40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• Redladystl
    Redladystl Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    PSsst! Hey cool kids, whats up?? I'm 43, and an empty nester. On this journey for a while with some pit falls, good thing I know how to climb!! Love to kick it you guys.
  • titanium96
    titanium96 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    42 for me....almost 43. I am the fittest, strongest, fastest and most flexible than I have ever been in my life.
  • twoboysnmygirl
    twoboysnmygirl Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Could I join a couple months early?!?!? :flowerforyou: I'm 40 on March 5th and this is JUST where I need to be! It's been looming for the last 2 years, my dh says I'm going to have a mid-life...and I'm determined to be in better shape and look better than I did in my 20s (which won't be THAT hard since I have been overweight my entire adulthood and pregnant 3x's in my 20s! :laugh:

I'm a runner. (still hard to type that!) Off and on for a few years, I got serious last year, but my eating wasn't in control and I injured my feet pushing too hard/too fast. Plantar Fasciitis. I was hoping to run the 1/2 Princess marathon at WDW, but the PF got really bad in January this year and it took 9 months to get better! I have been biking instead and just in the last month or so I'm back to running! It feels FANTASTIC!

Found MFP mid-July and it's so SIMPLE! Not always easy, but so simple and I feel a total shift in my head and my body from tracking. Losing at a nice steady rate and feeling great!

Anyway (sorry, tend to ramble)...turning 40 seems to be a big deal for me, I think mostly b/c I feel like I wasted so many years being overweight and unhealthy and now I'm finally getting it and it feels too late? I'm working on that attitude, so I would love to surround myself with other fabulous 40s! :love:

Karen

(guess there is no way to subscribe to threads?)
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    Welcome to all the new great cool kids!!
    No run today, but Insanity Cardio Recovery done.

Thanksgiving dinner tonight. Went a little over in my cals.:tongue:

Planning for tomorrow to be better. :flowerforyou:
  • katierrt
    katierrt Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    been with mfp for a while now, just a bit newer to msg boards. Fixing to be 43 in a few days, would love more friends and support on here. Feel free to add me. Nice to meet all of you! :)
  • Katbody10
    Katbody10 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I'm new - 46 years old. Been with MFP for just over 2 weeks now .. and have no friends here yet. I still feeling my way around and quietly plugging along. I don't have much to lose, but I'm really enjoying the info I'm finding here along with tracking my food and exercise. Nice to meet everyone! :happy:
  • scribb
    scribb Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    I'm new - 46 years old. Been with MFP for just over 2 weeks now .. and have no friends here yet. I still feeling my way around and quietly plugging along. I don't have much to lose, but I'm really enjoying the info I'm finding here along with tracking my food and exercise. Nice to meet everyone! :happy:

It is nice to meet you too. Glad to see you on here
  • scribb
    scribb Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    Nice weekend. Ran a 10 mile run on Saturday, 4 mile run on Sunday, and a nice 4 mile walk on Sunday. Less than a week before my half marathon.
  • missjennifer1966
    missjennifer1966 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I just hit 46 on 09/27. Not sure what is going on, but have lost not a pound in 2 weeks. Still measuring and counting everything, and exercising:(
  • kristym0716
    kristym0716 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    HI All, I wanna join, I turned 41 in July. I've only been at MFP for 10 days, but I'm loving it already and it's really been keeping me motivated. I started working out with Jillian, but my joints told me otherwise so I switched over to Turbo Jam (which I absolutely love!!) and have got at least one workout a day in every day. Even this morning, I was whooped but guilted myself right into a work out. I used to think making myself feel guilty was bad, but now it's a positive for me :)

Have a wonderful day and feel free to friend me,

~Kristy
  • Kristiina67
    Kristiina67 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Turning 45 in a month or so. Nice meeting you! Feel free to add me as your friend.
  • gjulie
    gjulie Posts: 391
    Options
    well I was 44 in May I have 5 kids 3 of them teenagers,Im fitter now then when I was there age I can run 5 K and they cannot!:laugh:
  • mcapone67
    mcapone67 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hello I am 45 yrs old and am training for my 1st - 5k this January. I am on week 3 of the "Couch to 5K" program. Being in your 40's just means you don't give a ++++ what people think, only what you think, wish I had mastered this in my 20's.
  • sdereski
    Options
    Good morning!

Wow, new posters on the board - welcome all new cool kids!! :flowerforyou:

Scribb - great job on that 10 mile run! Helped me get out the door on Saturday and run 8. :happy:

gjulie - Isn't it amazing how we are in better shape now than when we were younger? Congrats on running those 5ks.
    mcapone67 Good luck with your Couch to 5k training! I hear it's a great program.

No workout for me yesterday. had planned to do some strength training. Was waiting for my kids (they had gone hunting) and were planning on being back for lunch. They didn't show until 5! I was getting very worried. Anyway, all was okay. We had a quick dinner of leftovers instead. Too tired to do the insanity workout. was in bed by 9. :tongue:
  • jessejames3ball
    Options
    Only 1 week to go before I'm one of the cool kids. Not sure how I feel about that yet. haha
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,952 Member
    Options
    I'm sooooooooo tired. Slept awfully the last few nights.

Good news is I got my cardio in on Saturday. Got my weight-training in yesterday. Will head to the gym for some light cardio and s-t-r-e-t-c-h-i-n-g today.
  • JulesAtkinson1
    JulesAtkinson1 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Top of the Tuesday mornin' to ya!
    Had a hard time getting motivated this morning, but my Pumpkin Spice coffee surely did help. Here in the great state of SC we cooled down a bit this week, going from a high in the mid eighties to the mid sixties, but warmer weather is slated to return at the end of the week. Personally, I love, love, love cooler weather. Whether it's due to my current fat content or hormones, the heat and humidity of summer drives me insane. :bigsmile:
    Planning on hitting the gym later this evening. I usually do a 10 minute warm up on the treadmill, and then it's on to 40 minutes of weight training (today it's lower body) followed by 20 minutes of intense cardio. I am usually able to do 4 days, alternating upper body with lower body. I would love to do 5, even six, but time is simply not my friend right now. Still, I make the most of my time doing weight training every day that I work out, which I think is a good balance with cardio. On Thrusdays, in addition to my personal workout, I do a group class called "Active", which is 20 minutes step aerobics, 20 minutes weight training, and 20 minutes core exercises (balance, abs, stretching, etc.). It's a pretty decent workout.
    Question: Looking for good HRM. One I can wear like a watch, that is. I have no patience for the ones that go around my chest. They drive me nuts. I have a "MIO" but it only gives me my heart rate, and I want one that will tell me calories burned. Any suggestions?
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    new here too for the past week. turning 45 in a few days. i posted my background details in the introductions group last night, but i don't think anyone saw it. oh well... some days you're the bug, other days you're the windshield.

:)
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,952 Member
    Options
    Jules, I don't have an answer to your question! But, I did want to say that I liked your post....I am ALWAYS time-crunched at the gym - so, yes, I have to fit fitness in within the time alotted, lol.

And, I'm actually off to the gym in about 10 minutes....
  • sdereski
    Options
    Jules, can't help you either in regards to the heart monitor. I have the chest strap kind and I don't like it, so never wear it.I would be interested to know if anyone knows of a good one they would recommend.

winner - congrats on your weight loss! I did read your intro (after I read that you had posted one). Fantastic work so far!! :flowerforyou:

Met my galpals for lunch. Had French Onion soup - it was horrible! So not worth all the sodium! :tongue: