40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Replies

• BettyM1017
    BettyM1017 Posts: 616 Member
    @b3achy Thanks for the idea for a new "hunting" ground! My daughter likes Safety Harbor, too.

Bummer about the water being too choppy right now. However, I love the cooler temperatures blowing in! Now, if we could just turn those clocks back so the sun comes up earlier, I'd be thrilled! I just can't muster any enthusiasm at 7AM if it's still dark!
  • BettyM1017
    agbmom556 wrote: »
    @BettyM1017 - do you make homemade soap? I have always wanted to try it. Last year I made lavender salts for gifts.

I sure do. I have 40 bars curing right now, but I need about 100 more!

An easy way to get started is to use melt and pour soaps. A lot less stress since you're not using lye. Check out a few books from the library and definitely hit YouTube. You'll get a lot of great ideas there. Let me know if you try it!
  • nelja
    nelja Posts: 282 Member
    Hi. Had a awesome ride with my bicycle today. It is realy hot here in the mid of summer
  • b3achy
    b3achy Posts: 1,985 Member
    edited November 2016
    Easy day today - Radio Taiso, Sumo Squats, and hit the gym - abs, arms and legs. Was hoping to do some balance work, but they don't really have what I need at my gym, so had to make a few requests. Had thought I'd have to walk to the gym, but my car registration tags came in the mail today (2 days early)! I was glad because I didn't really have the extra time to do the walking either, but it's still on the table for those days when I want some extra cardio.
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    nadler64 wrote: »
    Hi y'all. Been lurking but not posting much.

After a fun summer of sprint triathlons and 5ks, I went and did it...signed up for a half marathon in April. And an Olympic length triathlon in June. I've lost my marbles.

Sounds like you'll double your fun next season. The good news is that marbles are not a requirement for either HM running or Oly distance triathlons.
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    "P90X2 X2 Recovery + Mobility"=Done!
  • narak_lol
    narak_lol Posts: 855 Member
    Laying low this couple days coz I've got a cycling weekend coming up. Today is the second day of no biking, i hit the gym instead and did an hour of some light full body workout.
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Only made it to one workout class yesterday. On Wednesdays I like to do 2 back to back workouts. It was a good one though. The things she makes us do! I think she thinks up new ways to torture us. lol.

Curled my first game of the season on Tuesday. Have to admit my upper body was a tad sore yesterday.
  • MJFSH
    MJFSH Posts: 7,252 Member
    Shortcut to Size: Shoulders, Traps and Calves done. Shoulders workouts are the toughest for me. Still ahh and oohhing when using my arms and shoulders
  • caramelgyrlk
    caramelgyrlk Posts: 1,112 Member
    Sdereski, so nice to see a post from you. On Wednesdays, I normally do 2 classes also, TRX and Barre/Balletone afterwards. I am covering for a coworker this week and took boot camp at 6 a.m. Any races coming up?
    Has anyone heard from Larro? I truly miss him. Well it's back, legs and glutes day. Have a wonderful weekend everyone.
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Today is just a 3 mile shake out run to loosen up the legs for a half marathon trail race tomorrow. Going to get in "full racing mode" tonight, as my wife and I are entered in the Urban Challenge, a local version of the Amazing Race. Dinner to follow with some tri club friends and then I will be prepped and ready for Saturday morning's race.

Happy Friday, all.
  • misscagal
    misscagal Posts: 195 Member
    Djproulx wrote: »
    Today is just a 3 mile shake out run to loosen up the legs for a half marathon trail race tomorrow. Going to get in "full racing mode" tonight, as my wife and I are entered in the Urban Challenge, a local version of the Amazing Race. Dinner to follow with some tri club friends and then I will be prepped and ready for Saturday morning's race.

Happy Friday, all.
    Sounds like a lot of fun! ;good luck n your race and urban challenge
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    "P90X2 P.A.P. Lower"=Done!
  • BettyM1017
    gam3rguy wrote: »
    "P90X2 P.A.P. Lower"=Done!

Good job keeping up on those workouts even though you're on vacation! Then again, it's you. I wouldn't expect anything less!
  • BettyM1017
    P90X Day 12: Legs & Back and a 3-mile fartlek run...DONE! Wow! That hurt! I haven't done a fartlek run in a month. That kicked my booty today!
  • tojo_73
    tojo_73 Posts: 213 Member
    Yoga today. I am getting (have) a cold which is sapping my exercise motivation. Hope everyone has a good weekend
  • b3achy
    b3achy Posts: 1,985 Member
    tojo_73 wrote: »
    Yoga today. I am getting (have) a cold which is sapping my exercise motivation. Hope everyone has a good weekend

Feel better soon!
  • MiamiSeoul
    MiamiSeoul Posts: 1,809 Member
    tojo_73 wrote: »

Vitamin C, chicken soup & rest.

Feel better soon!