edited January 2016
    Options
    Cosby Chocolate cake for breakfast bit - priceless

Wheat, eggs ,milk - nutrition!
  • kimiuzzell
    kimiuzzell Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Raspberry and white chocolate
    Must have counted for at least one of my 5-a-day!
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,931 Member
    Options
    3furballs - kettlebells work....keep lifting them.

Alf , how are you feeling?

Gamer is so workout regular. And a lite talker.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    I lifted this morn. Am at hair salon now. BOOM!
  • c_l_phillips72
    c_l_phillips72 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I haven't read through all 332 pages :-) but I thought I'd post in here too since I'm 43.

I used to be in awesome shape just a few years ago, but then I had an exercise injury that prevented me from exercising. I might be kind of weird in that I won't watch my diet AT ALL when I can't exercise, but I will follow it closely and always (i.e. 99% of the time) make smart choices when I AM exercising. That is what has taken me from 200 lbs and ready for a triathlon to 275 lbs, and then losing 10 in the past week.

The problem with this is that I always end up injuring my body and need some kind of surgery (disc surgeries, plantar plate tears, 3rd degree burns, etc) which always sets me waaaaaaaaay back, but the good news is that once I am able to start back I can usually get back pretty quickly because I know how to do it and I've done it before. It would be nice, though, to not have to have some major injury pop up and require surgery so I can just stay on course. Or I might need to change my thoughts and start watching my weight and eat healthy even when I'm NOT exercising.

Exercise is something that I enjoy, regardless of my weight, but eating healthy and watching my calorie intake is absolutely no where even close to being fun - unless I'm exercising too.

Anyhow, long introduction, and I'll be looking forward to meeting all of you in the near future :-)

• alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Beeps, thanks for asking. I'm feeling better, eager to be able to get back to being myself but I need to be patient. In the meantime I'm focusing on eating healthy. I ate under 1600kcal today but I'm sooo stuffed!!!!

@c_l_phillips72, welcome! Those are some injuries! I like your positive attitude. Regarding eating better when exercise, I'm the same way. It's been a little different for me now because I'm tired of dealing with the weight gain. So I've decided to eat better now that I'm not exercising as much.

Shana, welcome! Congrats on the weightloss. You are on track. If you are logging your calories then include the wine in there and you are set!
  • 3furballs
    3furballs Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Alf I take a kettlebell class so she has different routines every time. I've been getting more consistent in using 12 kilo all the time and 16kilo a lot too.

Beep, I love the Kettlebells. I would lift more often but 2 of the 4 classes power well are at 6 am when I can't get there now with a change in our schedule.

Panda that is an amazing weight loss.

Alf glad to see you still trucking.

Hello to everyone else! Keep up the healthy eating and exercising. I'm at the point where I really love my exercising, but I'm trying to cut 15% of my calories and lower my sugar to lose this annoying 10lbs I've gained over the last year.
  • 3furballs
    Options
    Small victory but I just realized (assuming nothing changes in the 2 hours before bed), that I'm 1g below my sugar macro! I'm aaalllwways over on my sugar. Think this is the first time (outside of being sick) that I've ever been under goal.
  • allenpriest
    allenpriest Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    I haven't read through all 332 pages :-) but I thought I'd post in here too since I'm 43.

Anyhow, long introduction, and I'll be looking forward to meeting all of you in the near future :-)

If you had read all 332 pages then you would already know all of us!! ;)

Welcome
  • allenpriest
    Options
    Sent in the deposits for the BSA ranch trip for July 17. Need to lose the last 80 pounds and now I have a bigger reason.
  • kimiuzzell
    Options
    @3furballs I envy you your classes - It is the only class that I REALLY want to do at my gym that I can't get to - every single session is during my non-flexible working hours :(

Still, I'm on it at home now - and after just two days of 20 mins kettlebells, my hamstrings and shoulders are feeling it like they haven't felt it for ages! It's definitely going to be an interesting addition to my lifting and it will be interesting to see how I manage with my regular lifting session this evening!!

Motivation-wise - hubby just booked us two weeks in Florida in September. I've never been to the US before, so this is definitely one I want to buy a new bikini or two for, and I want all those spaghetti-strap tops to show of fabby dabby shoulders!!!

In other news - BF reduced slightly to 36.3% (I'm a pear, so it's mainly on my lower half and I'll never get to the 20% range because of that, I'm sure!). But it's all going in the right direction.
  • alf1163
    Options
    Good morning! Upper body-DONE!!!! All meals for today are prepped. It's going to be a nice day!

Kimmi and Allenpriest, trips are good motivators to get in shape. Have fun!!! We are waiting for our passport renewals to arrive in the mail. We are in need of another cruise. :):)

Have a wonderful day!!!
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    Shoulders=DONE!
  • allenpriest
    Options
    This trip is 12 days hiking at elevation. Philmont Scout Ranch has strict height/weight requirements, especially for adults. You get weighed when you arrive and if you don't meet the table, they send you home. I've been working for 25 months now with 120+ pounds gone. I've got 17 months now to lose a minimum 60 and even better 80 more to make sure I make the table weight. Of course I also have to get prepared to carry a 60 pound pack 8-12 miles per day at elevation. I did that sort of thing when I was in the service - 30+ years ago. It is different preparing for that at 54 than it was at 19. I'm walking regularly now usually doing 3 miles in about an hour with the dog and doing that 3 to 5 days per week. Soon I need to load up the pack and add some weight as I do my regular walk, while I also add miles - both with and without weight. The extra work will help with the weight loss but I still have to manage the calorie count like I have been doing. I don't weigh mush food - at my weight I have not had to be that careful. I might have to start as my margin for error drops. At least that is a good problem to have.
  • kimiuzzell
    Options
    @allenpriest wow that sounds pretty hardcore!! My motivation seems somewhat shallow in comparison - I just want a new bikini and not to have flabby arms in my holiday snaps!!

Mind you, my fitness and strength goals are more ski based. I had a big accident needing knee surgery whilst skiing in 2013. Next week we return to the same resort for the first time. I have skied since, but never there. I do wear heavy knee braces now but I am determined to be stronger each time so we get the most out of our trips. It will be strange going back to the scene but I need to do it.
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "rest day"...in progress.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    I lifted today. BOOM!
  • alf1163
    Options
    Hello everyone!!!! It's been s great week as far as my nutrition is concerned, I've been pretty active everyday but with modifications. I'm feeling pretty good though.

Allenpriest, wow, that's such an adventure!!!!

Kimiu, have s great time skiing!!!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    Chest & Tris=Done!
  • 3furballs
    Options
    Well I ended up at kickboxing last night, followed by self defence (we did randori where our instructor attacks at half speed and you have to dodge or use a technique you learned). Then kettlebell and kickboxing today. Now two days of "rest" no actual workouts other than daily stuff!