Replies

• gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    LEGS! DONE!
  • Bry_Fitness70
    Bry_Fitness70 Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    Not a bad week - 2 months without running has forced me to diversify my cardio, it used to be just lifting and running...

ip0gpkliswp1.png
  • ameerah3333
    ameerah3333 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hey all!
    @alf1163 Thanks! Glad to be here!

Had a wicked workout yesterday, lifting and it was pull day. I sure am feeling it, lol. Today is cardio day….I’m going to hold off on that until the evening so I can do some serious stretching or I’m likely to fall off whichever cardio machine I’m on, lol.

@law102189 What is this Apple Cider Vinegar “cocktail” you speak of and what is its purpose. I’m just curious as I have never heard of anyone drinking that let alone 32 ounces of it! :s I'm not knocking it, btw. :)

@xbowhunter Congrats! Keep it up! And you are right 40ish is the new 20ish.

@flutterphotogal503 Awesome! Keep it up the inches will soon follow. This is my two cents…for those micronutrients unless your doctor says you need more then you can really focus on that (a simply blood test will verify that). I feel that if you are eating balanced meals and have a calorie deficit, exercise regularly you will be ok. Granted I have not looked at your diary…but some things to consider for more potassium could be dark leafy greens, fish, avocados and of course bananas. For iron spinach and chicken liver, yes I did say that, lol. I’m severely anemic (as the doctor says) so getting my iron up is a work in progress. And liver is actually quite tasty. But this is coming from a gal who isn’t afraid of eating different meats. Had Kangaroo sliders couple weeks back; that is not high in iron, btw, lol.
    There are many more ways to increase both, those are just suggestions based on my experience so take it for what its worth. :)

@bry_langer Looking good! What app is that?

Its a big weekend here in Toronto as we are hosting the NBA All-Star games. I don’t follow basketball but am excited for cool events going on. More specifically the Nike train!!! The train runs on our subway line and as a Nike+ member you can hop on and do some shopping while the train takes you to your destination, lol. So that’ll be my weekend! My Valentine’s day gift to myself…….Nike gear BAM!

Everyone have a fantastic weekend and enjoy your valentine's day festivities whatever they may be!
  • ScoobaChick
    ScoobaChick Posts: 184 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Hi everyone,

I'd love to join this thread. I am 45 and live in the Montreal area. I have two sons (11 and 8) and a husband who has no desire whatsover to work out.

I did NROL4W 3 years ago and loved (well except for the body matrix part I HATED that part). I don't think I have the time to commit to joining and going to the gym for 2 hours 3 times a week right now so I have been working out at home doing Zumba, step and weightlifting (sadly I have neither an olympic bar nor a squat rack) so my lifts are nowhere what they were 3 years ago.

I tend to be an all or nothing person, meaning I either work out pretty much every day or I just do nothing. Weight has never really been an issue though it does creep up from year to year and when I say it hit 135lbs this holiday season I decided that it was time to jump on that fitness wagon again. I am now back under 130 (though barely) and am aiming to get to 125lbs but not too stressed about when it happens.

I use Diet Power to track my food. I do copy it over to MFP but I prefer the other program because I know it well (and you know what they say about teaching old dogs new tricks) and I like the fact that it gives me a nutrion grade every day and suggests what would be the better foods to eat. Hitting my protein and fiber macros is the most challenging for me.

As for workouts I enjoy using a Zumba game on the XBOX and MyFitness Coach (original edition) on the Wii. I find that having the avatar telling to "move move move" during the HIIT part is particularly helpful to push myself and the program is different every time so it keeps my interest up. Otherwise I do push-ups and though I came to the realization today that I can no longer do chin-ups, I have started to train to be able to do them again. I also fence twice a week (the sword kind of fencing not the stolen goods kind!) but that's not much of a cardio nor a strength workout.

I have a polar loop which I use in conjunction with a H7 chest trap to get a sense of the calories I burn through Zumba or step aerobics. I usually always hit my activities goal on it and I try to also hit 10k steps everyday.

I would love to get some new MFP friends so please add me if you want :)

@ameerah3333 How do you tag people like you did in your post above?

