40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    12 days to go before I can become cool ;) All I can say is WOW, did time blow by fast! Inside I am still young...without being quite so foolish.....Well, maybe not...lol!

hey no peeking wait your 12 days OMG Kids these days

:laugh:
  • sdereski
    Options
    lets do a little flash back what's you fav song form the 80's
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X19iZ4CyJf0&feature=fvwrel

Look Away - by Chicago. Still love that song.
    but there were sooo many that I liked!!
  • sdereski
    Options
    Hiya all cool kids!!

Love that we have many more on the board and some regular posters too!! :happy:

Redlady - great job getting your 5miles in!!
    Jules - some great advice from your trainer. I know when I finish my insanity workouts - I am all of those things - messy, wet hair, shirt is soaked, I stink, face is flushed and my entire body feels slimy from sweat. Oh, and I am usually on my hands and knees cause I am so whipped, I can barely stand up. :laugh:
    Thanks for the reminder - gotta drink my water. I get carried away and focus on my coffee. :tongue:

Scribb, glad the recovery drink is working for you. It does help!
    Good luck on your half this weekend. So exciting!!

I lifted yesterday and am happy to say my *kitten* is feeling it today. Finally! I've been doing the NROL4W for a few weeks now and have not really felt any soreness from it. Even today, not so sore that I can't move, but I could certainly feel my butt as I walked up my stairs this morning. I think I need to lift a little heavier.
    Lifting again today - playing catch up. Hope to run as well. We'll see. Hubby is home today, so......:wink:
  • LisaKC
    LisaKC Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Ok, just found this thread. Not sure if I'm cool enough to hang with this crowd, though. I'm 48, and am back on MFP after being off for about a year. I've been under the weather about a week, but am hoping to get in some running or some time on the bike trainer tonight. Any triathletes here? I also swim.
  • ritalef
    ritalef Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Hello FAB 40's+!!

Today I did my first B work-out in Stage 5 of NROL4W. With only 4 reps per set, it just feels like DREAM-LAND. I like it very much!!

What does NROL4W stand for?
  • sdereski
    Options
    Hello FAB 40's+!!

Today I did my first B work-out in Stage 5 of NROL4W. With only 4 reps per set, it just feels like DREAM-LAND. I like it very much!!

What does NROL4W stand for?

New Rules of Lifting for Women
  • hamncheese67
    hamncheese67 Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    Continuing on with my half marathon training. Ran about 10 miles yesterday. Felt good and it helped that it became a night run. Sun was setting when I headed out and was still about 80 degrees. Cooled down nicely. Unfortunately, my phone app for tracking died so I am only able to estimate that I ran about 10 miles. First time at this distance in 19 years.
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,987 Member
    Options
    hamncheese - well, that's pretty damn good if you haven't done it in 19 years! congrats!

sdereski - YAY that you are feeling "sore" - yes, you probably need to increase the WEIGHTS!

On Friday, I'll be halfway through Phase 2 of NROL4Abs, already! This program is moving FAST!

And, I've lost 4 lbs since Sept. 19th, so my nutrition plan (intermittent fasting) seems to be working for me, too.

I'm going to finish out 2012 with a BOOM!
  • blakejohn
    blakejohn Posts: 1,129 Member
    Options
    remember rap started in the 80's
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9aofoBrFNdg
  • marthadztx
    marthadztx Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Sugar Hill gang! ;)
  • blakejohn
    blakejohn Posts: 1,129 Member
    Options
    Sugar Hill gang! ;)

to the hip hop hippty hop
  • marthadztx
    marthadztx Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    yeah!:drinker:
  • facingfortyfierce
    facingfortyfierce Posts: 5,156 Member
    Options
    John Mellencamp....Jack and Diane ;)
  • Katbody10
    Katbody10 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Popping in .. I don't think I've been here yet .. just 3 weeks into it here.

46 and feeling like a cool kid! *waves* Hi everyone!
  • 007bondage
    007bondage Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    Hi Coolies!

Did a fun Duathlon last night, walking a bit "stiff" today so I had a recovery day (1500m swim and 16mile bike).

:drinker:
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,987 Member
    Options
    Wow, a "duathlon" - haven't heard of that. Sounds like you did really well!

I'm pretty sore from my lifting....a good sore!

Today, is a rest day.
  • hamncheese67
    hamncheese67 Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options

Buggles! Back when MTV really stood for Music Television. The 80's had new wave, rap, and of course hair metal:

http://youtu.be/_88L-CU7PD4
  • JulesAtkinson1
    JulesAtkinson1 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Mornin'all my 40+ and fabulous peeps! It's a clear, sunny and cool day here in SC. Not as cool as I would like it to be so I could wear my slammin' new boots, but cooler than it has been! :glasses:

Night off last night for choir practice. We are already practicing Christmas music!! What???:huh:

Hoping to get to the gym for a littlie lifting before my Group Active class. Upper body today. Can't wait to get those bat wings off the back of my arms before I take flight in a stiff wind!! :noway:

Date night this weekend with the male parental unit (otherwise known as Big Daddy). Can't wait to show off my new jeans that are :::ahem:: TWO whole sizes smaller!! Anyone got any good movie suggestions?

Have a great day and drink your water!!
    ************************************* :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: ****************************************
  • scribb
    scribb Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    Mornin'all my 40+ and fabulous peeps! It's a clear, sunny and cool day here in SC. Not as cool as I would like it to be so I could wear my slammin' new boots, but cooler than it has been! :glasses:

Night off last night for choir practice. We are already practicing Christmas music!! What???:huh:

Hoping to get to the gym for a littlie lifting before my Group Active class. Upper body today. Can't wait to get those bat wings off the back of my arms before I take flight in a stiff wind!! :noway:

Date night this weekend with the male parental unit (otherwise known as Big Daddy). Can't wait to show off my new jeans that are :::ahem:: TWO whole sizes smaller!! Anyone got any good movie suggestions?

Have a great day and drink your water!!
    ************************************* :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: ****************************************

Have a great workout today. I am not sure about movies to see. I have not been to the movies in quite some time, but maybe "Here comes the Boom". I hope the date night goes well for you.
  • wyattsmomjoy
    wyattsmomjoy Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    2 SIZES! Awesome!!! Have fun on Date Night!