40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    Good morning cool kids!

Finally had a good day yesterday (food & exercise wise)

I did weights for about 70 min and then walked for an hour. Was planning on running, but one of my friends is injured and asked if I would walk instead.

Plan is to stay on track today and run after work! Keeping my fingers crossed that happens!!:happy:
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,961 Member
    Options
    Great job, sdereski, scribb.

Jules - I like your attitude! Today *is* a NEW DAY!

No work-out for me, today. Am fasting until supper-time. Bring on the green tea!
  • tladame
    tladame Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Oops...the mud run is this Sunday, and I haven't actually run in a few weeks. :embarassed: Yipe! At least I've been doing home workouts, so I'll be able to do the obstacles. The run is the easy part!
  • Madein1971
    Options
    Week 2 day 2 of C25k plus my fist day over 10,000 steps yay!
  • SherryR1971
    SherryR1971 Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    Hello to all my new cool friends!! Had a good day today...how about you all??
  • sdereski
    Options
    Congrats madein71! 10,000 steps is fantastic.

Got my run in today.
    Any day I get a workout in is a good day.:happy:
  • kristym0716
    kristym0716 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Just stopping by to say "Hi Kids"!! It's been a good first 3 weeks. Yesterday was my first over day by 125 calories and I didn't work out, so I'm scrubbing it and starting again today. Got my workout in this morning and go to sign divorce papers this afternoon so a little celebrating tonight. 4 years is a long time to take to get it done, but it's finally happening!

Have a wonderful day everyone, stay positive and you'll get it done. I'm proud of you all!!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Had a pretty good fast, yesterday....would have loved to weigh myself, today, but didn't make it to the gym - meetings ALL DAY!

I'm exhausted. And, have meetings all day tomorrow, too. So, keeping diet "very" in-check and will get to the gym on Friday.
  • dmcole13
    dmcole13 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    off to work - just found this & posting to check back later............
  • sdereski
    Options
    Hey Beeps, great job on your fast! I have been terrible doing mine! always cave in the evening. :grumble:

Went to the gym yesterday to lift and only did half the workout. Just no oomph. But 45 minutes was better and no minutes.

Storming something terrible out there today! Still dark out and it's going on 10 a.m. funny weather we are having and it's so warm!

Supposed to run today - maybe on a treadmill.

Have a good day all. :flowerforyou:
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    sdereski, I break my fasts in the evening....so, usually I'm going (or trying) from 8:30 pm until I eat supper the next day (maybe 6:30 pm) - which would be 22 hours without food. But, that way, there still *is* some food being ingested in every single calendar day.

It's cold and snowy here....
  • dmcole13
    dmcole13 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to say hi to all & introduce myself
    My name is Dawn, am 48 and have no kids
    Started losing weight a year ago and as it was coming off pretty easy decided to really get serious about being more fit & healthy.
    After losing 35lbs, I decided to try to quit smoking (a 30+yr habit). Very happy to say I had my last cigarette in May. Did gain back 18lbs but was able to take back control in August with some serious walking & was back at the 35lb loss in September.
    Glad to be a part of seeing others journey, sucess, inspirations & motivations
    Have a great day all!!!
  • sdereski
    Options
    Welcome Dawn and congratulations on your weight loss!

Beeps, I like your fast! Now, that would be doable for me. Am going to try doing that. I know they certainly help with your weight loss! Will do it now - have not eaten since dinner, so will fast until tomorrow. Am supposed to go out for dinner tomorrow, so that makes for a good plan. Thanks.

The weather is still horrible here. Torrential rains and high winds, so ran on the treadmill. Power went out when I hit the 3 mile mark...bam! Came to a dead stop. So, 3 miles instead of 5. Again, better than no miles.

The ride home was a little scary. I have about 10k of dirt road to travel and much of it was washing out. Not sure I will be able to make it to work in the morning. My road is really bad. Cannot believe the rain that has fallen and still falling!
    Temps are supposed to drop tonight, but I sure hope not below freezing. That will be treacherous!
  • sdereski
    Options
    Welcome Dawn and congratulations on your weight loss!

Beeps, I like your fast! Now, that would be doable for me. Am going to try doing that. I know they certainly help with your weight loss! Will do it now - have not eaten since dinner, so will fast until tomorrow. Am supposed to go out for dinner tomorrow, so that makes for a good plan. Thanks.

The weather is still horrible here. Torrential rains and high winds, so ran on the treadmill. Power went out when I hit the 3 mile mark...bam! Came to a dead stop. So, 3 miles instead of 5. Again, better than no miles.

The ride home was a little scary. I have about 10k of dirt road to travel and much of it was washing out. Not sure I will be able to make it to work in the morning. My road is really bad. Cannot believe the rain that has fallen and still falling!
    Temps are supposed to drop tonight, but I sure hope not below freezing. That will be treacherous!
  • jeceke
    jeceke Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Part of the club! Hoping the best years are still ahead of me!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    How's the fast going, sderes??

I am SO excited to be able to get to the gym, today....I haven't worked out in 3 days and I think my head is about to pop off. So, good or bad work-out, I'm just excited to be able to get one in!

Have a good day 40's!
  • luvsunshine1
    luvsunshine1 Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Well, I was reading the posts and want to know how sdreski is doing. How is the weather now? Where do you live?

I have had a great day, 60 minute bike ride and 60min yoga class. Then went to an Artisan fair with a good friend where a couple of my other friends had a booth set up. They make the best jewelry, I got to stock up on some new earrings; but mostly just good to be with my girlfriends. Loved the fish tacos we had for lunch too.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    luvsun - Saturday looks like a great exercise day - good for you!

sderes - how did the fast go?

I got my cardio in on Saturday, but it was a REAL GRIND. There is NO doubt that my endurance is suffering - which is the price I'm prepared to pay to be stronger, stronger, stronger!

Today, I lift.
  • ksmiley412
    ksmiley412 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Hi all I am 41
    I joined mfp a couple months ago it is helping me stay conches of what I am eating and drinking.
    So far I have lost almost 10 lb.

Just getting into reading posts. Love all the great tips and story's on here.

I fell of the wagon a bit this weekend but hey its a new day and I am ready to get back on track cant wait to go to zumba class tonight!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Wow, to have lost 10 lbs in 2 months is pretty great, ksmiley! You must be really happy.

I got my lifting in - my last "A" work-out in Phase 2 of NROL4Abs....that means I'll bang out a "B" work-out on Wednesday and then it is onto Phase 3!! Colour me EXCITED!