40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• BettyM1017
    BettyM1017 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was P90X3 CVX with a 10-pound weight...I definitely feel it today!

Today was an easy 3-mile run and P90X3 The Warrior.

Camp Gladiator starts in Monday!
  • allenpriest
    allenpriest Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    Walked the state fair then came home and walked the dog. Lots of walking today.
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    "FOCUS T25 Stretch"=Done!
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Options
    Finished final high volume training week today. Mile swim, then two hour run - Done.

Glad its over. Weather is beautiful, so heading out for some recovery kayaking this afternoon.
  • __TMac__
    __TMac__ Posts: 1,665 Member
    Options
    I've been taking the weekend off from training. Dropped the eldest off for his first year in campus, then returned home to immediately start renovating his room. We've got the first coat of paint on the walls and half of the new closet system installed.
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "FOCUS T25 Beta: Core Cardio"=Done!
  • __TMac__
    Options
    Ran 4 easy miles.

Story time: I was at the Home Depot yesterday getting shelving to organize my daughter's closet. I'm loading the stuff into the car, and the guy at the car next to me says something about how it would be a lot of work to install the closet. I agreed and drove off. Then the penny dropped on what he ACTUALLY said. "Can I come home with you, and then help you install that closet?"
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "FOCUS T25 Beta: Speed 2.0"=Done!
  • BettyM1017
    Options
    __TMac__ wrote: »
    Ran 4 easy miles.

Story time: I was at the Home Depot yesterday getting shelving to organize my daughter's closet. I'm loading the stuff into the car, and the guy at the car next to me says something about how it would be a lot of work to install the closet. I agreed and drove off. Then the penny dropped on what he ACTUALLY said. "Can I come home with you, and then help you install that closet?"

You go girl! You still got it!
  • BettyM1017
    Options
    Yesterday was my first day at Camp Gladiator. It was a good workout, but I still had enough left in m to go for a run, except that my hamstring was on fire! I've been have trouble, off and on, with my right hamstring for the last week or two. I think it's my one pair of shoes. I'm going to test my theory this week. If it's not the shoes, I'll be back running on Thursday. Today is swim and water workout day and tomorrow I have an adventure date that should be interesting. All I know so far is that we're going kayaking and to the range. Hopefully, the weather will cooperate!
  • __TMac__
    Options
    Ran 6 slow miles. My lower back got pretty tight by the end.

@BettyM1017 -- I'm not sure I ever had it in the first place! Sorry your hamstring is acting up. The shoes is a good guess, and easily tested. Did you change anything? Warm-ups, stretching, etc.? That sort of thing (like my back) starts for me when I'm not setting myself up for success. I need to stretch often and warm up well.
  • Tarak15
    Tarak15 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Well I am back..took a couple months off and feel awful. However, I am headed back to the gym and tracking on MFP to get back on track. This over 40 weight loss is tough! The body responds so much slower:) Hope everyone is going great!
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    Changing up my lifting program and moving to overload pyramid sets for the next 6 weeks - Monday complete and feeling gloriously sore today.

Good run this morning. Light cardio around lunch and have a 1.5 mi run with my son when I get home.
  • RandJ6280
    RandJ6280 Posts: 1,161 Member
    Options
    __TMac__ wrote: »
    After I got back from my run, I found myself with some time to kill, so I did my first StrongLifts session (squats, overhead press, and deadlifts).

I was just looing into trying the 5x5SL starting in Sept.

How is everyone doing today?
  • amandaeve
    amandaeve Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    Just found out I was born the same year as John Oliver. I am not sure what age he seems to me, but I thought he was older than me. My colleagues (all older than me) frequently talk about what a young thing I am. They seem to think I'm much younger than I am (they are not convinced I know anything about film cameras or landlines). I mentioned that I am older than John Oliver, but they thought he was barely 30, so my comparison failed...
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "FOCUS T25 Beta: Rip'T Circuit"=Done!
  • caramelgyrlk
    caramelgyrlk Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    Hey kids, hot pilates done. Hope all is well. Needless to say my heart aches for the flood victims. We have a few offices in Texas and some of our staff lost their homes and possessions. If any of you have family or friends impacted, my thoughts are with you.
    Keep up the great work everyone.
  • Brabo_Grip
    Brabo_Grip Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I want to be in the club! Hi! I'm 42, and have met all my long term goals. I have a few short-term that will necessitate dropping 5-10 more lb, but I am basically in maintenance now.
  • amandaeve
    amandaeve Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    Anybody else here go to a boxing gym? I go to Title Boxing Club (aerobic boxing, not for sport/competition).