40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,998 Member
    Options
    Jules, yikes, if you don't eat fish, pork or beef, yep, getting in protein (without being bored!) would be very tough. Because I do all the menu-planning for my family, I make sure we have a really good variety! We eat all types of meat....probably chicken more than anything else. For shakes, I actually just use the whey protein shake mix from costco. It's cheap and it's 35g of protein in one shake!

erin - great work-out!

I'm going to go and lift, today. Mostly lower-body work since my neck/shoulder/back is still hurting. But, I can do squats and lunges and step-ups. Fun, fun, fun (not!).
  • blakejohn
    blakejohn Posts: 1,129 Member
    Options
    Well I did 45 minutes on the step mill this morning, and did 15 minutes of leg exercises on the weight machines. I consider 45 minutes of cardio to be my bare minimum.

I wore a pair of size 2 Gap jeans to work today, and managed to camouflage 1/2" of muffin top. I still would like to lose 19 lbs. and get rid of the muffin top.

rock it girl
  • Beeps2011
    Options
  • Beeps2011
    Options
  • Beeps2011
    Options
  • Beeps2011
    Options
  • Beeps2011
    Options
  • Beeps2011
    Options
  • Beeps2011
    Options
  • Beeps2011
    Options
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    ....wanting to launch a new thread!
  • diadojikohei
    diadojikohei Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    lol!
  • mauryr
    mauryr Posts: 385
    Options
    I'm 51... my 17 year old daughter and her friends seem to think I'm cool. I also think my daughter is cool - we hang together quite a bit, go to concerts and such. (We actually went on a double date due to some unlikely extenuating circumstances.... I don't recommend this!) We somehow got past the "Daaad, you're embarrassing me!" stage quickly.

I'm re-single, as of a couple of years ago, and I like to go out dancing at various clubs in my area (Venice and Marina del Rey CA) with the rest of the "cool kids", regardless of their ages... and I'm certainly not the oldest of the folks I see out and about :-) Nice feature of living in this particular part of LA. I'm frequently asked to dance by "age inappropriate" women, who seem to think I might be cool. Guess I've fooled them! But it's nice to be asked, I must admit. (NSV!)
  • nicleed
    nicleed Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    The number of posts in the other thread was daunting! So I will join you here.

Me: 44 years old, trying to get back to the weight I was in my mid 30s, before pregnancy and aging got the better of me. 5'9", at my heaviest I was about 85 kilos (187 pounds) now 72 kilos (157 pounds). Have lost the past five kilos on MFP

My reason is not just vanity, but also to try and slow down the inevitable bone density and circulation issues we all face eventually. My mum is living with chronic heart failure - and I don't really want that to be me in 30 years.

Only four kilos left!

Look forward to getting to "know" you all.
  • karenjoy
    karenjoy Posts: 1,840 Member
    Options
    I am 46, and a Grandma, can I play with the cool kids?
  • jonnyman41
    jonnyman41 Posts: 1,032 Member
    Options
    I want to be cool but not sure if I can be in the club as I am British!!!!!
  • d_Mode
    d_Mode Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    So it's thaaaaaaaat kind of club. Nice!
  • elexichoccyeater
    elexichoccyeater Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I'm really cool.. Close to freezing and I'm a 47 yr old Brit xxxxxx
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Welcome everyone!

This is just a place to hang out, tell us what you're doing to improve your fitness/diet....basically to share thoughts about all SORTS of things that are on the minds of the "over 40" folks!
  • diadojikohei
    diadojikohei Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    I'm really cool.. Close to freezing and I'm a 47 yr old Brit xxxxxx

Me too! In fact I'm so cool I had to make myself a hotwater bottle this evening! lol!