40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! I was able to do an early Bikram class since my husband was off. Double workout tomorrow morning before I get a toenail removed in the afternoon. Ouch!! Who knows how long that will set me back. On sick leave the rest of the week to rest. I bought lots of healthy foods to focus on healthy eating while I recuperate. From what I've read it might take at least a week or two until I resume normal activities. :#

Beeps, good for you!!!

Gam, I keep hearing about that program. I just don't want to spend the money on those beach body programs. :(

Take care everyone!!!
  • allenpriest
    allenpriest Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    20F and -6C but no wind. I didn't want to go walk - but I did. The dog seemed to have a good time. I layered up and did the regular three mile trip.

For y'all way up north that is not too cold. But for Kentucky that is pretty chilly.
  • Sassystac76
    Sassystac76 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I in!!!! I am 39, but this where I think I fit in best. Especially as I am about to become a Gma.
    I look forward to reading what you all have to say and share.
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    alf1163 wrote: »

Gam, I keep hearing about that program. I just don't want to spend the money on those beach body programs. :(
    yea, I have a few. I bought Insanity, Asylum 1 & 2, P90X and Body Beast myself. P90X2 (and all of that extra equipment) was given to me as a B-Day gift a couple years ago and I just got Hammer & Chisel this past X-Mas as I was told I "have enough video games and comics"...PFFFFFFFT! as if.

Back=Done!

• Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,930 Member
    Options
    Take care, Alf.....i am glad you are posting here, again....many "regulars" have dropped away.

:(

Cardio day, today. ZOOM!
  • 3furballs
    3furballs Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    I'm still slugging along. Kettlebell and 1/2 of a cardio kickboxing class last night and still walking to/from work. Tonight is cardio kickboxing and then combat conditioning tomorrow and self defence and cardio kickboxing Friday and kettelbell and kickboxing Saturday. Slowly the scales are lowering. I'm doing a 15% cut and I'm hungry a lot, I suck at being hungry. Trying to scale back my sugar intake, which will be easier once I finish up the vanilla fat free greek yogurt I have and can use the plain, which I can add to what I want.

Alf, that does not sound like fun, hope it goes well!

Allenpriest, that sounds very chilly for Kentucky! We've had a mild winter, no snow for Christmas and currently it's -7. I have great winter gear so the 30 minute walk here and then home again is fine.
  • allenpriest
    allenpriest Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    yep cold and snowy for Kentucky. Same temp tonight, we had snow this morning so the walks are snowy and icy, more wind. I had to drive 3 hours today, got up early due to the snow and needing to find out the school schedule. I didn't want to walk - didn't feel like it at all. Did it anyway. Dog and I walked in the road. Went a bit longer than usual too.
  • angelasessor1118
    angelasessor1118 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello I am 45 and looking to loose 50 plus pounds and get healthy.. Any advice or suggestions would greatly be appreciated... I would love to join the group and work on my health with everyone.
  • kimiuzzell
    kimiuzzell Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Welcome @angelasessor1118!!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    Bis & Tris=Done!
  • ChickaDee2012
    ChickaDee2012 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Good morning fab 40+ MFPers :smile:

I'd like to join! I'm 52 and in Toronto! I have 20 lbs to lose which I've gained in just 3 years. It's even harder in your 50s to keep the weight off. Been active all my life, but no excuses, I let myself go... Now, slow and steady is my new motto :)

I've managed to get my eating in check over the past month: Eating clean as much as possible, low carb-high fat diet, drinking at least 6 cups of water and intermittent fasting (16:8), logging my food...and being kind to myself. So far, all of this combined has been really good! I've lost my cravings for sweet stuff and potato chips and lost my belly bloat from the holidays and SO pleased about that :smile: ... But "slow and steady" is the mantra... this is my lifestyle. As of next week, I'll start exercising (I need to psyche myself) alternating Jillian Michaels shred and a couple of kettlebells I have at home (you don't need much time to get a good workout with those!).

Love the support on here and seeing so many people motivated! Please feel free to add me!
  • eccentric88
    eccentric88 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I lost over 30 lb yet my waist line has decided it should be almost the same size as my breast now..Any one have any cures or knowledge on this..I am healthier in most ways now eating, exercising, sleeping..Or is this just a mean trick.
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,930 Member
    Options
    I lifted today. Not a great session, but I did leave the gym feeling relaxed and stress free.

I want to feel this all day long.

:)

BOOM!
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone!!!! Lots of motivated cool kids here!!!! Well, the procedure went well. Doc was happy to see that there wasn't a lot of bleeding. She said I have layers of old nail she had to remove. Yikes!! She cleaned it pretty well. I'm a little nervous about removing the gauze. I have to in about an hour.

Welcome to the new cool kids! Consistency is the key!!
  • 3furballs
    3furballs Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Alf, good luck and hope you heal fast!

Beeps, even on the days where my workout isn't great I remind myself that I at least got there!
  • itsup2memi
    itsup2memi Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hello all. Can i join the cool kids? Please. I am 44 have lost and gained but am losing in 2016.
    I have made great changes so far and have lost 15 lbs.
  • eblarios
    eblarios Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Being a cool 40 something Mom, I would love to join this group! Feel free to add me, we can motivate each other. My username is eblarios
  • Nataliegetfit
    Nataliegetfit Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Alf, so sorry about your toe, ouch, what happened?? That has got to hurt. I hope it heals well and does it quickly. We are lucky as to not be getting that big storm coming through. My guild has a sewing day planned for Saturday, so I am excited about that. I need to plan what all I am working on and get my pot luck food ready tomorrow. Getting up early to do my 45 minutes on the eliptical that day. Its really getting into my routine now. I hope everyone is having a good week. Have a great day.
  • kimiuzzell
    kimiuzzell Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Had a great lifting session at the gym last night, getting new bests on squats and dead lifts so pleased with that! Worked my shoulders so hard though....when I went to plank at the end of the session, I didn't have anything left in the tank and couldn't even start to raise myself!! a sign on a woman that's worked!!

Rest day today..... Just work to get through. TGI Friday!!!

I've been lifting now consistently for a full 3 months...3 or 4 times a week. No need for excuses because I'm loving it. I've exercised on way or another all my adult life but this is the first time I'm finding a genuine like for what I am doing and the results I am starting to see.

Long may it continue. Here's to the next three months, and the three after that, and the three after that!!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    Shoulders=Done!