40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• b3achy
    b3achy Posts: 2,020 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    @tojo_73 - nice picture! Where were you skiing? I miss visiting the cold once a year to get a ski trip in.

@TmacMMM - Happy Birthday! Welcome to the cool kids! BTW, I'm not really cool enough to be here, but don't tell anyone...they let me keep posting anyway ;)
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    @TmacMMM Welcome and Happy Birthday. I think indoor rowing qualifies for Cool Kid status. Good to have another endurance athlete in the group!
  • __TMac__
    __TMac__ Posts: 1,665 Member
    Options
    b3achy wrote: »
    @TmacMMM - Happy Birthday! Welcome to the cool kids! BTW, I'm not really cool enough to be here, but don't tell anyone...they let me keep posting anyway ;)
    Excellent! Maybe some of the coolness will rub off on us. I can hope, anyway. :)
    Djproulx wrote: »
    @TmacMMM Welcome and Happy Birthday. I think indoor rowing qualifies for Cool Kid status. Good to have another endurance athlete in the group!
    Thanks for the welcome, and the birthday wishes!

• gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    "REST DAY"=...FAILED!!! 59 (!) tire flips!! no rest. don't know how many more than that i'll be able to get. gonna need to lay on the floor and be dead for a little while. followed the flips with a superset of throwing the slamball up at a target/catch and go into low squat/ monkey bars...3 rounds. was gonna hit some abs...but NOOOOOOOPE!!
  • MiamiSeoul
    MiamiSeoul Posts: 1,809 Member
    Options
    TmacMMM wrote: »
    Not sure if I'm cool enough for this crowd, but I'm gonna risk it because today is my 46th birthday, and if you can't take a risk on your birthday... :)

I'm focusing on performance, and trusting that the weight loss will come. I'm 30 lbs down, 50 to go. In past years, I've done road races, tris, and open-water swimming. Now I'm training for an indoor rowing race. It's a new sport for me and I have a coach to help me with form and to write a good training plan. The idea is to transition to actual on-the-water masters rowing this summer.

Yesterday was a successful almost-race-pace 2k test, so today was a light day: a short run, followed by 3k steady-state rowing meters, and then a little haphazard lifting to kill time before I had to leave.

33s2ftk4edct.gif

• caramelgyrlk
    caramelgyrlk Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    Hey kids, I survived my first powerlifting class. My body is awake for sure now. I did not feel it until a few hours later. I have a goal to wear shorts this summer. I have cut the barre and ballet classes and replaced them with weights/HIIT circuits. This is my new schedule.

Sunday - Hot Yoga
    Monday - TRX
    Tuesday - Meltdown (crossfit style class)
    Wednesday - BootCamp
    Thursday- Powerlifting
    Friday - Strength Training
    Saturday- Free for all

As Beeps so eloquently says, "BOOM".

Have a great day everyone.
  • tojo_73
    tojo_73 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    @TmacMMM Happy Birthday
    @b3achy That day we were at Grouse Mountain which is one of the local mountains in North Vancouver. Not particularly large but 15minutes door to door from my house (if you look really hard you could see our house in the photo :) )
    @gam3rguy that's alot of tire flips!
  • Djproulx
    Options
    @elizabeppes - PM sent...
    @gam3rguy - 59 tire flips is impressive! (but hasn't anyone told you they move easier if you roll them?)

Struggled through an early morning strength session with my trainer today, since I did not recover well from last night's run/swim session. Tonight's easy treadmill run will be better. :wink:
  • __TMac__
    __TMac__ Posts: 1,665 Member
    Options
    Rowing: 2x20:00/5:00r. Stroke rating pyramids.
    Treadmill: 30 min @ 10% incline & 3.5 mph.

My back is ouchy so I'll also do some yoga and foam rolling before bed tonight.
  • melsouth1972
    melsouth1972 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I'm not that cool either lol. I could always do with new weight loss buddies though
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,945 Member
    Options
    A slight uptick in my scale-weight...grrrrrrrr....I am focusing on "inputs" (calorie-deficit, logging, sleep, exercise), so I promise not tomget toooooo KOO KOO about the "outputs". It will come.

Lifting done for today. BOOM!
  • MJFSH
    MJFSH Posts: 7,252 Member
    Options
    Shoulders, Traps, Calves done!

not feeling all excited, maybe a cardio session needed to pump the blood or maybe flipping some tires?
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "Body Beast Bulk: Chest"=Done!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    I'll be flipping desks and credenzas instead of a tire today.
  • caramelgyrlk
    caramelgyrlk Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday kids, strength training done. Hope all of you have a great weekend.
    gam3rguy, you are strong enough to flip desks and credenzas. Post a pic afterwards (lol)
  • CasperNaegle
    CasperNaegle Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    TGIF!! It's a shoulder day. Hope everyone has a great weekend.
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

Frigid cold here this past week. Ran Tuesday, walked Wed & Thursday. Still getting it done outside, so that's cool. No pun intended.
    Snowshoe hike on tap for tomorrow.

Hope to get back to P90X this weekend as well. I love the workouts, Tony, not so much. ;)
  • Djproulx
    Options
    Happy Friday, cool ones.....

60 minutes on the bike trainer on tap for today.

Training will get more interesting this weekend, since we'll start to move our race pace work into the long runs. Seventeen miler will start out as 3 miles easy, then 4@ race pace, 3 easy, 4 Race pace, then finish with 3 easy. Temps will be around 20 degrees, so keeping water bottles unfrozen will be a chore.

Shorter, easy paced run is planned for Sunday, followed by our first 90 minute swim clinic session. Then its nap time.
  • MJFSH
    MJFSH Posts: 7,252 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday Coolests!!!!

Shortcut to Size: Legs and Abs done!

Hopefully will have time for some yoga and HIIT over the weekend.
  • tojo_73
    tojo_73 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    AOS Providence done