40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• SusanDSME
    SusanDSME Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    cjv73 wrote: »
    @SusanDSME I'm not running yet, but I'm hoping to get back to it soon. For now I'm walking the Niagara Escarpment stairs a few times each week to build my endurance back up.

That sounds like a great start! And beautiful, too.

@caramelgyrlk Good luck with your last week of PT!
    @tzbmidland I'm glad exercise helps. It is really helping me... running is lifting my depression like nothing else I've tried has.

I went for a run in 4 inches of fresh snow. Beautiful, but butt-kicking! It was like running on dry sand. Dang.
    Tomorrow it's going to rain (I prefer not to run in cold rain) and then it's going to drop into the 20s. We'll see how I do with that.

I ran the numbers this morning, and my BMI has dropped from overweight down to normal. High normal, but I'll take it!
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    "Body Beast Bulk: Back"=Done!
  • BettyM1017
    BettyM1017 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    Hey cool kids! Yes, I'm still alive! Yes, I'm still working out everyday! It's just been such a crazy full season for me right now. My daughter's wedding is at the end of January. Christmas is coming up. Work has been super busy. Every day is very full!

However, I've been good about getting those workouts in and eating healthy. I've been doing CG (Camp Gladiator) twice a week and Hammer and Chisel the rest of the week with a little running, rock climbing, and kayaking thrown in for good measure.

I survived my first half marathon in November. I did it in 2:29:47. Not a spectacular time but way better than I thought I was capable of! Up until the day before the race I swore I'd never do another one, but the race was amazing! That's when I realized that it isn't the race that I dreaded, it's the training! Lol!

Conquered Mud Endeavor 9 last week. My daughter joined me and loved it! I was pretty proud of myself for nailing the monkey bars and the rope climb, but I fell off the rings. I guess I need a few pointers from @gam3rguy !

Tomorrow is the Jingle Bell 5K and then no more races until January! But the training will continue. I have serious goals here!

I am praying you all have an amazing and unforgettable holiday season. Be safe out there. Christmas shoppers are crazy!
  • QuikDogs
    QuikDogs Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Four weeks out from my powerlifting meet. Coach has us on a prep program as of last night. I was super depressed last week when I could barely pull 113 kg on the deadlift. I pulled 122.5 in a meet in September! Being sick for over a month has really impacted my strength. But LAST NIGHT, I did better! Program was for a 3 rep max. Basically, keep doing 3s until you fail. I failed at 105, which is really great compared to last week's 1 rep max of 113.

Best part was, the weightlifters (Olympic weightlifters) were ALL watching. One came over to ask me advice on pulling sumo...I told him to stick with conventional and coached him a bit on tightening up his legs. It's so much fun for me to outlift women 1/2 my age, then be asked to coach one of the guys. lol This never never happens when I am doing the Olys. I pretty much suck at those. But maybe someday...
  • allenpriest
    allenpriest Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    Almost human after the nine hour time change related jet lag.

Now to get logging back under control.
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    Went to Interval with weight class last night. Good class. The next two weeks are charity classes where one can pay whatever they want and all money raised goes to charity. This year, they are doing it in memory of my dear friend that died suddenly in October. She was a fitness instructor for many, many years and passionate about health and fitness. In fact, she started regular fitness classes in our town over 20 years ago. Money raised is to create a bursary in her name for someone wanting to pursue a career in Health and fitness. :)
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    Stronglifts 5x5 with some pyramid lifts mixed - done.

5k scheduled tonight with some Daddy/Daughter rock-climbing time.
  • tzbmidland
    tzbmidland Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Today is a snow shoveling day. That is my work out. Plus will go on the treadmill once the driveway is cleared again.
    Meals are on track. Feeling bloated but I know its just all the water.
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,951 Member
    Options
    Well, the fact Jones won in Alabama means there might be hope for the future of the USA after all! Canada sure hopes so...

...I lifted today. BOOM!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "Body Beast Bulk: Arms"=Done!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    BettyM1017 wrote: »
    Conquered Mud Endeavor 9 last week. My daughter joined me and loved it! I was pretty proud of myself for nailing the monkey bars and the rope climb, but I fell off the rings. I guess I need a few pointers from @gam3rguy !
    LOL! rings are rough...especially if you (or they) spin. my gym doesn't have rings to train on either.

• tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    Beast Total Body - tough, but love it!
  • aaronagostini
    aaronagostini Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I've been thinking about doing Body Beast, but have such a long way to go with weight loss I've held off. Folks here have had good results with it?
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Options
    @BettyM1017 , Big congrats on completing a first half marathon! Its a great distance to race.

I'm slowly returning to form while nursing a shoulder injury. I can't swim until the injury heals, but I have done quite a bit of spinning and some running to maintain basic fitness.

Now if I can just keep a safe distance from the Christmas cookies.....
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "Body Beast Bulk: Shoulders"=Done!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    I've been thinking about doing Body Beast, but have such a long way to go with weight loss I've held off. Folks here have had good results with it?

pick the right weights and keep the pace with the dvds and it can get pretty "cardio". eat at a deficit and weight loss will happen.
  • aaronagostini
    aaronagostini Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    gam3rguy wrote: »

pick the right weights and keep the pace with the dvds and it can get pretty "cardio". eat at a deficit and weight loss will happen.

Cool, thanks! What weights do you use with it? Adjustable db's or barbell?
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    gam3rguy wrote: »

Cool, thanks! What weights do you use with it? Adjustable db's or barbell?
    I have a pretty decent collection of pre made dumbbells. With “platemates” I have from 5# to 75#.
    r6jrzcmj1p1z.jpeg
    I also have a 300# Olympic barbell set, with Olympic curling bar.
    bvrnk8iukese.jpeg
    s49afbe1fkbs.jpeg
    Adjustable bench.
    400c6lp0djmg.jpeg

• sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    Hi all, winter is here with vengeance, and I mean the COLD. Snowshoed last night and it was bitter cold. Shivered for a good 2 hours afterward as I just could not warm up. Cold again this morning, and I am still cold from the drive in to work and that was 3 hours ago. Bbbrrrr!

Christmas bridge party tonight, so am going to miss the charity workout class. :( Maybe my shivering can count as today's calorie burn? ;)

@Beeps2011 - I agree! Alabama was a pleasant surprise. However, the majority of WHITE males and females still voted for him. WTF? :astonished: