40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• allenpriest
    allenpriest Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    Scouts at an outdoor adventure weekend in a state park. Activity through lunch tomorrow then a three hour drive home.
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    LEGS! DONE! WRECKED!
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,930 Member
    Options
    I did cardio yesterday. ZOOM!

Rest day today.

Hubby is gone all week, scuba diving with friends. My sole goal, this week, is to NOT evening snack at all. None. BOOM!
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    Hi! Not been 40 long but wonder if I'll like this group :smile:
  • triddering
    triddering Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I did a 5 mile walk today! It took me 1.5 hrs. The last two miles/laps were a bit slower than my regular 3 miles/ hr, but I am thrilled to have done them at once!
  • mjwarbeck
    mjwarbeck Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    building up strength as well as losing the weight...pretty much 2 months in: roughly 20 lbs down and today did 2x10x190lb on the bench press...and finished with a 4 rep set of 225lb. Two months ago 3x10x140 was an ordeal....getting close to where I was in my early 30's.
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    mjwarbeck wrote: »
    building up strength as well as losing the weight...pretty much 2 months in: roughly 20 lbs down and today did 2x10x190lb on the bench press...and finished with a 4 rep set of 225lb. Two months ago 3x10x140 was an ordeal....getting close to where I was in my early 30's.

Impressive!!! Good job!!
  • alf1163
    Options
    triddering wrote: »
    I did a 5 mile walk today! It took me 1.5 hrs. The last two miles/laps were a bit slower than my regular 3 miles/ hr, but I am thrilled to have done them at once!

Nice!!! Keep up the good work!! I wished I had the time today to be outdoors for a nice walk. The day was so beautiful, low 80's!!!! I'm in South Central Texas.

Beeps, good goal!!! I've been pretty successful lately not eating past 7pm. Good job!!

Good night!
  • oofdieblunk
    oofdieblunk Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    42 here! Just started logging into this site again. Lost approximately 50 lbs 2 years ago and slowly gained it all back and then some! Would love to be a part of this group if you will have me!!
  • kimiuzzell
    kimiuzzell Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Happy new month everyone!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    BACK! DONE!
  • alf1163
    Options
    42 here! Just started logging into this site again. Lost approximately 50 lbs 2 years ago and slowly gained it all back and then some! Would love to be a part of this group if you will have me!!

Of course! Come on in!

• blp66
    blp66 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I don't know how to actually join this. I'm 49 hoping to be down 30 pounds (40 would be even better!) by the time I turn 50 in November. I already like MFP so much more than anything I've ever tried before. Such a great sense of support with these groups and friends you make to cheer each other on and pick each other back up after a bad day or slip. Just getting back to basics and counting calories makes so much more sense than just carbs, points, cutting out food groups, etc. Tracking is the key for sure, but having like minded and like spirited peeps to share the ride with is wonderful!
  • nadler64
    nadler64 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard, newbies!

Finished a virtual Ironman last week, started my third today. Despite good intentions, this morning's workout ended up being 1400 yards instead of my usual 2000+ swim. Two days spent wrestling with a wallpaper steamer just sucked the life out of me...
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    Bis & Tris=DONE!
  • nadler64
    nadler64 Posts: 124 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Had fasting blood work early so had just enough time to squeeze in 7.5 miles, core, and upper body. Reward? My quarterly Bacon Egg and Cheese Biscuit. Guilty pleasure
  • triddering
    triddering Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I just had a co-worker come selling Girl Scout cookies... I read the nutrition info (never have I done that for those before) and I donated for the military without buying the cookies!!! That was hard, but I am thankful I am not getting a setback due to indulging in the cookies!!!
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,930 Member
    Options
    Oh my. Girl guide cookies are you the BEST! Yum!

I lifted, today. BOOM!
  • allenpriest
    allenpriest Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    triddering wrote: »
    I just had a co-worker come selling Girl Scout cookies... I read the nutrition info (never have I done that for those before) and I donated for the military without buying the cookies!!! That was hard, but I am thankful I am not getting a setback due to indulging in the cookies!!!

learning how little the girls make on those has made it easier to say no.
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    Shoulders=Done!

my mom bought girl scout cookies, just to support them. I have them now...I will eat them...ALL of them. :p