40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• karenjoy
    karenjoy Posts: 1,840 Member
    Options
    I am English, is that some sort of barrier?
  • SherryR1971
    SherryR1971 Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    I want to join the cool club!! However unlike a PP, my 17 YO daughter does NOT think I'm cool!! Lol
  • Oh2BeMaintaining
    Oh2BeMaintaining Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Love hanging out with over 40 cool kids!
    I am 47 and new to MFP, well joined some time ago and decided to get serious this week.
    My 27 and 26 year old think I'm cool but my 19 year old isn't convinced yet.
    I do have 3 grandchildren and I am pretty sure they think I'm the coolest and I have to say that is the best feeling in the world. LOL!
  • d_Mode
    d_Mode Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    I want to join the cool club!! However unlike a PP, my 17 YO daughter does NOT think I'm cool!! Lol

What does she know Sherry, she's only seventeen. Seriously though, how could we not be cool, we were 80's kids during high school!
  • SherryR1971
    SherryR1971 Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options

What does she know Sherry, she's only seventeen. Seriously though, how could we not be cool, we were 80's kids during high school!

lol totally just heard Winger in my head singing "she's only seventeen" !!!
  • Keto_T
    Keto_T Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    I'm new here and I'd like to join too if you don't mind. I am 44, married, and have 34 and 31 yo stepsons and 23 and 17 yr old daughters....none of whom think I am cool.
  • suenix24
    suenix24 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Going to be 45 in a week!! Cheers!! :drinker:

I am on my second round of Insanity and I will be jogging/walking in my very first 5K November 4th downtown Chicago. :smile:
  • Broncoman13
    Options
    Cool is just a state of mind!
  • spud_chick
    spud_chick Posts: 2,639 Member
    Options
    45 yr old nerdess here. Started to walk and work with hand weights/resistance bands in August after many years of doing Mostly Nothing. Getting chiropractic and massage to sustain the work and feeling better than usual. Down a pants size and 10 lbs as of last week; I try not to weigh in too often. Taking lots of vits/supplements as well. I have a lot of health/skeletal issues so this is the first time in a while I've been able to get momentum going. It's good to feel myself getting stronger again.

I may or may not be cool, but here I am anyway~
  • tgh1914
    tgh1914 Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    Why isn't there a group for the truly old ones?
  • Foie_gras
    Foie_gras Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm 44, and my kid is cool. Last year, I became a first-time mom at 43 (the old-fashioned way). We think it's pretty cool. Those who are grandparents in your 40s -- any advice for someone just starting out?

Need to drop more than a few to gain any advantage I can keeping up with my kiddo and to be around as long as possible for him.
  • bluebird321
    bluebird321 Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    50. Still learning to be cool. Everything seems to be better since i've dropped the weight
  • thefitflorist
    Options
    celebrating the 11th anniversary of my 29th birthday...Yes ok 40. aprox 10 lbs to get back to my wedding weight, but have to tone up too. Married in 1995...so this 10 lbs has slowly crept on...but I am determined to be in a great bikini next summer!
  • dorilou1969
    Options
    43 and a super cool geek :glasses:
  • hamncheese67
    hamncheese67 Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    checking in so I don't lose this for another few more months :)

I've been real busy of late and haven't tracked for the last couple of days, though eating fairly well, but also not getting time for workouts.
  • Madein1971
    Options
    Yey - a new thread, cool! :)
    Just did the 1st run of week 2 C25k getting there little by little
    Nicx
  • Oh2BeMaintaining
    Oh2BeMaintaining Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Good Morning All! I was up early and got my walk in, I knew if I didn't just do it and get it over with the day would get away from me and by the afternoon I would be fighting with myself to get it done!
    Nothing special planned for the weekend going to enjoy just being home. I may even finish up a few things around here that need to be done. What does everyone else have going on?
  • JulesAtkinson1
    JulesAtkinson1 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Helloooo to all the new cool kids in town!! And to the ones from across the pond, Cheerio!!:flowerforyou:

Well, my passive aggressive scales TOTALLY let me down this morning. No weight loss, but no weight gain. :grumble:

I'm blaming it on FTS. For those of you who don't live in the South, that's an acronym for "fixin to start". :bigsmile:

So, if in a week, I come in here and it sounds like the girl's gone schizophrenic, you know why, right????:devil:

NSV this week. Tried on a pair of my new jeans (PRIOR to FTS syndrome) just purchased three weeks ago, and they are already a taaaaaaaaad too big in the waist. WHAT MADNESS IS THIS????? :laugh:
  • fatoldmomma
    fatoldmomma Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Just want to say Hi to you....I became a first time momma at 45, also the old fashioned way. Love to hear about more older mommas out there. I'm 54 now and my daughter is 9
  • karenjoy
    karenjoy Posts: 1,840 Member
    Options
    My scales are probably broken, being as they have not moved in a couple of weeks....arggghhhh