some ab exercises too and a little weights. I hope everyone has a nice week.
  • 3furballs
    3furballs Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Well I've started a 15% cut. Fingers cruised u can lose the 10lbs or a size, which ever is first!
  • 883xlsportster
    883xlsportster Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    40+. Will be looking for the 50 club very soon ;-)
  • tracefan
    tracefan Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Hi all. I'll always be 29 ha ha ha ha.. MFP helps me maintain and eat healthier .. I love this site. Nice to meet you all. :)
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,929 Member
    Options
    Fly by "hello".

Too tired to write.

Everything is fine and on track.
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    Chest & Tris=DONE!
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Good morning!!! I've been logging my calories and steady on my workouts. Feeling energized!

Good to see all these posts! Keep up the great work!!!
  • clairegreen1974
    clairegreen1974 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Hey there, love to join you all, I'm Claire & 41 with 2 grown up kids. I pilled on the lbs after a series of bad lucks! I sustained multiple fractures to both kneecaps (sports injury ironically) in my teens, got diagnosed with OA a few years after. Then beer, rock pubs, children & takeouts happened >:) ... Then I gave up smoking ;) ... Then meningitis happened :'( ... And seditary jobs and being a computer geek... It all kinda went downhill! But I'm here, I've started logging my food and going to the gym daily... I've got a few stone to lose, buy this is more of a lifestyle change, so I'm in it fit the long haul! Feel free to add me as a friend. :#
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,929 Member
    Options
    Lifted today. Have had two protein bars (each 150 cals and 18g of protein) and that is it, so far, today. Hope to have a regular supper and then lull myself to sleep WITHOUT LATE-NIGHT SNACKING. BOOM!
  • allenpriest
    allenpriest Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    20F and sorta windy. Walked the dog for an hour anyway. Yeah me!
  • allenpriest
    allenpriest Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    Hey there, love to join you all, I'm Claire & 41 with 2 grown up kids. I pilled on the lbs after a series of bad lucks! I sustained multiple fractures to both kneecaps (sports injury ironically) in my teens, got diagnosed with OA a few years after. Then beer, rock pubs, children & takeouts happened >:) ... Then I gave up smoking ;) ... Then meningitis happened :'( ... And seditary jobs and being a computer geek... It all kinda went downhill! But I'm here, I've started logging my food and going to the gym daily... I've got a few stone to lose, buy this is more of a lifestyle change, so I'm in it fit the long haul! Feel free to add me as a friend. :#

No offense Claire but from your avatar pic you really did let yourself go!!! ;)
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    LEGS=DONE! "ATG" achieved! :p
  • 3furballs
    3furballs Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Last night was kettlebell and I'm getting more yellow bell use (16 kilo) which is awesome. I've been doing this little 10 minute morning workout (when I can squeeze it in between getting me and 3 kids ready to go!) so I got that done Monday and today. Tonight is kickboxing and I really think walking in the snow should count as more than just walking!

Glad to see everyone is still plugging along and aiming for a healthier life!
  • kimiuzzell
    kimiuzzell Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Ooh can I hang out with the coolkids, please?

I'm 45...ditched the weight, aka the now ex-husband, at 40 and life really did begin. Now 45, married to an amazing guy who has shown me that it's still ok to eat cake, provided you exercise too.

As such, I've had a complete mindset overhaul, discovered lifting in October, and have never looked, felt, eaten or slept better!!

I've always dipped in and out of exercise.. Ran my first marathon at 20 and my 4th at 40, when I improved my time by 26 mins....proving that age is whatever you make it. A nasty accident skiing and another on my bike in the last few years have turned my attention away from running and into the weights room....which I love. I still ski, albeit with leg braces, but think my marathon running days are long gone.

I love the fact there are so many fabulous 40s on Mfp!!