40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• mmabry72
    mmabry72 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    gam3rguy wrote: »
    They only had 2 photographers at Warrior Dash on Saturday. I can't find one of me in the mud crawl and this is the best of my fire jump. I think they just skipped me on third lap when I was wearing the helmet. Like " this F&@king dork again." Whomp-whomp.
    Awesome man! Great pic.
  • Kdwishes
    Kdwishes Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    41 and new here!

I had a sciatica flair up just before I went to Vegas last month and its been hard to do strength training. I'm going to the gym this morning and hopefully I don't irritate anything.
  • Brabo_Grip
    Brabo_Grip Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I hate rib injuries. They take forever to heal. I rushed back too quick and will not be doing Jiu Jitsu for god knows how long now. At least my striking technique is improving - off to Muay Thai class for lunch.
  • Brabo_Grip
    Brabo_Grip Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Kdwishes wrote: »
    41 and new here!

I had a sciatica flair up just before I went to Vegas last month and its been hard to do strength training. I'm going to the gym this morning and hopefully I don't irritate anything.

Good vibes your way.

• Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,957 Member
    Options
    Lifted today. BOOM!
  • fjmartini
    fjmartini Posts: 1,149 Member
    Options
    I feel and think like I'm 25. That has its ups and downs.
  • rosalie115
    rosalie115 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I just have to laugh when the mind says "you got this! It's easy." however the body says,"nope. Not happening." If you're as young as you feel then isn't the body cooperating?!
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Options
    Welcome to all the new kids. Wishing all the injured kids a speedy recovery.

Had a beautiful open water swim tonight. Lake was flat calm and water temps were perfect for a wetsuit swim. This may be my last lake swim before race day.

We'll do a shorter, low intensity bike ride followed by a race pace run tomorrow. Then a swim and long run on Sunday.

Starting Monday, it's taper time!

Stay Cool....
  • LoneDaisy
    LoneDaisy Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    The New Girl!

Hey there, I am new to this online group stuff. I gained about 20 pounds on some meds I was on and want to lose them! As you may or may not have noticed, +40 years presents new challenges for weight loss. I have a goal of 1200 cals. per day and today is my first day with this site and my new regime.

If anyone can tell me, ...how does one eat LESS calories while burning MORE calories and not be Hangry!? I am a vegetarian and eat really well anyway so finding it hard to see Where to cut calories....unless I live on water and ice for every lunch. lol.

Is there a trick to working out that spends more calories? (eg. Like after jogging for 20 mins....then the calories start burning up...!?
  • BettyM1017
    BettyM1017 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    gam3rguy wrote: »
    They only had 2 photographers at Warrior Dash on Saturday. I can't find one of me in the mud crawl and this is the best of my fire jump. I think they just skipped me on third lap when I was wearing the helmet. Like " this F&@king dork again." Whomp-whomp.

Love the Superman shirt!
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    "Easy" four this morning, breakfast at Gramma's then shoulders, traps and tris at the gym. Weather's starting to cooperate. I can breath!!! And I can see!!!
  • __TMac__
    __TMac__ Posts: 1,665 Member
    Options
    Easy-ish 3 this morning. Got a little carried away toward the end there. But it was a lovely cool morning and I couldn't help myself.

Going on a week-long business trip on Monday, culminating with an employee's wedding. I'm spending much more time planning food and workouts than I am on the business prep. Oh well. Priorities.
  • BettyM1017
    BettyM1017 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    It's been an interesting week. I feel like I've been on vacation, but I'm still going to work, lol! There's been kayaking, and swimming, and range time, and escape rooms and shopping and a lot of pure and simple fun! Unfortunately, that means I've missed a few runs this week. I did make it to my Camp Gladiator workouts though. This whole working out with other people is quite the new concept for me, lol! I've pretty much been working out at home for the last couple of years. So far, I really like it. The workouts are challenging, interesting, and even fun. I probably like them because they're pretty similar to my favorite BeachBody workouts....but without the pause button!

No class today, but I did get in a 5.5 mile interval run, so I'm happy.

Have a wonderful and safe holiday weekend, everyone! Hopefully, the weather will cooperate and I'll get out and do some kayaking after CG on Monday!
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,957 Member
    Options
    Cardio today. ZOOM!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "FOCUS T25 Stretch"=Done!
  • Morgaen73
    Morgaen73 Posts: 2,818 Member
    Options
    Week 2 of crossfit starting today :)

Hope you all have an awesome day.
  • MellowGa
    MellowGa Posts: 1,305 Member
    Options
    Morgaen73 wrote: »

Let me know how you like crossfit, I am on the fence about it
  • Morgaen73
    Morgaen73 Posts: 2,818 Member
    Options
    MellowGa wrote: »
    Morgaen73 wrote: »

Let me know how you like crossfit, I am on the fence about it

I did 3 sessions last week. So far there are no negatives. I like the fact that I dont have to do it alone, the community, the support and the fact that it is never the same. I'm not giving up lifting though lol I'll do the 2 together.

It can seem a bit random though. I've heard people complaining about that, especially if you dont work with a trainer that has a plan for you. I quite like the unpredictability of it. Takes away from the monotony of lifting a bit.