Yup.
  • blakejohn
    blakejohn Posts: 1,129 Member
    Options
    45 and 100 push ups
  • facingfortyfierce
    facingfortyfierce Posts: 5,156 Member
    Options
    12 days to go before I can become cool ;) All I can say is WOW, did time blow by fast! Inside I am still young...without being quite so foolish.....Well, maybe not...lol!
  • BethsBodyBattle
    Options
    48 in 8 days...I would like to think I am a cool mom, but then my 13 year continually reminds me how he thinks I am NOT...What kid does, right??? Hard to believe I am closer to 50 than 40.....So Bizarre!:ohwell:
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    All these new fabulous 40+ cool kids! Welcome!!

I am starting to feel like the old lady on the block. I am way past the 40+ and am now entrenched in the 50+, but I'm staying here!:laugh:
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,987 Member
    Options
    50's are FABULOUS, TOO, sdereski!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • blakejohn
    Options
    12 days to go before I can become cool ;) All I can say is WOW, did time blow by fast! Inside I am still young...without being quite so foolish.....Well, maybe not...lol!

hey no peeking wait your 12 days OMG Kids these days
  • kristym0716
    kristym0716 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I have a magnet on my fridge that says... "The word you're looking for is FABULOUS"

That's us cool kids.. simply fabulous!!!
  • blakejohn
    Options
    lets do a little flash back what's you fav song form the 80's
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X19iZ4CyJf0&feature=fvwrel
  • sting5
    sting5 Posts: 408
    Options
    Hi! I'm turning 48 in March and I like to think I am a cool mom! Feel free to adde me!
  • sting5
    sting5 Posts: 408
    Options
    I mean ADD not adde...guess I am not that cool..lol
  • poutyface
    Options
    Hi!! I just joined the site a week ago, still feeling my way. So, I'm a newbie looking for all the advice and support I can get!! I'm 42 (turning 43 soon, eeek!!) Feel free to add me.
  • Redladystl
    Redladystl Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone. Got some of my workout in so far (5 fast miles w/Leslie Sansone.) Will get some strength in in a few. Just checking out whats going on.
  • justtodayjen333
    justtodayjen333 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Hey all--I just entered the cool kids club this past June--and loving it. Here on MFP going on three weeks--strong! Love the positive energy and support I'm finding here! If you want a new supportive friend, feel free to add me!:)
  • JulesAtkinson1
    JulesAtkinson1 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Good Wednesday Morning!! Got my coffee in hand, ahhhhhh...pumpkin spice, how I've missed you!! :drinker:

Got to the gym yesterday and had a great workout. I cannot believe how much my attitude has changed in the 10 months I've been exercising regularly. I used to be one of those people who absolutely HATED, HATED, HATED anything that would make me sweat. No one hated to exercise more than I did. No. One. Ever. Now, I look forward to my workouts and am actually disappointed when stuff happens and I cannot go. Weird, huh? :huh:

So, my nugget for the day is this: If you hate it now, just keep on keepin on, as the old saying goes. Yes, you sweat. Your hair gets messy, your shirt sticks to you, you stink. But as my trainer told me when I started out:"If you leave here looking as good as you did when you arrived, you haven't accomplished a thing." Some good advice. And, by the way, if that's the case, then it's safe to say I've successfully climbed Everest. :glasses:

WELCOME to the newbies; I'm still a newbie to this message board, too. Feel free to add me as a friend. I only have one rule I follow. If you ask for my opinion or advice, you will get the truth; however, they are never given unsolicited. :bigsmile:

Happy Hump Day, and don't forget to drink your water!!! :drinker:
  • JulesAtkinson1
    JulesAtkinson1 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    lets do a little flash back what's you fav song form the 80's
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X19iZ4CyJf0&feature=fvwrel

Ha! I remember this. My favorite eighties song was "She Blinded Me With Science" by Thomas Dolby. I still listen to it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2IlHgbOWj4o

****************************:glasses: :glasses: :glasses: :glasses: :glasses: :glasses: ************************************
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,987 Member
    Options
    Hello all you fab 40's!

Today, I lift.
  • Linda_Kaye
    Options
    Hi everyone. I'm 44. After years of being unhappy about pretty much everything in life especially my weight I decided this is the year for a change. Since seeing a pic of myself on Mothers Day I started moving my *kitten* instead of sitting on it. Lost 20 pounds so far and plan on losing a lot more. I'm finally looking forward to happier birthdays in the future. :drinker:
  • scribb
    scribb Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    Started last week using a recovery drink after my lifting days. It has made it so I can feel that I lifted, but I am not in pain. I guess it is a change I will keep.

Happy Wednesday to all. Only 4 days until my Half marathon