Hope everyone has a great day :)

EDTA: Nevermind Ameerah3333. I guess the editor does it automatically once it posts (doh!)
  • CajunTess
    CajunTess Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Just found this thread today, and I'm in! I'm 47, a native of Louisiana's Cajun Country (we love food!), but currently living in the Houston, TX area. I'm on a journey to lose 40-50 pounds this year. My profile and food diary is open to friends.
  • ameerah3333
    Options
    Hahaha @ScoobaChick glad you figured it out. I am like you, in a sense that I'm all or nothing. My problem is when I'm nothing it lasts for years....So this time around I'm trying to adjust as I go and not let the previous days nonsense affect me...harder said than done at times I'm sure. I think the community helps with that...granted I've only been here a few days...it is what I am told and I am excited about that.
    !!!!GO HABS!!! :)
  • trentnert
    trentnert Posts: 9 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Work has been a monster this week, and will be again next week (the project Im on is going live and we just had a 70 hour dress rehearsal..) but I don't want to get de-railed!

Did some cardio yesterday and just got back from a bike ride this morning - now off to the gym to truly appreciate that I should have done my snatches and cleans before a 20km bike ride.

@gam3rguy do you agree with the reviews on Deadpool ? Did they *kitten* the bed ? Im seeing it tonight !
  • LLKOOLLO
    LLKOOLLO Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    kbanzhaf wrote: »
    I'd like to join as well. I am a 51-year-old widow who lost over 70 pounds five years ago. I've gained back about 15, and would truly like to lose 10 of that. I was probably too thin at my lowest, but would be happier ranging a little lower than I am now (up and down from 130-135, instead of 140-145). I am at a healthy weight, but would still like to lose those pounds I gained back. The holidays have really wrecked havoc on my dieting and exercise regimen, and it won't improve too much for a few days until my daughter heads back to college. I know, not an excuse, but we like to enjoy ourselves in the time we spend together.

I am a teacher, and I try to walk both before school and during my lunch break. Walking is the only form of exercise I really do. I'd like to tone, so I know I need to add some weights/yoga/etc. to my weekly routine.

Kaye

• LLKOOLLO
    LLKOOLLO Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    LLKOOLLO wrote: »
    kbanzhaf wrote: »
    I'd like to join as well. I am a 51-year-old widow who lost over 70 pounds five years ago. I've gained back about 15, and would truly like to lose 10 of that. I was probably too thin at my lowest, but would be happier ranging a little lower than I am now (up and down from 130-135, instead of 140-145). I am at a healthy weight, but would still like to lose those pounds I gained back. The holidays have really wrecked havoc on my dieting and exercise regimen, and it won't improve too much for a few days until my daughter heads back to college. I know, not an excuse, but we like to enjoy ourselves in the time we spend together.

I am a teacher, and I try to walk both before school and during my lunch break. Walking is the only form of exercise I really do. I'd like to tone, so I know I need to add some weights/yoga/etc. to my weekly routine.

Kaye

That's great. I am trying to lose 50 pounds
    Usually after I lose 10 gain it all back. How did you stay motivated to keep it off.
    Mary
  • law102189
    law102189 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Hey all!
    @alf1163 Thanks! Glad to be here!

Had a wicked workout yesterday, lifting and it was pull day. I sure am feeling it, lol. Today is cardio day….I’m going to hold off on that until the evening so I can do some serious stretching or I’m likely to fall off whichever cardio machine I’m on, lol.

@law102189 What is this Apple Cider Vinegar “cocktail” you speak of and what is its purpose. I’m just curious as I have never heard of anyone drinking that let alone 32 ounces of it! :s I'm not knocking it, btw. :)

@xbowhunter Congrats! Keep it up! And you are right 40ish is the new 20ish.

@flutterphotogal503 Awesome! Keep it up the inches will soon follow. This is my two cents…for those micronutrients unless your doctor says you need more then you can really focus on that (a simply blood test will verify that). I feel that if you are eating balanced meals and have a calorie deficit, exercise regularly you will be ok. Granted I have not looked at your diary…but some things to consider for more potassium could be dark leafy greens, fish, avocados and of course bananas. For iron spinach and chicken liver, yes I did say that, lol. I’m severely anemic (as the doctor says) so getting my iron up is a work in progress. And liver is actually quite tasty. But this is coming from a gal who isn’t afraid of eating different meats. Had Kangaroo sliders couple weeks back; that is not high in iron, btw, lol.
    There are many more ways to increase both, those are just suggestions based on my experience so take it for what its worth. :)

@bry_langer Looking good! What app is that?

Its a big weekend here in Toronto as we are hosting the NBA All-Star games. I don’t follow basketball but am excited for cool events going on. More specifically the Nike train!!! The train runs on our subway line and as a Nike+ member you can hop on and do some shopping while the train takes you to your destination, lol. So that’ll be my weekend! My Valentine’s day gift to myself…….Nike gear BAM!

Everyone have a fantastic weekend and enjoy your valentine's day festivities whatever they may be!

• law102189
    Options
    Hi @ameerah3333 the apple cider vinegar cocktail is supposed to regulate appetite by preventing insulin spikes and aiding digestion and metabolism. I mix 1/3 cup organic raw apple cider vinegar, 1/8 cup lemon juice, 1 tsp or so of cinnamon, dash of cayenne pepper and 64 oz water. This last 2 days. In the beginning I used to add honey too but don't need it now. I drink it from when I wake up until dinner time instead of plain water
    Takes a little getting used to, raw ACV has a lot of sediment called mother so it looks a bit odd.
    I have noticed that my appetite is smaller, I get full faster and I don't crave chips or snacks. I figure it's not expensive, is all natural ingredients and I do think it works, so what's the harm? I just hope i dont smell like a salad
    LOL...
  • law102189
    Options
    Clean eating, whatever that really means, won't lead to weight loss unless it means you eat fewer calories.

• law102189
    Options
    Still getting used to posting here. By clean eating simply mean focused on lean proteins, veggies, whole grains and fruit, avoiding processed foods and white flour. I am logging my food now take sure in staying within caloric guidelines. Goal is 1200 daily for 2 lb a week loss
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    BACK! DONE!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    trentnert wrote: »
    @gam3rguy do you agree with the reviews on Deadpool ? Did they *kitten* the bed ? Im seeing it tonight !
    I liked it! saw it twice now...and I really don't do that anymore. last time I saw a movie twice in the theatre was Kick-*kitten*!

• gam3rguy
    Options
    gam3rguy wrote: »
    trentnert wrote: »
    I liked it! saw it twice now...and I really don't do that anymore. last time I saw a movie twice in the theatre was Kick-*kitten*!
    really MFP...you censored that? @#%$&#&!!!

• Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,948 Member
    Options
    My lungs are still too mucus-filled for a cardio workout. So, rest day it is! Zzzzzzzzz.
  • 3furballs
    3furballs Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Kettlebell and kickboxing today. Kickboxing and self defence last night and a little snow shoveling, hubby did most of it. It's been snowing for days now. Apparently mother nature decided to give us November, December and January snow all in a few days! Not sure exactly how much we've gotten but there is is day about 1.5 feet of snow that wasn't there Wednesday!

• ScoobaChick
    ScoobaChick Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Zumba, push-ups, back squats and some flexibility exercises today.

Hubby is back from his business trip for 2 days so it will be slightly harder for me to keep food on track (he thinks all the weighing food is stupid).

It's beautifully sunny here but brutally cold (-25°C). I need warmth and summer!

@ameerah3333 - Would you believe I have never seen a full hockey game? Never been to one. My husband doesn't care much about it nor do my boys. I'm guessing I would get deported if Canada could deport me to another country lol!
  • ameerah3333
    Options
    Didn't do much in terms of exercise today....this will be rest day numero dos. I perhaps was a bit too excited to be lifting so I must of over done it, lol. Now look at me :neutral: Good news is I'm not as sore as I was yesterday :smiley:

Thanks for the info @law102189. Learn something new everyday :)

What?! @scoobachick I didn’t know that people like you and your family existed, especially in MTL, lol. You should be deported, lol. *just kidding*

@acajunintexas Welcome, welcome!