40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Replies

• sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Love the pictures @gam3rguy !
  • __TMac__
    __TMac__ Posts: 1,669 Member
    Boat house is flooded out, so no rowing tonight. Leaving now to run 3m of intervals.
  • caramelgyrlk
    caramelgyrlk Posts: 1,112 Member
    Gam3rguy, Nothing like action photos that speak 1000 words. I aspire to be like you when I grow up (smile). AWESOME is what you are. Hey kids, hope all is well. Weightlifting/powerlifting class done. I was trained to not use back braces. After this one, hmmm, may have to rethink it. Have a great day kids.
  • b3achy
    b3achy Posts: 2,095 Member
    edited June 2017
    Great pix - @gam3rguy! Good luck @CSARdiver!!

Got a gym workout in today (stretching, squats on the SPRI 360, standard weights circuit)...kept it easy since I have a 2 mile SUP race on Saturday...though I'll probably still be sore. First day without rain in about a week, so came home to do some board cleaning (still dirty from my last race two weeks ago) and work on/with my boards (have a new travel bag that I had to try out to see if board fit and if I could still get it on top of my car) in prep for my drive to the race tomorrow (2.5 hours south, so we're staying overnight locally).

Hope everyone has a great weekend! Keep it cool, kids!!
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    "P90X3 Decelerator"=Done!
  • gam3rguy
    Gam3rguy, Nothing like action photos that speak 1000 words. I aspire to be like you when I grow up (smile). AWESOME is what you are. Hey kids, hope all is well. Weightlifting/powerlifting class done. I was trained to not use back braces. After this one, hmmm, may have to rethink it. Have a great day kids.

"grow up"? :| what is this "grow up" you speak of? does it taste good? :p
  • orionaimee
    orionaimee Posts: 89 Member

Interested in hearing more about your weightlifting class. Is this an organized class at a gym? I have been following a program on my own that I found online but have no clue what I am doing. I pay for a membership at 9Round and they don't have weights but I really feel that the strenghth training has made a difference for me and would like to explore it more.
  • gam3rguy
    "P90X3 X3 Yoga"=Done!
  • allenpriest
    allenpriest Posts: 1,102 Member
    edited June 2017
    Went to the doc for the annual physical yesterday . She was thrilled with my continued weight loss. Here I was apologetic for slowing down the rate of loss but she was excited to have a mid 50s patient with any loss at all.

Now she's still after my fit that colonoscopy. .. :(
  • __TMac__
    edited June 2017
    Cardio + upper body/core.. I'll be marching, carrying this thing, and playing for several hours today.

Edit: The drum, not the kid. :)
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Hi all,

@allenpriest - great feeling when you pass inspection with the MD, congrats. Now, about the colonoscopy...I got nothing.
    @TmacMMM - that thing looks like a lot of fun to whack, but I"d be dead after 5 minutes of carrying it.
    @czvanut - Nice Guns!

This is the last weekend before my first "A" race of this season, the Patriot Half Iron in Mass. OW swim last night, race day simulation bike/transition run today, race day simulation swim and long run tomorrow. After that its taper time! Oh yeah, and finally time to spread the big pile of mulch sitting on my driveway that I've ignored for 2 weeks.:)

Stay Cool.
  • b3achy
    b3achy Posts: 2,095 Member
    edited June 2017
    TLDR...no race, lots of driving, a little bit of exercise...mostly loading board on/off car.

Details...
    Well my weekend workout consisted of loading my board on my car...driving for three hours (with stops to check to make sure the board was secure)...once at the hotel, readjusting the board on the car so it would be ready for the race in the morning...getting up, unloading board, paddling to race site (~.5 mile)...wiping out on a wave as I was coming into the beach (so I've got a nice bruise/welt on my knee from hitting the bottom)...being put on race hold because of thunderstorms...standing around in the rain...sitting in a friend's hotel room during the worst of the thunderstorms...heading out to find out the race had to be cancelled after a three hour delay...standing around for the raffle drawings (won a waterproof phone case!)...paddling back to hotel to load board on the car...loading board on the car in the next rain shower...walking back to the race location in the rain for lunch...eating...walking back to hotel...FINALLY changing out of wet clothes...more securing of board on the car before leaving town...driving 2 hours...buying new pants at the Columbia outlet (went from sizes 10-12 to 6 (and almost 4) after losing nearly 30 pounds, but this is my first chance to start replacing my cargo pants/shorts)...getting back on the road for an hour...driving car into garage with board still on it as I was tired...slept for 10 hours...and finally this morning getting up to get the board off the car, and laying out the board bags in the garage to dry out as they were sopping wet still.

Still had fun as I love the paddling community and hanging out with old friends and making new friends. Was good to see so many folks out supporting Special Olympics with this race. And glad the race director made the hard call in favor of safety to cancel the race. The event was run impeccably (great swag and pre-race party, great organization, nice opening ceremonies, the awards looked awesome (even though we didn't get any), great raffle, lovely lunch, deals on hotel rooms, and they had a post race party that I wasn't able to stay for, and a great / inspiring charity). We are already looking forward to next year's race.

Hope you've had a dry weekend, cool kids...I'm loving spending the day in some dry clothes today! :)
  • __TMac__
    As predicted, my entire upper body is sore today. Also predicted, bruises on upper thighs from resting the drum harness there while putting it on and taking it off. I'll have perma-bruises there until the season ends in August.

Today, rest day. Slept in. House cleaning, then dinner out with the family. Salad, pizza, and a dish of ice cream should do nicely.
  • gam3rguy
    "P90X3 Dynamix"=Done!
  • gam3rguy
    "P90X3 Eccentric Upper"=Done!
  • Morgaen73
    Morgaen73 Posts: 2,817 Member
    Shoulders & Triceps + protein hot chocolate done and dusted :)