40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• RNYSue2016
    RNYSue2016 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm 43, 5'3 and 300 lbs - hoping to have wls later this year but it's only a tool. I need better habits for long term success. Tracking food and exercise is where I struggle. Well I don't struggle to exercise currently because I struggle to tie my shoes and that feels like enough of a workout. So I'm starting with real simple goals.
    1. Plan what I'm eating tomorrow, then eat it, if I eat something else write it down. (no judgments)
    2. Move every day - even 5 minutes
    3. Drink the water - I don't have a problem drinking water I have a problem remembering to drink the water
  • sparrish531
    sparrish531 Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    55 here, and hoping to lose about 50 lbs. 18 down and 32 more to go. Am being more careful about eating whole foods and keeping under a calorie count. Also spend time in the gym and on the road bike. Feel free to add me as a friend!
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    "Rest" day today...
    so...I woke up in a good mood today. I was all like "woo-hoo!!! Deadpool tonight!!!"...then I got downstairs and was all like "F@#K!...IT"S WEDNESDAY!", so then I was cranky. last night's Flash was pretty good though! but now I have to do Thursday twice. >:(
  • timetochange52
    timetochange52 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    54 Here. I came back after a few years out in which I managed to gain 25 pounds. Down 15 now and I'm planning on sticking with it until I hit my goal, and after. I'm a Fitbit user as well and I'm participating in my second DietBet which ends on Monday. Feel free to add me.
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,947 Member
    Options
    That is very interesting 3fur! All my exercise, i just log as "1 calorie"....so, it has no impact on my planned daily calorie intake, at all.

Still sick in bed. Day 4. I guess this is my unofficial "rest week", lol.
  • trentnert
    trentnert Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    @gam3rguy I can't believe the marketing they have been doing for Deadpool, it is spot on (they even did an Australia Day trailer!) We are going on Sat night, Im going to be very disappointed if its another green lantern..
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    trentnert wrote: »
    @gam3rguy I can't believe the marketing they have been doing for Deadpool, it is spot on (they even did an Australia Day trailer!) We are going on Sat night, Im going to be very disappointed if its another green lantern..
    early reviews are positive, with one reviewer giving it two scores..."9" for fans, "7" for everybody else.
    I was supposed to go to the 7PM "midnight" show tonight...turns out, today's Wednesday. so, 7PM "midnight" show tomorrow. I miss midnight shows.
    ...Green Lantern "Didn't Happen". (though if it did...Sinestro would have been the only good part)

• gam3rguy
    Options
    trentnert wrote: »
    ...and Fox has already given the "Greenlight" to a sequel!!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    Chest & Tris=DONE!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    Girl Scout cookies=Done! I ate every damn one of them. delish! :p
  • ameerah3333
    ameerah3333 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Morning cool kids! B) I would love to be part of this group, just read a few pages and you all are hilarious, supportive and focused! Love it!

Me: 41, single and was at my best in 2012, that lasted for 8 months. It was then I discovered that I loved lifting weights. In the past I was more a cardio gal, nothing wrong with that....but perhaps it just got old for me. Fast forward....moved to a different country and here I am almost 4 years later and unable to get that focus back. I've been a member of MFP since 2011. However, never, ever used the site until this past Monday. I am totally digging it. Also, back then the GUI was like that of netscape, in 1996, lol. :)

I've been searching for a group that would inspire, support and most all know how to just have fun and I think I found it! Yay!

Alright enough with that...off to the gym!

Adiós todos!

~Ameerah :)
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,947 Member
    Options
    I did manage a lifting workout today. BOOM!
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    RNYSue2016 wrote: »
    I'm 43, 5'3 and 300 lbs - hoping to have wls later this year but it's only a tool. I need better habits for long term success. Tracking food and exercise is where I struggle. Well I don't struggle to exercise currently because I struggle to tie my shoes and that feels like enough of a workout. So I'm starting with real simple goals.
    1. Plan what I'm eating tomorrow, then eat it, if I eat something else write it down. (no judgments)
    2. Move every day - even 5 minutes
    3. Drink the water - I don't have a problem drinking water I have a problem remembering to drink the water

Welcome! Keep going...stay consistent and you will get yo your goal,

Beeps, hope you feel better soon.

Welcome to all the new kids!!! Me? Have been going pretty well lately, have amped up my workouts and eating well and logging. I don't normally eat my exercise calories unless I've exercised too much and feeling very hungry/weak. I'm losing but the scale hadn't moved much. I've only lost about 3 lbs since early Jan. I'm about 5-10 lbs from goal so it moves very slowly. I'm feeling great though.
  • law102189
    law102189 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    New user on MFP, found this site on Saturday when I bought my Vivosmart HR. Like it very much so far. I am 5'4" ish and have been a weight yo-yo most of my adult like. Have tried lots of diets from WW to low carb to gluten free. Got results with all, but inevitably gained the weight back. I'm turning 50 in June and hope to lose 50 lbs. I've also decided no more diets. Instead I am focusing on cleaner eating, cutting out most processed foods, limiting dairy and wheat products and logging my food. Also drinking at least 32 ounces of Apple Cider Vinegar "cocktail" per day. I go to the gym 3 to 4 times a week doing cardiovascular and strength training. On 1/4 was 198.6, today 184.4.
    Glad to find this thread. Will check in regularly.
  • allenpriest
    allenpriest Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    Clean eating, whatever that really means, won't lead to weight loss unless it means you eat fewer calories.
  • allenpriest
    allenpriest Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    Heading out this afternoon for a Valentine's retreat with my wife. We did the same thing last year and luked it si much we're going again.
  • xbowhunter
    xbowhunter Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    Hello
    I am in the ladder part of 40 (47). I was an avid runner for many years until the age of 44. After many 1/2 marathons and a million miles of running I developed some nasty injuries that I was never able to recover from. I slowly gained 30lbs from my running weight and I finally decided enough was enough when my Doctor told me my cholesterol was high & I was over-weight. I joined a local Gym in January & have cleaned up my diet & now exercise 3 days per week. Strength training 3 days & low impact cardio 2 days.

In 6 weeks I have lost 7lbs & feel great. 23 more pounds to go & I am aiming to be there by the summer so I can hang out by the pool in my old bathing suits... LOL

40ish is the new 20ish........ :)
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    late start today. was out with an "old friend" last night.

mhklhqtb9mrp.jpg

leg day today...just heading out now. I hope nobody's hogging "my" squat rack.
  • flutterphotogal503
    Options
    I'm in! 46, weigh more than I did when I was pregnant with twins - and someone recently asked WHEN I was expecting :s First week logging EVERYTHING. Lost 4ish pounds...no inches yet.
  • flutterphotogal503
    Options
    Oh, and a question. Diary is open, feel free to give advice - never get enough potassium or iron. What should I change???