gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    "Body Beast Bulk: Shoulders"=Done!
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,718 Member
    Options
    QuikDogs wrote: »
    QuikDogs wrote: »
    Front squats last night 3 sets of 5 at 38kg. Thought I was going to die. But I didn't.

I have had a cold or recovering or another cold or recovering since Halloween. I'm pretty weak, but I have a meet mid January and I'm going no matter what. In my division, which I like to call the "Are you still breathing? Great! Come to Nationals!" division, it's just not very competitive. lol

Are you able to do a front squat with a regular bar? My wrists don't bend back that far, so I use a fat bar and cradle it against my chest. As much fun as a loaded squat can be. HAHA!

Yes, I can. My only real mobility problem is the overhead squat, and really the problem there is between my ears lol. I squat *kitten* to grass too, I’m oddly proud of that, this almost 60 year old can do what many of the 20 somethings cannot. TeamOldFarts!

Good for you. I squat to a low box most of the time to make sure that I am getting thighs parallel to the floor. I envy your flexibility.

• Michie112g
    Michie112g Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    43 here mother of 3 and grandmother of 1.
    Been using MFP for a year lost -38 gained back 6 since October. Haven’t been able to get back on track always have a reason add me I’ll support you and we support Each
  • SusanDSME
    SusanDSME Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Finally broke the five-pound barrier! I'm down 5.4 since I started tracking calories here on November 4.
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    Beast rest day...Pokémon hunting in the snow!! We’re taking a break, but gonna head back out after lunch!

5p31aeudf41c.png
    e51zocgq5gm3.png
    amm5aa84x2ho.png
  • allenpriest
    allenpriest Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    HOME! !
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "Body Beast Bulk: Chest"=Done!
  • SusanDSME
    Options
    So frustrated...we were going to go for a hike in the fresh snow, but instead the day was spent clearing space for a Christmas tree while the rest of the family headed for the woods to find one. Looks like my only option for exercise today is the stationary bike. Boo.
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "Body Beast Bulk: Legs"=Done!
  • cjv73
    cjv73 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    gam3rguy wrote: »
    Beast rest day...Pokémon hunting in the snow!! We’re taking a break, but gonna head back out after lunch!

5p31aeudf41c.png
    e51zocgq5gm3.png
    amm5aa84x2ho.png

That's strange, your dog doesn't seem to notice them! :tongue:
  • cjv73
    Options
    Chandra here, will be 44 this month, married mom of five. Have been heavier all my life, but always fit (distance running, CrossFit, half marathons, etc.) until some personal and health problems two years ago caused me to pack on an extra 50 pounds in about half a year. Working on getting that off (plus an extra 40 that was already hanging around). I'm down about 16lbs since I got serious about it this fall.
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    cjv73 wrote: »
    gam3rguy wrote: »

5p31aeudf41c.png
    e51zocgq5gm3.png
    amm5aa84x2ho.png

That's strange, your dog doesn't seem to notice them! :tongue:

LOL! Nope.

ue8vgszq7j39.jpeg

• SusanDSME
    Options
    Chandra here, will be 44 this month, married mom of five. Have been heavier all my life, but always fit (distance running, CrossFit, half marathons, etc.) until some personal and health problems two years ago caused me to pack on an extra 50 pounds in about half a year. Working on getting that off (plus an extra 40 that was already hanging around). I'm down about 16lbs since I got serious about it this fall.

Wow! Sounds like you're off to a great start. Are you running as part of your weight loss efforts? I'm always looking for other runners for mutual encouragement. (I'm a beginning runner...started in Sept. and just got to the point where I can run 5k)
  • cjv73
    Options
    @SusanDSME I'm not running yet, but I'm hoping to get back to it soon. For now I'm walking the Niagara Escarpment stairs a few times each week to build my endurance back up.
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,718 Member
    Options
    @SusanDSME I'm not running yet, but I'm hoping to get back to it soon. For now I'm walking the Niagara Escarpment stairs a few times each week to build my endurance back up.

Just curious - What is the elevation change/steps on the Niagara Escarpment stairs?
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    Normally I work out every day and have no issues...this weekend, however, I'm having random annoying knee pain (doesn't stay long) and my hips are kind of sore and achey...not sure if it's just age or the weather, but I officially don't like it at all...<sigh>
  • evilokc
    evilokc Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    had good weekend. a couple of good workouts and a lot of garage project work.
  • tzbmidland
    tzbmidland Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    It's Monday! 45 power walk on my lunch break.
    Weighed in on Saturday and down 10lbs. I am motivated :) Just the strength I have now (shoveled snow all weekend and felt great!) is motivation. I'm not a lazy wimp now.
  • tzbmidland
    tzbmidland Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    @SusanDSME Thank-you. Heartbreak will keep you awake. I am much better now. Healthy fuel and exercise is a great thing.
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    Back from my short, but lovely Florida vacation. Now back to reality. Haven't caught up on the posts yet, but did want to pop in and say "hello". :)