40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,995 Member
    Options
    Had a great weekend with my nephews and my brother and his wife. It was busy! Back to the gym, today, for me.
  • scribb
    scribb Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    Well, I ran my half marathon this past weekend. Finished in 1:52:24. That is 20 mins faster than I did 2 years ago.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Congratulations, scribb! That's a serious time-shave, so good for you!
  • blakejohn
    blakejohn Posts: 1,129 Member
    Options
    Well, I ran my half marathon this past weekend. Finished in 1:52:24. That is 20 mins faster than I did 2 years ago.

so want to run the half and full marathon it's the goal this year, what kind of training advice do you have
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    Glad to hear you had a great wknd Beeps.

Scribb, congrats once again on your half marathon. Fantastic job taking those 20 minutes off!!

Traveling this week. Did bring my workout gear....lets hope it wasn't just for the ride. :laugh:

Welcome to the new cool kids. :happy:
  • JulesAtkinson1
    JulesAtkinson1 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Ewwww....Monday. Wow. I can really tell I overdid it at the State Fair on Saturday. Foot long corn dog, half a funnel cake, candy apple. :sick:
    Since I've been eating cleaner, I can really tell the difference when I don't. I feel sluggish, bloated, blah. :frown:
    On the other hand, it's a good lesson as to how different foods affect us. :flowerforyou:

Anyway, back on the wagon today, gym workout planned for later. It's a balmy but rainy 78 here in SC. We had cooler weather for a little while. Long enough for the hubby to fill up my gas tank for my fireplace. And then, it turned warm. :sad:
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    If I know you at all, sderes, you're gonna get a work-out (or a few!) in somewhere....good for you for bringing the gear along - I debate this all the time, mostly because the weight restrictions for luggage on plains just is NOT that friendly, anymore, for carting around runners, etc!

I got my lifting in. Not a "great" day - but I got it done.
  • jessejames3ball
    Options
    Well, I am officially in the 40-something club now. Not sure how I feel about that yet.
  • BeckySBowen
    BeckySBowen Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I'm 46 and my teenager reminds me daily that I am not cool, lol!!! Little does he know. :wink:
  • eileen673
    eileen673 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Well, I am officially in the 40-something club now. Not sure how I feel about that yet.

I'm creeping closer every day and I am not sure how I feel about that yet either!
    BTW Nice tattoo and bicep :)
  • MainahGirl
    MainahGirl Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I'll be 46 in May. I'm definitely 40 plus and cool! Plus I like all things 80's! I think that is pretty cool in itself!
  • gatx
    gatx Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I turned 40 this past year... 41 at the end of the year... so then I am REALLY in my 40s!

Part of my reason for joining MFP was worries about bone density and muscle loss. And I am watching friends dealing with doctors and prescriptions... I want my 40s to be getting my health in order. (Getting super skinny and cute would be good too). My 30s were spent getting my finances straightened out after the fun of my 20s. Now my 40s will be about getting fit and healthy!

Not sure about cool... I am not having hot flashes yet so that's cool, right? :)
  • cindybowcut
    cindybowcut Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I will be turning 44 in a couple of weeks. My daughter thinks that I am cool and most of her friends think she has a cool mom. Even some of her cousins think that I am cool. I do know that I am in the best shape of my life and my son is amazed at the things I can do that I couldn't do before. He is proud that I can keep up with him while hiking and don't need to stop to catch my breath. I would have to say I think the 40's are my favorite.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Welcome, all!

Today is a "rest" day for me - good thing, my shoulder/back/neck went into full spasm last night.

:sad:

I'm hoping I'm feeling well enough, tomorrow, to lift, but I might have to take an "unscheduled" week off....
  • jessejames3ball
    Options

I'm creeping closer every day and I am not sure how I feel about that yet either!
    BTW Nice tattoo and bicep :)

Thank you. :-)
  • erinpooh
    Options
    Hey everyone! I'm 43 and am stunned that I'm this old. Remember when you were a kid and thought someone who was 30 was old???

I'm married, the working mother of a 13-year-old and a 3-year-old. Losing weight after my son was born only took about six months. Now I am still "fluffy" after the birth of my daughter, who turned three in June. I've lost 16 since the summer, and I'm working on 19 more. I'm hoping to be 150 by the time my birthday rolls around in June (hopefully before that). It really seems that when I was in my 20s, all I had to do was think about losing weight, go out dancing with my friends, and I'd lose 10 lbs in a week. Not anymore!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Hello Erin!

Yes, I think it is tougher to manage "weight" as we get a little bit older.

But, it's STILL gonna be easier to do it TODAY, than in our 50's and 60's....so, why not??!!

My shoulder is still bugging me. And, I have restaurant club to get through, tonight. Ugh. I want to ENJOY my evening and not feel this burn! Here's hoping some advil or something will kick in and help out this afternoon.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Hi cool kids!

I've decided to just get some cardio in at the gym, today - I think lifting would be a mistake, given how sore my shoulder/neck/back still is.

I hope you all have a good day!
  • Madein1971
    Options
    Hi All
    I'm a "cool" 41 and have an on off relationship with MFP (hoping to become more "faithful" lol)

Will be getting married on the 5th November so plenty of inspiration, plus I want to have a lovely long life with my Mr Gorgeous. :^)

Have just started the C25k and tonight do run 3 of week 1, I'd like my weeks to start on a Sunday though so will be doing another 2 runs on Week 1 to even my days out (plus even week 1 is crackering me out as I'm so unfit)

All support geatfully recieved
    Nicx
  • robmcd88
    robmcd88 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I wanna be cool...